The Warrior Diet - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

The Warrior Diet

I've been doing some research on this and it sounds plausible, especially in terms of fat loss, but my only concern is the absence of complex carbs during the day (undereating phase) because you'd think that you'd be tired without them. It suggests eating fruits and veggies during the day and then over eat with your protein and complex type carbs at night. I tried a similar Atkins type diet that I concocted myself when I was 18 and did notice fat loss. All I did was eliminate the complex carbs in my diet (that took discipline as I love some complex carbs and I didn't even know about the Atkins diet at that time) and maintain a good balance of fruits, veggies, and protein. The only thing is, most of the time around 2-4pm, I felt tired and that hindered my workout performance since that was the time I worked out in High School and I noticed a loss in strength. Anyways, has anybody else tried this Warrior Diet?

How To Follow The Warrior Diet
The Warrior Diet Eating Cycle
The Warrior Diet is based on a daily eating cycle that incorporates two phases: undereating during the day, and overeating at night.

During the undereating phase, one should minimize food consumption to mostly raw fruit and vegetables, soups, and small amounts of light protein foods. The undereating phase lasts throughout the day (working) hours. It naturally stimulates the SNS (sympathetic) nervous system, which promotes alertness, competitiveness and energy expenditure. During this time, the body shifts into a negative energy balance and thus is forced to break down stored fat for energy.

The overeating phase lasts during the nightly hours. This is the time to have the main meal, when one can eat as much as one desires from all food groups, as long as the rules of eating are followed (see below). Individuals are encouraged to cycle between different fuels (i.e. high fat, high carbs and high protein) to find out which fuel works best for them. Note that active individuals may require special fuels according to the nature and level of their physical activity. The overeating phase triggers the PSNS (para-sympathetic) nervous system, which promotes relaxation and recuperation. During this phase, the body shifts into a positive energy balance, while establishing an overall anabolic state. This is the time when the body recuperates, builds tissues and replenishes energy reserves.

Cycling between negative and positive energy balance triggers genes known as “thrifty genes” that improve human survival. Human survival is measured by the capacity to improve energy utilization, performance and health. The Warrior Diet turns on biological switches that improve human survival on a day-by-day basis.

The Rules of Eating
Start with subtle tasting foods and move to more aggressive foods i.e. salad, vegetables and proteins first, then finish with carbs.
Introduce all tastes, textures, aromas and colors possible in your main meal.
Stop eating when you feel much more thirsty than hungry.
We encourage you to exercise (you should consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program). Incredible benefits can be derived from exercising. It’s a good idea to incorporate both cardio and resistance training into a workout routine.

The Warrior Diet Ten Commandments
Undereat during the day
Eat your main meal at night
Provide your body with all essential nutrients (i.e. vitamins, minerals, EFA’s, Amino Acids, Probiotics)
Introduce all tastes, aromas, textures and colors possible in your meals
Detox by minimizing animal food intake for a few days
Rotate between days of high protein, high fat and high carbs
Avoid foods containing hormones, pesticides, chemical additives, sugar alcohols, artificial sweeteners and fructose
Do not eat carb foods alone
Avoid wrong food combinations such as:
Grain and sugar
Starch, fat and sugar
Nuts and grain
Carbs and alcohol
Exercise regularly during the undereating phase
The Warrior Diet incorporates special eating cycles that turn on dormant genes, known by scientists as “thrifty genes”, which improve food utilization for energy. It is the only diet today that methodically separates between AM foods and PM foods, and thus triggers a biological mechanism that forces the body to burn fat, build muscles and boost energy.

Note that the human body is better adapted to primal sources of food, that were available to the human body early on in the food chain evolution, such as fruits, greens, legumes, roots, nuts, seeds, fertile eggs, marine food and raw dairy rather than to later food sources, such as grains, farm animal meats, pasteurized milk products and chemically loaded processed foods.

http://www.warriordiet.com/about.html
http://www.warriordiet.com/faq.html#feedingcycleinfo
http://www.specialtactics.com/warriordiet.pdf
http://www.specialtactics.com/article2.shtml

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Time Served

i dont understand why you would eat MORE at night when u are doing less and are going to be active for a shorter period of time as opposed to:
eating a big ass breakfast, working out and burning most of it off, a decent lunch with high protien and low carbs and THEN eating fruit and vegies for the rest of the day?

im no expert but that just kinda sounds like common sense...

good luck! im going on a simple low fat high protien 1500 calorie diet starting january...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 12:07 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleSharp
i dont understand why you would eat MORE at night when u are doing less and are going to be active for a shorter period of time as opposed to:
eating a big ass breakfast, working out and burning most of it off, a decent lunch with high protien and low carbs and THEN eating fruit and vegies for the rest of the day?

im no expert but that just kinda sounds like common sense...

good luck! im going on a simple low fat high protien 1500 calorie diet starting january...
Why wait? Start it now...nothin will ever get done if you start it tomorrow. Suck it up and just do it don't set a time on it. If you really want to lose weight and get in shape it takes just making the decision and doing it.

I decided last monday I was sick of sticking to it for a couple of days and blah blah losin 2 lbs. Monday I ate better and ran...continued tues....wed...thurs

I have ran 6 of 7 days, drank more water and not had any cokes or sweets (minus a christmas candy yam last night with xmas dinner) and am down 5 lbs already.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Lifer

that diet makes no sense. IMO..

02-z28
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Why wait? Start it now...nothin will ever get done if you start it tomorrow. Suck it up and just do it don't set a time on it. If you really want to lose weight and get in shape it takes just making the decision and doing it.

I decided last monday I was sick of sticking to it for a couple of days and blah blah losin 2 lbs. Monday I ate better and ran...continued tues....wed...thurs

I have ran 6 of 7 days, drank more water and not had any cokes or sweets (minus a christmas candy yam last night with xmas dinner) and am down 5 lbs already.
yea i have been doing simple stuff like working out, not drinking cokes, hardly any candy or sweets but with the holidays and all it would be hard to have a serious diet... if i am on a diet man, i dont break it for any reason... so with christmas dinner and NYE out... it would be hard. its less than a week away. im gonna enjoy my last days b4 the diet.

And yes Ronin i was trying to say that but not so harsh... lol
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 12:35 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleSharp
yea i have been doing simple stuff like working out, not drinking cokes, hardly any candy or sweets but with the holidays and all it would be hard to have a serious diet... if i am on a diet man, i dont break it for any reason... so with christmas dinner and NYE out... it would be hard. its less than a week away. im gonna enjoy my last days b4 the diet.

And yes Ronin i was trying to say that but not so harsh... lol
It's not really that hard if you have discipline. You can enjoy your xmas dinner and have your NYE out just be smart about it instead of setting yourself back an extra week or two by what you eat and drink.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 02:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate

Hmmm. I think a smart motherfucker said something similar to you.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Lifer

That diet sucks IMO too.
I cut back to 1500-1700 a day for two weeks now.
run about 3 times a week /bike or so , for about 40 minutes
already lost 5 pounds . I'll be in shape in no time.
Where I fucked up before is that I thought lifting weights alone would be enough to lose some weight.
NOT SO.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant
That diet sucks IMO too.
I cut back to 1500-1700 a day for two weeks now.
run about 3 times a week /bike or so , for about 40 minutes
already lost 5 pounds . I'll be in shape in no time.
Where I fucked up before is that I thought lifting weights alone would be enough to lose some weight.
NOT SO.
aint that the truth lol

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:10 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Hmmm. I think a smart motherfucker said something similar to you.
Appreciate it man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement