Honestly. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Wink Honestly.

How many people here are completely natural, I'm even talking about not using weight gainers, protein shakes anything like that?

"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?""
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Time Served

I'm going to make that my goal. I know its quicker and easier to use weight gainers/alternatives/supplements and anything else, but I want to see where I can get on diet and workout/exercise only.
M

2008 Chevy Tahoe
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:45 PM
not exclude

Lol, I never had considered whey protein unnatural.

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:46 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I don't even eat food.

weight gainers and protein shakes unnatural? gimme a break. They are more "pure" than most of the food you probably stuff your face with.
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:47 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
I don't even eat food.

weight gainers and protein shakes unnatural? gimme a break. They are more "pure" than most of the food you probably stuff your face with.

So you mean to tell me that all those antibiotic residues are not made by the human body?
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Hired Hand

Anyone that doesn't drink protein shakes either has plenty of time and money to prepare "real food", they are getting nice and fat, or they are severly hindering their progress.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:22 PM
JPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDIDurGF04
How many people here are completely natural, I'm even talking about not using weight gainers, protein shakes anything like that?
Natural.... Hmmmm, I'm not natural. Never will be. Don't want to be. But I also don't take suppliements. I just like all the work that can be done to your body to make you look absolutely incredible!

JPS
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Yeah, just eating an average meals. No supplements.

"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?""
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Yeah, just eating an average meals. No supplements.
what makes protein shakes unnatural?
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM

I'm half natural.

I'm half human, half robot, honestly.
post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

If anyone is intrested it is actually just as easy to get big. In the army I was in rehab for about 7 months. Was allowed to lift for 4 months of this time. Went from 155 (wasnt eating in college) to over 200lbs solid. With good square meals and water it is just as possible to have the gains you can receive with supplements, without using them. I was actually forced to stop lifting them because I was getting too strong. It brought a lot of anger issues with it, but i'm back at my normal weight 185. But the thing is either way, you dont need supplements to get big fast. Just gotta know what you're doing.

(My major is Human Biology/pre-med)

post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
what makes protein shakes unnatural?
nothing, I'm talking just eating normal.

post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
If anyone is intrested it is actually just as easy to get big. In the army I was in rehab for about 7 months. Was allowed to lift for 4 months of this time. Went from 155 (wasnt eating in college) to over 200lbs solid. With good square meals and water it is just as possible to have the gains you can receive with supplements, without using them. I was actually forced to stop lifting them because I was getting too strong. It brought a lot of anger issues with it, but i'm back at my normal weight 185. But the thing is either way, you dont need supplements to get big fast. Just gotta know what you're doing.

lol Being a specific weight/strength level doesn't bring about anger issues.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
lol Being a specific weight/strength level doesn't bring about anger issues.
No but being strong, and anger issues arising, that is bad. and that is why they made me stop.

post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
not exclude

Quote:

Actually, most people don't have the appetite to intake the amount of protein needed for maximum natural growth. That's why you take protein shakes. That's not to say you can't grow while on a normal diet, but you aren't making optimal progress more than likely.
post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Actually, most people don't have the appetite to intake the amount of protein needed for maximum natural growth. That's why you take protein shakes. That's not to say you can't grow while on a normal diet, but you aren't making optimal progress more than likely.
You'd probably think i was insane if i told you the diet i was doing. But then agian, military food is military food.

post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

anyways I'm not here to argue about this by no means, i'm just curious to see who all doesnt use supplements or anything.

post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Please tell me you aren't really ignorant enough to think that having protein shakes makes you any less "natural"?lol

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning
Please tell me you aren't really ignorant enough to think that having protein shakes makes you any less "natural"?lol
Protein is unnatural
post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
He's not, this is just his subtle little way of trying to say "I'm better than you".

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
He's not, this is just his subtle little way of trying to say "I'm better than you".
at 185 the only thing better about him then me is that he is closer to being anorexic then i am..

also.. "forced to stop lifting because you got to strong and angry".. can you give an example of you being to strong?? what did you bench when you where " to strong?? or Shoulder press?

D.
post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
at 185 the only thing better about him then me is that he is closer to being anorexic then i am..

also.. "forced to stop lifting because you got to strong and angry".. can you give an example of you being to strong?? what did you bench when you where " to strong?? or Shoulder press?
Don't forget that at 200lbs he was so big and strong that he was having anger issues. What does that mean for guys at our weight? We must be about to explode!

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5111
Don't forget that at 200lbs he was so big and strong that he was having anger issues. What does that mean for guys at our weight? We must be about to explode!
I can barely deal with everyday life I'm so angry.

post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If anyone is intrested it is actually just as easy to get big. In the army I was in rehab for about 7 months. [/IMG]
What were you rehabbing?

Based on the acne in the pic I would say that you are/were pretty young which means that you still had high testosterone levels. Wait until you get older and then try and see those same gains without any supplements. With each decade it gets considerably harder.
post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Genetically Blessed

I don't do any supplements but I'm not blowing anyone away with strength either, trust me. I just want to be in good shape, not fat like I used to be.
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
What were you rehabbing?

Based on the acne in the pic I would say that you are/were pretty young which means that you still had high testosterone levels. Wait until you get older and then try and see those same gains without any supplements. With each decade it gets considerably harder.
Fell 35-40ft broke my foot, ankle, and destroyed all the tendons and ligiments in it... Ultimately being medically discharged. What is funny is, my face has always been clear till the army, and now it is clear agian. It was a nasty enviroment I was in, infact, the unit i was in during that picture is now shut down partcially because of it.

post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

i noticed you didnt reply to my " how strong did you get"?

D.
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:

585 bench, and i'm only 5'9'' so 185 isnt that scronny, but it isnt huge by no means. Too strong... only because of anger issues..

post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
i noticed you didnt reply to my " how strong did you get"?
I was working on it and military press was 205 free weights, i was shooting for 225 but never made it by the date i was stopped and transfered into a nw unit.

post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

205.. how many times? i was repping 315 with a torn rotator seated military press and i consider myself a weakling.

D.
post #31 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
anyways I'm not here to argue about this by no means, i'm just curious to see who all doesnt use supplements or anything.
^^^^^

post #32 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:

face it.. you're an animal.!!! RRAWR!!

D.
post #33 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
205.. how many times? i was repping 315 with a torn rotator seated military press and i consider myself a weakling.
I've the same issue, but I've a winged scapula and a few other problems with it.
my shoulder is pretty much jacked, the dr's wont fix it.

post #34 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
do u have the bar infront of ur shoulders or behind?

post #35 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
I've the same issue, but I've a winged scapula and a few other problems with it.
my shoulder is pretty much jacked, the dr's wont fix it.
my doc told me i would never bench over 100lbs again. till recently i was reppting 505 on the bench..

D.
post #36 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
my doc told me i would never bench over 100lbs again. till recently i was reppting 505 on the bench..
dr's lie.

post #37 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
do u have the bar infront of ur shoulders or behind?
Bar behind != military press. thats behind the neck press. can because of my injury i had to use a machine. on that i could rep 4 plates per side..
seated military (bar in front) i was hitting 315

D.
post #38 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Bar behind != military press. thats behind the neck press. can because of my injury i had to use a machine. on that i could rep 4 plates per side..
seated military (bar in front) i was hitting 315
thats cool.

post #39 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Founding Member

I just diet. No shakes or extra stuff. If I were working out I might try a shake or something. I have lost a lot of weight (245>188) but have lost some muscle too.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #40 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing19
I just diet. No shakes or extra stuff. If I were working out I might try a shake or something. I have lost a lot of weight (245>188) but have lost some muscle too.
that is awesome.

post #41 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
I was working on it and military press was 205 free weights, i was shooting for 225 but never made it by the date i was stopped and transfered into a nw unit.

That doesn't compute. You bench 585, but can't military 225? My bench isn't even 500 and I can rep 225 on military.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #42 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Lifer

I wonder why he put in the Biology major/premed thing? He isnt even through with college, so how can he expect us to have respect for his knowledge when it simply doesnt exist? Oh yeah, doctors dont lie.
post #43 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
JPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas
....Oh yeah, doctors dont lie.
Yeah, I wondered if you were going to take offense to that.

JPS
post #44 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
That doesn't compute. You bench 585, but can't military 225? My bench isn't even 500 and I can rep 225 on military.
where did he say he benched 585?

D.
post #45 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
where did he say he benched 585?

Here.

Quote:
585 bench, and i'm only 5'9'' so 185 isnt that scronny, but it isnt huge by no means. Too strong... only because of anger issues..

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #46 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Lifer

If he indeed benches 585 while weighing in at 185 and put on 45lbs of muscle in 4 months then he is not all-natural unless he is a freak with a dangerously high test level. That's over 3 times his body weight. I bet the 585 was a typo and he meant 385 or 285.
post #47 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS
Yeah, I wondered if you were going to take offense to that.

JPS
LOL...I have to give a shit about the persons opinion to be offended...
post #48 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Oh yeah, doctors dont lie.
My doctor lied to me in October.

He told me not to think about running again for 6 months after my achilles tendon rupture surgery. I'm up to 20 miles a week and at 3 months post op. (along with 60 miles biking/week, 8000 meters swimming/week, damn feels good after two months of sitting on my ass in a cast/boot!)

Actually, he probably was right and even he is shocked at what I'm able to do already. Did my first single leg calf raise on it today in his office. He just sort of shook his head.

I told him high pain tolerance has always been my friend.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #49 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Lifer

He didnt lie...he gave you the best information that he has available to him. MOST Achilles ruptures take a long time to heal. And most people are not as obsessive as you are about physical therapy. Also, the amount of time that he tells you to take it easy postop is inversely proportional to his confidence in his surgical skills.
post #50 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
He didnt lie...he gave you the best information that he has available to him. MOST Achilles ruptures take a long time to heal. And most people are not as obsessive as you are about physical therapy. Also, the amount of time that he tells you to take it easy postop is inversely proportional to his confidence in his surgical skills.
I know, I know, I was be sarcastic.

I know the doc pretty well (friend before surgery) and he was all about "settling me down" because he knew as soon as I got the cast off I was going to test it.

I was really aggressive with physical therapy and had a great PT and assistant.

About the only thing the doc talked me into was taking off my clipless pedals and riding flat pedals for a month before locking my foot back into the pedal. I managed that for almost a month before I changed the pedals back out again.

I'm also lucky in that I work at home so I get to "PT" most of the day and ice at will. Lots of glycine, lysine, 3MG of Vitamin C a day, glucosamine... and I'm good to go.

Lots of cryotherapy, electric simulation, ultrasound, stationary cycle, deep water running with my AQx shoes, isometrics, isotonics, theraband, toe raises, versa climber... I probably cut a few months off the rehab. Still won't cut on it or play raquetball but that's coming.

Now I'm worried about my left achilles tendon.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement