need a trainer...ne one know someone... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy need a trainer...ne one know someone...

im am recently single... and my self esteem is in the dirt.. im outta shape and dont know where to start. i need someone who can help motivate me and get me on a good workout regimen and diet... this would be a trmendous boost on my selfesteem.. thanx to ne one who can help or send someone my way .... thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 08:07 PM
WTF is Zed?

Before getting a trainer I would start on your own to make sure you'll be committed.

Do cardio 4-5 days a week for a minimum 30 minutes at a time. Make small changes in your diet, cut out sodas, sugars, fried foods. Then after a couple months if you stick with it shell out the money for a trainer.

Good luck.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

What are you wanting to change on you besides everything about your body? What is your workout history? `No trainer here, but Ive been lifting for 10 yrs consecutively....

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

well i have nt worked out in about 8 years... since i was like 21.. so i need to loose some body fat especially around my abs.. and bulk up on my chest and arms... i just wanna be in shape, feel good. thanx
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Ask for a few sessions with a trainer in your gym. The basics, anyone can teach you.

Once you start learning, start investigating things on your own. You will know your body and your motivations better than anyone.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Ask for a few sessions with a trainer in your gym. The basics, anyone can teach you.
Most gyms will off a few free training sessions when you first sign up. This would be a cheap option.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

still looking for help...

i am still looking for a trainer... i have a gym in my apartments.. if there is ne one who can help maybe once a week.. i can afford maybe 40 dollars a week... if so let me know
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

$40 a week will get you maybe an hour with a personal trainer.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duecestang
well i have nt worked out in about 8 years... since i was like 21.. so i need to loose some body fat especially around my abs.. and bulk up on my chest and arms... i just wanna be in shape, feel good. thanx
The apartment gym prob caters more to women than men. With that $160 you have extra a month I would get a gym membership at Golds, Ballys, 24 Hour, etc. Most of what I learned over the years is from watching the bigger guys in the gym and then asking them a couple questions about the excerise they just did. Too many questions and you piss them off. With a new membership, you should get 1-3 free training sessions with a trainer. Take in the most info you can with them and then apply it.
To get rid of the fat, defintely watch your diet. Eat more tuna, chicken breast, no sodas, more water and less beer. Your carb intake should be stuff like oatmeal, white and brown rice, and whole grain breads. Eating healthy is way more expensive than eating unhealthy, in my experiences anyways. Also do 30 min cardio 3-4 times a week. A dry sauna is also good.
To build up your chest do 3 sets of flat dumbell press followed by 3 sets of incline barbell press and then 3 sets of flys with dumbells or a pec-deck. Pyramid down wih the first set being 10 reps, raise the weight and do 8 reps on the second set, then raise the weight and 6 reps on the last set. For the guns, do three to four different excercises such as, preacher curl, standing dumbell or sitting dumbell curls, concentration curls, barbell curls, or some type of cable curl with a straight bar. For your back do the cable front pull down, cable rows and pull ups on a pull up weight assisted machine.
Good Luck, dont give up, and let us know the results.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Genetically Blessed

Fyi, I lost 50lbs five years ago by buying a used stairstepper for like $40 and doing it 6 days a week for 30 minutes. I started eating right, either chicken breasts, turkey sandwiches, or the diet frozen meals. Dropped 50lbs in about 4-5 months then added basic weights into the mix. Now, I can't imagine not working out regularly. Hell we go on vacations, even our honeymoon, and I'm in the workout center everyday for a few minutes. It's a lifestlye change, but once you make it, you're there.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Lyn
Lifer

Not sure where you live, but at my gym Stroud's Fitness in Hurst, The trainers are $25 an hour. Probably the cheapest around.

Lyn
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

thanx.. i have no idea what all those diferent types of exercises are.. i ll look them up .. thanks for the input... hurst.. i live in carrollton..thats far.. but thanx...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

With a problem like that I'd just find a friend that is a bad ass in the gym and work out with them. Sometimes if you know someone that knows their stuff, and they're a good friend it is easier for you to get motivated and excited about working out and stuff. I mean a personal trainer isnt gonna come to your house and be like common lets go...

"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?""
Sponsored Links
Advertisement