Good article about cardio - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Good article about cardio

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart.../gf_guide1.htm

This tells you the different zones you get in according to your heartrate.
http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart.../gf_guide2.htm

Fitness Zone
The next zone is the Fitness Zone, which is 60-70% of your max HR. Once again, 85% of your calories burned in this zone are fats, 5% are proteins and 10% are carbohydrates. Studies have shown that in this zone you can condition your fat mobilization (getting fat out of your cells) while conditioning your fat transportation (getting fat to muscles). Thus, in this zone, you are training your fat cells to increase the rate of fat release and training your muscles to burn fat. Therefore, the benefits of this zone are not only the same as the healthy heart zone training at 50-60% but you are now slightly increasing the total number of calories burned and provide a little more cardiorespiratory benefits. You burn more total calories at this zone simply because it is more intense.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Worship me

You have to be careful with that because the heart rate calculation is just guess work. For example, my max rate is 220-35=185. My 60% rate would be 111 bpm.

I could go to sleep at 111 bpm, that's a joke. You kind of have to use that as a starting point and go from there.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

keep in mind.. cardio != burning fat. if you are 60-70% heart rate.. even if it isnt a cardio strain, you are still burning fat. ever watched a pro body builder doing cardio? most of them barely break a sweat..its all slwo lumbering movements on the stepper or treadmill to burn fat. none of the pros Run for fat loss.

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Worship me

Pro Bodybuilders are one thing, the average person is another. The average fuckwad shouldn't be concerned about "losing some muscle". Run your ass off and you'll lose just as much fat because you won't get sick of jogging on the treadmill for 45 minutes to go 3 miles. There is a lot to be said for stopping just because of plain old boredom.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 11:20 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Pro Bodybuilders are one thing, the average person is another. The average fuckwad shouldn't be concerned about "losing some muscle". Run your ass off and you'll lose just as much fat because you won't get sick of jogging on the treadmill for 45 minutes to go 3 miles. There is a lot to be said for stopping just because of plain old boredom.
I go over 3 miles in 50 mins but it is a fast walk, should I be jogging instead? I am big guy so I just walk at 3.5 at an incline of 5 or lower. and sometimes I will do incliine of 15 and walk at 2.2 to 2.5 depending on how I feel that day.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
I go over 3 miles in 50 mins but it is a fast walk, should I be jogging instead?
Next time you go on your walk, check your heart beat, count how many beats you have in 6 seconds then multiply it by 10.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Time Served

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:40 PM

Good Article..
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 03:41 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Next time you go on your walk, check your heart beat, count how many beats you have in 6 seconds then multiply it by 10.
i will have to do that, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement