Lost 90#'s - Need a Workout/Diet Plan - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Lost 90#'s - Need a Workout/Diet Plan

Well I have lost 90 pounds since Jan by eating right and mostly cardio while throwing in some weights here and there. There have been times throughout the year, like now, where Iíve taken off for weeks and not worked out nor ate right.

Well Iím about to hit it again and I would like to meet my goal of 100-105 pounds lost by the end of the year. This should be easily doable as long as I stick to it and not get too carried away with all the Holiday parties coming up.

I have a large chest right now and would like to concentrate on making it smaller or defined. There more man boobs then muscle right now and I would like to get rid of them. The next thing is my stomach, even though I have allot of skin there I would still like to loose weight and gain muscle there. The least thing Iím worried about right now is my arms and legs. I still want to work my arms out but Iím not looking to gain muscle real quick until after I have worked out my chest. I would like to gain as much muscle in these areas while maintaining or loosing weight.

For working out I have a set or dumbbells 5-40 #ís, an Olympic size weight bench with all the proper weights and bars, Stationary bike and a workout station with a bunch of miscellanies workouts.

I would like for someone to help me with a workout plan to achieve my described goals above, along with a diet plan if needed, unless I just keep to eating right.

Right now I weigh in at 193-197 and started my diet at 285-289 at the beginning of Jan. Iíve dropped from a 44Ē waist to a 36Ē and from filling a XXL shirt to a M or L.

Any help I would greatly appreciate.

By the way I have done all this with no diet plan nor additives/pills. But if I must take supplements to help me out I will greatly consider them.

93 Mustang: Stock w/Vortech S-Trim
I drive a car that looks fast but seems to be slow...
But traction would help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Lifer

Thumbs up

Congrats!! Keep it up!!!!

Subscribing

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 04:46 PM
My Boy!

grab a sheet of paper and a pen and take it everywhere you go. Every time you put something in your mouth write down what it was and how much of it you ate. Include everything! Little snacks that seem too small to count especially!

look all that over and see if there are any places you could substitute anything more healthy for something that you may have eaten that was less healthy. You might even want to post up all of it on here for help.

We will need to know what exactly you're routine is at this point, or what it was when you quit last time.

You are not going to be able to target fat loss in any certain areas of your body. You just can not control where it comes off at. What happens is that your body deceides where you loose the fat next. All you can do is continue to use up more calories each day than you take in.

I would have suggested that you do some muscle building movements, but that would actually add weight and you want to loose to a certain number first, so never mind that for now.

I'd say to get your body back to the level of workign out that you were doing up until you stopped working out last, then step up the cardio. If your sessions are too long now, then add an additional cardio day. If you fill up the week already then possibly attempt to do maybe a morning and an evening cardio on some days.

You have actually been doing very good if you have lost 90 # in 11 months - that is right at 2 lbs a week which is perfect!

another tip if you don't already do this, is to eat about 5 - 6 times a day. that does not mean to eat more!!!! It means to figure your daily calories and divide that by 5 or 6 and then eat 5 -6 smaller meals a day. You will be les hungry diuring the day and your body will see a steady supply of food coming in regularly and it will be more inclined to let go of fat stores because it will be convinced that it will get another meal in just a couple of hours.

OK, enough of this book.

Good luck! you are doing great! keep it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement