I finally changed my diet. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

I finally changed my diet.

Its been a few weeks and eating 5 times a day but losing weight is awesome.

Breakfast: Wheaties with 2% milk ( weekends omega3 eggs )
Snack: Banana, red grapes water x2
Lunch: Tuna Fish sandwhich on wheat, pickle, carrots, grapes, waterx1
Snack: Baby Carrots waterx2
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Grilled Shrimp, Salmon, carrots, onions, more water ;p

I'm about to go get some more groceries, anyone have recommendations so I can broaden the foods I eat? I'd like to get some juices, but I was told not to unless its 100% juice only. Water is good, but I'd like a little more flavor with my dinner.

Also I need to eat more veggies, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I can make them, thanks in advance on any cooking tips.

Main reason for changing was because I went to the doctor, he told me I had a fatty liver which is bad, here is my blood numbers, I bolded the two bad results:

101 Fasted Glucose
80 AST ( normal is less than 40 )
178 ALT ( normal is less than 60 )
2.0 TSH
162 Cholesterol
40 HDL
94 LDL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Baller

Go with 1% milk. There's really not much of a difference. Then after a while try skim. Personally I love skim milk. I didnt like it initially...but after trying soy milk, and getting used to 1%; it has grown on me. I cant stand whole milk now however.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
Go with 1% milk. There's really not much of a difference. Then after a while try skim. Personally I love skim milk. I didnt like it initially...but after trying soy milk, and getting used to 1%; it has grown on me. I cant stand whole milk now however.
2% to 1% or even skim isnt going to make that much of a difference. Especially since its only for breakfast with cereal.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Packin' up...

Try out diet 7up... 0 calories, 0 carbs
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Time Served

Instead of the typical sugar-heavy orange and apple juices, get yourself some
V-8 100% vegetable juice. It's filling, low in sugar and carbs, and accounts for 2 full servings worth of veggies in a 12 ounce serving.

Plus, you can pretend you're sluggin' down a Bloody Mary, just without the vodka.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark
Try out diet 7up... 0 calories, 0 carbs
To much cornsyrup!

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Oooooooh-whee

If you need to eat more vegetables, invest in a steamer. Throw in some fresh or frozen vegetables and season to your taste. They are fairly inexpensive and will keep you from eating all the crap they put in the canned vegetables.

8/16/05
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 12:55 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
If you need to eat more vegetables, invest in a steamer. Throw in some fresh or frozen vegetables and season to your taste. They are fairly inexpensive and will keep you from eating all the crap they put in the canned vegetables.
What exactly is crap in canned vegetables? Aren't they canned in water?

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 01:38 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Its been a few weeks and eating 5 times a day but losing weight is awesome.

Breakfast: Wheaties with 2% milk ( weekends omega3 eggs )
Snack: Banana, red grapes water x2
Lunch: Tuna Fish sandwhich on wheat, pickle, carrots, grapes, waterx1
Snack: Baby Carrots waterx2
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Grilled Shrimp, Salmon, carrots, onions, more water ;p

I'm about to go get some more groceries, anyone have recommendations so I can broaden the foods I eat? I'd like to get some juices, but I was told not to unless its 100% juice only. Water is good, but I'd like a little more flavor with my dinner.

Also I need to eat more veggies, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I can make them, thanks in advance on any cooking tips.

Main reason for changing was because I went to the doctor, he told me I had a fatty liver which is bad, here is my blood numbers, I bolded the two bad results:

101 Fasted Glucose
80 AST ( normal is less than 40 )
178 ALT ( normal is less than 60 )
2.0 TSH
162 Cholesterol
40 HDL
94 LDL
not a bad little routine there. you should be seeing some good results.

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Oooooooh-whee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
What exactly is crap in canned vegetables?
I don't care for all of the sodium in them. I just prefer the taste of steamed fresh, or frozen even, over the canned veggies.

8/16/05
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Lifer

Are you also exercising or no?

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
Are you also exercising or no?
Yeah, t-nation is my new goto site, as well as exrx.net. Switching to free weights from resistance training. I was not going anywhere, and I place the blame on my diet of crap foods, followed by huge gaps between meals. I'm going to check out a steamer for some frozen veggies, thats a great idea. I've already lost 4 pounds, and I'm starting to feel so much better with this junk passing out of my system.

3 sets of 10 - 12 reps

Monday:
Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Flyes
Lying Tricep Extension

Tuesday:
Pullups
Dumbbell rows
Standing curls

Thursday:
Squats
Lunges
Lying hamstring curls

Friday:
Dumbbell Overhead Press
Dumbbell Shrugs
Standing Calf Raises
Sitting Calf Raises

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Lifer

I do the skim milk thing as well, plus it is an excellent source for protien, especially if you drink as much as I do (1 gal every 2 or 3 days).

I also really prefer steamed veggies. They taste much better than any of the canned stuff.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah, t-nation is my new goto site, as well as exrx.net. Switching to free weights from resistance training. I was not going anywhere, and I place the blame on my diet of crap foods, followed by huge gaps between meals. I'm going to check out a steamer for some frozen veggies, thats a great idea. I've already lost 4 pounds, and I'm starting to feel so much better with this junk passing out of my system.

3 sets of 10 - 12 reps

Monday:
Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Flyes
Lying Tricep Extension

Tuesday:
Pullups
Dumbbell rows
Standing curls

Thursday:
Squats
Lunges
Lying hamstring curls

Friday:
Dumbbell Overhead Press
Dumbbell Shrugs
Standing Calf Raises
Sitting Calf Raises

That's not really much of a routine.... or maybe I'm just used to doing way more. You're only doing like 1-2 exercises per body part?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSprayIt
That's not really much of a routine.... or maybe I'm just used to doing way more. You're only doing like 1-2 exercises per body part?
I was told this was better because its not a full body workout, so your target muscles on each day have a longer time to recoup after each session. This routine was set for 4 - 6 weeks as a primer as I've never lifted weights before.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 AM
tex
Lifer

As a primer that's fine. Don't let all the egos about how much people lift interfere with your learning curve.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I was told this was better because its not a full body workout, so your target muscles on each day have a longer time to recoup after each session. This routine was set for 4 - 6 weeks as a primer as I've never lifted weights before.
It is a decent starter, but you could probably still focus on the same muscle group each day, but do more exercises for that muscle. For example chest day would be flat bench, incline, decline and flies. That way you are fully exhausting the muscle and then giving it the necessary number of rest days to recoup.

Try adding incline and/or decline to Monday. Add a Lat pulldown and/or reverse situps to Tuesday and maybe another curl exercise. Leg day looks pretty good, but you might add Friday's calf exercises so that you can turn Friday into a true Shoulder day. Of course I would also switch Leg and Shoulder day if you did that.

Remember too that what works for one may not work for another. Everyone's body reacts differently. You just have to learn what works for you.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I don't do full body workouts but I do 4-5 exercises with each muscle group I work out that day. I end up doing about 10 different exercises like 3-5 times each depending on what i'm donig.

You don't want to over do it, but at the same time you're just wasting time if you're not getting anything done.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
2% to 1% or even skim isnt going to make that much of a difference. Especially since its only for breakfast with cereal.
Ehh...didnt think about the fact that He only consumed milk with his cereal. I usually drink at least four - 8oz servings of milk a day. And going from 2% to skim saves me 20 grams of fat minimum (not sure on calories...haven't looked into it recently). Thats quite a difference to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement