opinions on a good routine. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

opinions on a good routine.

ok i just got my membership and i am starting to work out again but i want to get into a good routine and have my own work out that i do. i worked out alot when playing foot ball but havent in a while. i dont want to be cut or anything like that just want to turn what body weight i do have into muscle. basically just harden up. any suggestions on a good work out routine and how often? and maybe a few supplements to take. something i can buy at GNC, any help you guys can give me is good. thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

damn 26 people looked at this and not one mother fucker has anything?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Lifer

I generally try to go to the gym and move as much weight as I can, personally. I kinda just wander around looking for open machines, and I hum inbetween sets, keeps the metabolism up. Then I run for a while.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 11:53 AM
WTF is Zed?

I would work out 4 days a week and split your workouts like this:

Legs
Back/Biceps
Shoulders/Traps
Chest/Triceps

For tips on exercises and form I highly recommend this book. http://www.amazon.com/New-Encycloped...e=UTF8&s=books

Of course it's always good to get some cardio in there as well.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 03:02 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRSS
I would work out 4 days a week and split your workouts like this:

Legs
Back/Biceps
Shoulders/Traps
Chest/Triceps

For tips on exercises and form I highly recommend this book. http://www.amazon.com/New-Encycloped...e=UTF8&s=books

Of course it's always good to get some cardio in there as well.

x2

Throw in some creatine, some protien shakes, and a multivitamin and you'll be set for a while. Bodybuilding.com also has some good info....
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbehaviors
You asked a very general question, what did you expect?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 10:39 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
You asked a very general question, what did you expect?
x2

What are you looking to do? Getting "in shape" or looking to build a "buff" body is a little different than wanting to run a marathon or bike a century.

I got a gym membership and I weight train 3x a week. 3 sets of 12-15 reps each of the basics (bench, squats, presses, rows, deadlifts, curls, extensions, etc.) But my main focus at the gym is the 50 meter pool where I do 2000-4000 meters in the pool most days. I don't want mass, I'm looking for muscular endurance, balance and core strength with minimal size. My goals are for ironman distance triathlons and marathon and above distance running.

I'm sure Raven's workout is a tad different.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

i was looking for a general answer as given by 4DRSS, and by the way thank you. it also says in the very first post what i was wanting to do so it really wasnt a very general answer, maybe if you read it then you would know. but thank you to those who did contribute
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:

People on here do not like people from Garland.

For supplements, rat poison will work well for you.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

well i dont like you and your still here, dude please help the world out and kill yourself
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Baller

Don't be such a little bitch about things.

Your question was very general...to anyone that knows shit about working out. Elaborate on How many days you're able to work out, Your current body type, BF% Goals, diet issues, exquiment accesibility, etc.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Time Served

Quote:
well i dont like you and your still here, dude please help the world out and kill yourself
obviously no one really likes you or your remarks b/c u havent gotten much feedback ehh?
lol u wanna be a little bitch? i'll give you a bitch answer. go on fricken google and look up workouts and suplements for dumb ass noobs like yourself and figure it out! dont come on here actin like a dick sayin "i wanna lose fat and gain muscle" and expect someone to write a 21 page report. no u DID NOT give us enough information maybe u should pull your head outa ur ass and listen to people that know what they are talking about. you cant expect to be spoon fed information with a shitty attitude like that... i hope no one responds any more to this prick! good luck on your work outs
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 09:19 AM
wishin i had a fast car

Quote:

hey i believe he is he only doctor on the board. so please dont tell him to kill himself, where else would everyone get there medical treatment from?
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee earley
hey i believe he is he only doctor on the board. so please dont tell him to kill himself, where else would everyone get there medical treatment from?

I think he was referring to Erin (Raven) with that post....but I could be wrong.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

alright needlesharp and ruff daddy, you can both go fuck yourselves. i am sorry that i am not some stupid ass meat head and dont know everything that there is to know about working out. you are the only ass holes that came on here being a punks. 4DRSS said what he thought and it sounds pretty good. and no i wasnt talking about raven i was talking about you davbrucas. and you know what i hope that a few of you never post in here again either. i was just looking for help not your ignorance. thanks to the very few that did help
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

and for those who are actually going to help, i am 6' 1", about 230, not fat, but what i need to do is get back into shape and just decrease my body fat. i dont know everything that there is about working out so if there are more questions i would be happy to answer just state what you wanna know. as far as the shit talking goes, keep it out of my thread please. i am just looking to get help
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well since this was directed at me then I feel obligated to respond.
Wickedbehaviors,
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Clen/T3, proper diet, and aerobic training will have you at 200lbs within 2mos. Be obsessive about your diet for those two months and you will see the results that you want. Limit yourself to 2000kcals per day. Stop drinking sodas...only water. It will come off.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

see that is really all i wanted man, just needed some advice on some stuff i could do, preciate it
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

and what is clen/t3
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
and what is clen/t3

Clenbuterol is a prescription asthma medication, one of it's sides being an increased metabolism. T3 (Cytomel) affects the thyroid, also increasing your metabolism and fat reduction.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

and how do you get these products
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Lifer

http://www.ag-guys.com/home.html

Look on the left side of the page at liquiclen and T3...

Q. What is Clen?

A. Clenbuterol is a prescription drug. It is a bronchodilator which means it is given to patients to improve bronchial airflow (helps people breathe easier). It is commonly prescribed to asthmatics and for many other illnesses which cause breathing difficulty. Clen is often self administered as an "off label" fat loss drug. Many have used this compound to shed pounds very effectively.

Q I have a liquid/tablet/spray is this ok?

A. Clen is available in a variety of guises. The most common being tablets typically in the 20mcg format. I have also seen them dosed at 25mcg and 40mcg. There is a syrup solution which was once popular on prescription but this is not often seen now. A growing market is the "research chem" market. These are chemicals marketed towards lab experimentation (therefore bypassing strict laws about selling prescription meds) but are actually meant for consumption by the customer. The Clen from these companies is usually sold in a vial or spray bottle and the compound is suspended in solvent. The solution is dropped into the mouth with an oral or normal syringe or some are supplied with a spray which gives a measured dose orally. Much like UGLs the quality of these research chem products varies widely. Some are under or over dosed while others contain no active ingredients at all. The best advice is to find a recommended source that people you trust have used successfully. I would recommend using ARR as I feel Lion offers quality products and service. The reason people buy from research chem companies is that the compounds would be hard to obtain otherwise and the chem companies are usually much cheaper than human grade. Make sure you take note of the dosage on the product you are buying. Last but not least there are a couple of injectable versions. There are prescription injectables that to be honest are pretty rare now days. One injectable version is gaining quite a following though. Helios is a mix of Clen and Yohimbine and is designed to be used for spot fat loss (the area injected will have fat loss). Users of this product have been very happy with it. I do not know the dosage schedules for injectable products so do some good research if you are going to use them.

Q. Will It Harm Me?

A. Clen has been shown in some studies to cause heart problems. These studies were conducted on animals and they were given very large doses. It may also be possible to do yourself some permanent and possibly serious harm if you took a large overdose. With Clen more does not = better! I have never met or spoken to anyone who has been harmed as a direct result of using Clen. This does not mean it won't happen though. Like all drugs caution should be used and one should be very aware that there could be possible side effects.

Q. What Are The Side Effects and how do I cope with them?

A. Clens side effects include - high blood pressure, shaking, headaches, cramps, insomnia and increased heart rate/palpitations. While using Clen I would advise you monitor your blood pressure. The machines for this can be bought extremely cheaply at a chemist and are invaluable if you use Clen and/or AS. If your BP is high then lower the dose or discontinue until normal BP is attained. Shaking is a common side effect. While on Clen I get shaky hands when I am writing or performing intricate tasks. If you find you are shaking too much/all the time then you may try lowering the dose and then bringing it back up slowly over a few days. Headaches are fairly common. Be careful they are not a result of high BP. If they are not then taking an OTC painkiller will cure your problem. Cramps while on Clen are associated with Taurine. Taurine is an amino acid that is present in the body. Clen affects the bodyís level of Taurine and this can sometimes cause cramps. Supplementing Taurine (I take 2g pre workout and 2g PWO) should cure this. If you still have cramps try supplementing with potassium and examine your salt intake (make sure itís not too high) these are not Clen related but could help with the cramps! Insomnia is common if Clen is taken to near to bed time, basically make sure your last dose is taken 5-6 hours before bed. Saying that Clen has a long half-life (over 30 hours) so sometimes you may try lowering the dose if it is really affecting sleep. Another remedy may be to take some Valerian root before bed to help you sleep. If you have palpitation then lower dose or discontinue. You may want to check with a doctor as heart problems are no joke and should not be ignored. I think I have covered the most common side effects but there are probably many others that relate to the individual. If you believe you have serious or worrying sides, go see the doc.

Q. OK I Want To Take It But How?

A. Well there are several popular dosing protocols with Clen. It boils down to maybe trying them and finding out which one works/feels comfortable for you. Clen differs in dosage and effects from each individual. Some people claim that they are completely immune to the effects of Clen and it does not help them at all, although I have never seen any scientific reasoning behind it. However enough people have said it for there to be some truth in it. The most important thing to remember when using Clen is that the body quickly becomes tolerant to it. Clen down regulates receptors in the body and eventually (usually in the second or third week) results have slowed to a stop. For this reason Clen has a variety of dosage protocols designed to prevent this down regulation. Firstly we need to start at a low dose and slowly build up to a dose that is effective but not uncomfortable. I would recommend starting at 60mcg. Stay at that dosage for three days then up the dose by 20mcg. Repeat this process until you reach a dosage where you can really feel the Clen working (slight shakes, slightly faster HR). You may want to take your body temp daily while doing this. An effective dose will raise the body temp by about 1/2 a degree. You can also monitor when it becomes ineffective as temp will drop back to normal. My Clen dosage looks some thing like this when I'm starting.

Day 1 60mcg
Day 2 60mcg
Day 3 60mcg
Day 4 80mcg
Day 5 80mcg
Day 6 80mcg
Day 7 100mcg
Day 8 100mcg
Day 9 100mcg
Day 10 120mcg
Day 11 120mcg
I normally stop at 120mcg as this dosage works for me with minimal sides.

I take all my Clen in the AM before cardio. Many don't lie to take it all at once and split the dosage throughout the day. I find that if I do this the last dose affects my sleep and I quite like feeling a bit "wired" in the morning! Some people will stop using Clen at day 14. They will then take 14 days off to allow the beta receptors to up regulate. They can then recommence and the Clen will be effective again for a further 14 days. More recently it has become fashionable to use an antihistamine compound to up regulate the beta receptors while remaining on Clen. This is my preferred method. There are two ways I know of doing this.

1. use zaditen/ketoifen taken at 2-3mg per day along with the Clen. Users report staying on for 12 weeks plus and the Clen is still effective. The downside is that many people get very drowsy using these compounds and are unable to train properly.

2. Take 50mg of Benadryl or another antihistamine containing 50mg of diphenhydrmine (sleep ease from boots chemist if you are in UK!) every night during every third week while you are on Clen. So I would dose my Clen as usual and at day 21 I would add the Benadryl every night for 7 nights. Discontinue the Benadryl until day 42 and repeat. I favour this method as it helps me sleep and does not affect my performance in the day. I believe we can thank Anthony Roberts for this method.

There is another method that I have seen many people using. It is common to use the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off method but use ECA (ephedrine,caffiene,aspirin) during the off weeks. This method is totally pointless and counter productive. The whole point of taking two weeks off is to allow beta receptors to up regulate making Clen effective again. ECA down regulates these receptors (plus hitting a load of others) just like Clen. Therefore the receptors never up regulate and Clen + ECA becomes ineffective.

Q. How do I come off?

A. I normally lower the dose slowly day by day until I am off as I donít like to suddenly shocking the body, however there is no evidence to say it is detrimental to come straight off it is just my personal choice.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas
[2. Take 50mg of Benadryl or another antihistamine containing 50mg of diphenhydrmine (sleep ease from boots chemist if you are in UK!) every night during every third week while you are on Clen. So I would dose my Clen as usual and at day 21 I would add the Benadryl every night for 7 nights. Discontinue the Benadryl until day 42 and repeat. I favour this method as it helps me sleep and does not affect my performance in the day. I believe we can thank Anthony Roberts for this method.
Wouldn't that be day 15 through day to be the 3rd week?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Lifer

doesnt really matter...basically, after 3wks, start the benadryl for a wk. Then off for another 3wks...etc...it isnt rocket science and you can alter this based on your experience. Get some taurine for the cramps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement