sex and lifting - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

sex and lifting

I know better than to fuck right before the gym, I usually try to keep at least 2-3 hours of "recoup" time before I go lift but what about afterwards? I've never read up or been able to find anything concrete about the effects of busting a nut and wasting testosterone or whatever happens after you lift.

Am I hurting my gains by fucking? I usually have sex at least once a day and never at a usual time so I just need to know what to look out for as far as timing with the lifting routine goes.

Anyone?

*no this is not a thread to brag about how awesome my wife is giving it up all the time *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Lifer

Studies vary on this, but the most recent one I read said that your test levels are at their highest 7 days after your last time. But really, who is willing to sacrifice thier sex life for a little bit extra in the gym? I'd stick to your current plan.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSprayIt
*no this is not a thread to brag about how awesome my wife is giving it up all the time *
yeah that is what the people around here will turn it into.

"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?""
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Lifer

Hell, my assumption after reading you get it once a day was that you're single.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 10:09 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

I have sex and lift at the same time...we usually do it on the Bowflex. Two birds with one stone. I'm hardcore.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
not exclude

Eh, if you aren't training for anything...who gives a fuck?

Weigh your options, see what you care about more. Then make the smart decision while keeping the wifey happy.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Eh, if you aren't training for anything...who gives a fuck?

Weigh your options, see what you care about more. Then make the smart decision while keeping the wifey happy.
I actually might start training for the worlds strongest man competition, not that I could seriously compete or even place in it, but those are some big/strong dudes and it'd be interesting to see the gains I'd get doing that - but I can't find any of their diets/workouts/routines. I only work maybe an hour or two a day so I have the rest of that time to train.

I care about lifting a lot, but I'm not about to turn down some ass from the wife It's only a matter of time before she starts packing on weight and i don't want it anymore
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
I care about lifting a lot, but I'm not about to turn down some ass from the wife It's only a matter of time before she starts packing on weight and i don't want it anymore

Though it may affect motivation and test levels for a certain period of time, I don't think that having daily sex will affect your overall progress. Besides, I thought that the whole point of working out was to get laid, so what are you worried about?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 03:25 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I actually might start training for the worlds strongest man competition, not that I could seriously compete or even place in it, but those are some big/strong dudes and it'd be interesting to see the gains I'd get doing that - but I can't find any of their diets/workouts/routines. I only work maybe an hour or two a day so I have the rest of that time to train.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mdlabs11.htm

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Though it may affect motivation and test levels for a certain period of time, I don't think that having daily sex will affect your overall progress. Besides, I thought that the whole point of working out was to get laid, so what are you worried about?
Eh, I like having sex but I don't want to fuck up any gains. there's no way i'm going to stop having sex all together everyday, I just want to be able to tell my wife "no"

Oh god I sound like a woman.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Sticky Side Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
I have sex and lift at the same time...we usually do it on the Bowflex. Two birds with one stone. I'm hardcore.

LOL.. good stuff
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Hey, how you doing? My name's Barry Lincoln.............We are not weightlifting, we are definitely FUCKING.....
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Hey, how you doing? My name's Barry Lincoln.............We are not weightlifting, we are definitely FUCKING.....
There are no dumbells in here!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:39 PM
JPS

As most of you know, I'm not a weight lifter but just someone trying to stay in shape. I had surgery in December and can tell you that since I haven't been able to work out, my sex drive has gone down. I started walking on Sunday, (Doc doesn't want me do more than that and is really not happy with me walking) but I know that my drive is back up. I think the more you work out the stronger your sex drive is..... So.....work out daily and have sex daily. Makes for a great marriage too!

JPS
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS
As most of you know, I'm not a weight lifter but just someone trying to stay in shape. I had surgery in December and can tell you that since I haven't been able to work out, my sex drive has gone down. I started walking on Sunday, (Doc doesn't want me do more than that and is really not happy with me walking) but I know that my drive is back up. I think the more you work out the stronger your sex drive is..... So.....work out daily and have sex daily. Makes for a great marriage too!

JPS
Can I test drive your Vulva?
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:43 PM
JPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Can I test drive your Vulva?
ummmmm let me think about that.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

NO

JPS
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I know better than to fuck right before the gym, I usually try to keep at least 2-3 hours of "recoup" time before I go lift but what about afterwards? I've never read up or been able to find anything concrete about the effects of busting a nut and wasting testosterone or whatever happens after you lift.

Am I hurting my gains by fucking? I usually have sex at least once a day and never at a usual time so I just need to know what to look out for as far as timing with the lifting routine goes.

Anyone?

Sounds like your getting cardo workout in...
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS

JPS

Sex drive is directly correlated to circulating testosterone, and regular exercise naturally increases tesosterone production in both men and women.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 05:55 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
There are no dumbells in here!

Are these people havin' seeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxx... or liftin' weights?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

no way i can fuck before we go workout, cause i would end up rolling over and falling asleep...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
no way i can fuck before we go workout, cause i would end up rolling over and falling asleep...

lol...so true.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
rotflmao. The first and only time I fucked right before I left for the gym I went there to do legs and could barely leg press my own body weight. I was shaking and could hardly walk after my first couple sets. Never did that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY
Sounds like your getting cardo workout in...
Dude, you have noooooooo idea I almost considered not doing any cardio because the woman wears me the hell out
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 PM
JPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
Sex drive is directly correlated to circulating testosterone, and regular exercise naturally increases tesosterone production in both men and women.
WOW. I had no idea. Even if you're bullshitting me, I'm going to go with it. Sounds good to me and explains why after surgery I felt like doing nothing.

JPS
aka: Patty
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS
WOW. I had no idea. Even if you're bullshitting me, I'm going to go with it. Sounds good to me and explains why after surgery I felt like doing nothing.

JPS
aka: Patty
I'm not bullshitting you, just like men have a small amount of estrogen in us, women have testosterone.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement