Info on Protein drinks??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
My Boy!

Info on Protein drinks???

I've been away from all this for a short period and things change, people test stuff and find out stuff about products..... What is supposed to be the best or most popular or which ones suck or whatever now?

I've been using Muscle Milk mostly - good taste but I dont know the general opinion about it anymore....

Also I've used the stuff you can buy from Smoothie King - "Gladiator". Lots of protein (whey) and no carbs, no chlorestorol at all, no fat at all, but pretty hard to get past the taste.

What does everyone else use?

Opinions on whats out there now?

Thanks
Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Hired Hand

What are your goals? For weight gain Muscle Milk tastes great, but it's got too much fat in it if you are looking to lean up. I personally drink ON Nutritions whey protein, it's relatively cheap, and palatable.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Oooooooh-whee

I use Dymatize Iso 100. It's whey isolate. 100 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 24g protein per serving. I've only had the chocolate and it tastes great. Like Raven said, it depends on your goals. I really needed to lean out, which is why I chose this particular product.

8/16/05

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
I use Dymatize Iso 100. It's whey isolate. 100 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 24g protein per serving. I've only had the chocolate and it tastes great. Like Raven said, it depends on your goals. I really needed to lean out, which is why I chose this particular product.

how much is it and where did u get it? I need to loose some weight and lean out and that sounds like what I need.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
What are your goals? For weight gain Muscle Milk tastes great, but it's got too much fat in it if you are looking to lean up. I personally drink ON Nutritions whey protein, it's relatively cheap, and palatable.
dam it, ive been taking muscle milk as a meal replacement...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
dam it, ive been taking muscle milk as a meal replacement...

For a meal replacement it's not as bad, as you are replacing a meal that could very well contain alot more fat and carbs. My protein shakes are in addition to my regular food, so I don't wanna add more fat.

A chicken breast and stemed veggies would be better for oyu than a muscle milk shake, but that same shake would be alot better than a big slice of homemade lasagna.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 AM

I mix 2 scoops of on whey "vanilla ice cream" with about 12oz of orange juice and a couple big scoops of peanut butter for my breakfast shake. Tastes delicious (you can use fruit instead of peanut butter but for whatever reason I like the taste of peanutbutter/vanilla/orange) and it's not too shitty for a breakfast shake.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 07:24 AM
CHAMPION

I use Choc. Nitro Tech after I workout. Taste okay and seems to put on a few pounds.

I use Cell Tech prior to working out(fruit Punch)

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by duecestang
how much is it and where did u get it? I need to loose some weight and lean out and that sounds like what I need.
www.bodybuilding.com

It's 39.99 for 5lbs. The protein alone won't help you lose weight. Your diet and exercise will. The protein is just there to help repair muscle.

8/16/05
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
For a meal replacement it's not as bad, as you are replacing a meal that could very well contain alot more fat and carbs. My protein shakes are in addition to my regular food, so I don't wanna add more fat.

A chicken breast and stemed veggies would be better for oyu than a muscle milk shake, but that same shake would be alot better than a big slice of homemade lasagna.
as you know i am a truck driver, so i usually can eat anything i want whenever i see it, so to get myself out of the habit, ive been taking 2-16 oz shakes and drink them throughout the day, this keeps me from stopping at the various burger kings, wendys, and etc...

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Rookie

Muscle Milk for me.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
as you know i am a truck driver, so i usually can eat anything i want whenever i see it, so to get myself out of the habit, ive been taking 2-16 oz shakes and drink them throughout the day, this keeps me from stopping at the various burger kings, wendys, and etc...
Then stick to the Muscle Milk, the added sugar and fat over a plain protein powder tastes better, which will help you to stick with it. 30-40lbs down the road you may need to swap over if you're looking to get sub 10% bodyfat.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 01:23 PM

lmfao, if I ever get close to 10% body fat then I will start to worry about that...

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Lyn
Lifer

I use myoplex lite. Good stuff!
Lyn
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 08:25 PM
dead

just a quick note on muscle milk... while it is the highest in fat content, it's actually engineered lipids designed to act as fuel for muscle regrowth. if you work out properly and drink the stuff none of that fat is going to stick but rather assist you in development.

i was worried when i first bought it too but now it's really all i can stomach.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
just a quick note on muscle milk... while it is the highest in fat content, it's actually engineered lipids designed to act as fuel for muscle regrowth. if you work out properly and drink the stuff none of that fat is going to stick but rather assist you in development.

i was worried when i first bought it too but now it's really all i can stomach.
I've been using Muscle Milk for a couple of months now. If anything, I've gotten more definition since starting it.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
My Boy!

well, over the past month or so I have lost 14 lbs and muscle milk has been the main protein I drink. I had that bit of Gladiator no fat no carb stuff left over and I used that up as after workout drink mixed with gatoraid to get rid of that, then it has been jsut the muscle milk.

I drink a shake mid morning and mid afternoon, I also have one at breakfast every morning with a small bowl of oatmeal, sometimes the same thing for lunch and even dinner. I have been very strict except for a few days on the diet like that. Grilled fish, tuna and rice, or oatmeal almost exclusively along with the muscle milk drinks. I dont think that the muscle milk fat is hurting my progress based on the last month.

Also, I have been lifting 2 days a week and the cardio only averages about 1 - 2 days a week. not a very hard workout schedule at all. I need to actually step it up more. I had planned a 3 day a week lifting adn 3 day a week cardio schedule, but so far I have not managed to rearrange everything else to fit it in that way.

Probably a batd thing I do is that if I do eat bad say for lunch, I will skip my afternoon protein snack. I think this is bad because I am going too ling between meals that way, even though I am dropping my total intake of calories that day. So my muscle gains are not going to be the best this way.

Now, on to measurements - I have not lost any at all in my waist measurement, however my chest measurement is down 1". Arms are slightly bigger. but I can notice the fat loss overall, so I am gaining muscle, but still loosing fat qiockly enough to see a large change in weight at the scale. I figured there would be an evening out with gaining muscle, but not so far.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:33 AM
We lost one.....

Quote:
lmfao, if I ever get close to 10% body fat then I will start to worry about that...
One scoop of muscle milk (vanilla) and one scoop of ON whey gold standard (strawberry) in 16oz water. For me it actually tasted pretty good too.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 09:08 AM
\(_o)/

I've been taking this stuff called "FullStrength".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement