Need help putting diet together - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Need help putting diet together

Ok so ive lost like 80lbs since Febuary of this year. Ive done it by not drinking beer, coke, fried foods or junk food. I lost alot of weight but i dont feel healthy at all. I dont want n e thing crazy or ridicoulus just something to get the right stuff that i need. I didnt work out to lose the weight either so i do plan on doing atleast 30 to 45 minutes of cardio (running walking) every other day. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 08:06 PM
CJD
Time Served

Things rich in protein to,IE:Fish,brown rice,eggs,steak,chicken(skinless),pasta,etc. You DO need atleast some carbs. A multi-vitamin also. Ginseng (the plant) is good for energy. Atleast 8 glasses of water a day;More if you plan to do alot of cardio(doing cardio makes you lose water). Sugarless Fruit Drinks are good. There are plenty of types of tea to drink that are healthy.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD
Things rich in protein to,IE:Fish,brown rice,eggs,steak,chicken(skinless),pasta,etc. You DO need atleast some carbs. A multi-vitamin also. Ginseng (the plant) is good for energy. Atleast 8 glasses of water a day;More if you plan to do alot of cardio(doing cardio makes you lose water). Sugarless Fruit Drinks are good. There are plenty of types of tea to drink that are healthy.

All i drink is water and an occasional Gatorade(has alot of sugar) My meaks consist of chicken cambell soups and grilled chicken slads from MCDS.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milks93coupe
All i drink is water and an occasional Gatorade(has alot of sugar) My meaks consist of chicken cambell soups and grilled chicken slads from MCDS.
McDonald's salads are fucking disgusting. Go look at the health chart on one of those things.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:18 AM
We lost one.....

I would really step up the protein intake and stay away from all fast food places. Its always tough in the beginning and when you come to a plateau. Preparing your meals in advance is a big help. Damn vegas trip and b-day parties the past few weeks have wrecked my routine, and there is still Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years to look forward too. I'm gonna have to buckle down for the next few weeks or I'll end up gaining back most of what I lost by New Year's.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Time Served

Gracie Diet
Best looking diet I've seen in a while, as far as what you can and can't eat. I started it not to long ago, and I've gone up in weight, but I'm slimmer and I feel much better, and I've only gone up like 10 pounds, but you can tell it's in my abdomen and biceps, but that's also due to all the work I've been doing on my house...

1992 SHO MTX
Under Construction...
White/Black/White

1992 SHO MTX
My first SHO, and always my favorite. Totaled at less than 9 MPH. Dynomax Bullets, chip'd, Tokicos, and a few other goodies. Official parts car.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 01:50 PM
CJD
Time Served

He's right. Typically Fast Food Salads aren't all that great.

Tuna fish is also good for you. Not to mention fish oil. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwhiches(the peanut butter is good for protein). Some Fiber too because it'll help you "go".

It's ok to eat junk food and have "fatty" meals aslong as you don't do it everyday for every meal,and you do cardio on a regular basis.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD
He's right. Typically Fast Food Salads aren't all that great.

Tuna fish is also good for you. Not to mention fish oil. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwhiches(the peanut butter is good for protein). Some Fiber too because it'll help you "go".

It's ok to eat junk food and have "fatty" meals aslong as you don't do it everyday for every meal,and you do cardio on a regular basis.

Fiber? Protien?

What about Subway? Ive also been doing the subway thing. 6 inch on wheat american cheese, chicken breast and sun chips with water.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Time Served

Here is basically what I eat every day:

Breakfast: (6am)

6- Scrambled Egg Whites
1- Cup Oatmeal
1- Cup Skim Milk

I substitute the oatmeal and milk every other day for 2- Go lean (brand name is go lean) Waffles with 1/4th cup of diet syrup.

2-3 Hours Later: (8am-9am)

Protein Shake

Lunch: (12pm)

1- 4-6oz serving of Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet
1 Cup of Brown Rice

I substitute the chicken out every other day for a 4-6oz serving of sirloin steak.

2-3 Hours Later: (2pm-3pm)

Protein Shake

Supper: (6pm)

1-4-6oz serving of Catfish fillet
1 Cup of Broccoli

I substitute the catfish out every other day for a grilled chicken breast.

Notes:

-First thing when I wake up I take a scoop of Cellmass with 6oz of water.

-I don't eat any large carbs (bread, rice, pasta, etc) for super because I don't like them still being in my system when I go to bed. I eat the carbs for breakfast and lunch which gets me through the day.

-I will not eat my steak for supper because of the amount of fat grams in it. I think eating it for lunch is plenty of time to get it through my system.

- A hour and a half before I work out I take a Protein Shake with double scoop. I then take a scoop and a half of NO Explode 30-45 minutes before working out.

-As soon as I finish my work out, I take another scoop of Cellmass and another
protein shake.

- I drink no less then 120 ounces of water a day. Yes, I am pissing all the time it seems like! I drink water all day excluding the cup of skim milk every other day for breakfast.

I also take a multi-Vitamin.

I hope this helps a little.

Last edited by dallas02GT; 11-20-2006 at 11:27 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas02GT

6- Scrambled Egg Whites
1- Cup Oatmeal
1- Cup Skim Milk

I substitute the oatmeal and milk every other day for 2- Go lean (brand name is go lean) Waffles with 1/4th cup of diet syrup.

Protein Shake

1 Cup of Brown Rice

I substitute the chicken out every other day for a 4-6oz serving of sirloin steak.

Protein Shake

1 Cup of Broccoli

Notes:

-I don't eat any large carbs (bread, rice, pasta, etc) for super because I don't like them still being in my system when I go to bed. I eat the carbs for breakfast and lunch which gets me through the day.

-I will not eat my steak for supper because of the amount of fat grams in it. I think eating it for lunch is plenty of time to get it through my system.

- A hour and a half before I work out I take a Protein Shake with double scoop. I then take a scoop and a half of NO Explode 30-45 minutes before working out.

protein shake.

- I drink no less then 120 ounces of water a day. Yes, I am pissing all the time it seems like! I drink water all day excluding the cup of skim milk every other day for breakfast.

what are your goals with that diet? what has that gotten you so far?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Time Served

I'm trying to lose body fat (about 35 pounds) and still gain muscle mass. I did the same diet without the supplemets for around 8 weeks and lost 43 pounds. I was doing cardio 6-7 days a week for those 8 weeks. Now I am doing weight training and cardio 6 days a week.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 01:29 AM

Looks like a tough diet to maintain. I don't think I could do that. However my diet consists of a lot more calories than that, so i have some room to move in it.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 PM
CJD
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by milks93coupe
Fiber? Protien?

What about Subway? Ive also been doing the subway thing. 6 inch on wheat american cheese, chicken breast and sun chips with water.
Yeah. Wheat has alot of fiber.

Yeah,protein is something we ALL need,and not just bodybuilders.

Subway is alot better than any other fast food you can get. I like to get the Philly Cheesesteak 6 inch Sub with lettuce,onions,tomatoes,and chipolte sauce...mmm..
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Rookie

Workout more and worry less about diet.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Time Served

I was doing a diet almost identical to Dallas. I lost 15lbs the first month. Now im at the end of my second month I have put some weitght on but still loosing inches off waist. I also seem to be bulking up im liking it. I no longer do the diet but I do watch what I eat.. Like Cammin4v said the diet was a pain in the ass for me but I noticed huge losses and big gains in energy.. Good luck MILKS..

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas02GT

6- Scrambled Egg Whites
1- Cup Oatmeal
1- Cup Skim Milk

Protein Shake

1 Cup of Brown Rice

Protein Shake

1 Cup of Broccoli

Notes:

protein shake.

you are supposed to take NO-Explode on an empty stomach or else the Nitric Oxide doesnt work... also protien messes it up as well... duno though, maybe 1 hour is enough for you to digest it
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Capown
I was doing a diet almost identical to Dallas. I lost 15lbs the first month. Now im at the end of my second month I have put some weitght on but still loosing inches off waist. I also seem to be bulking up im liking it. I no longer do the diet but I do watch what I eat.. Like Cammin4v said the diet was a pain in the ass for me but I noticed huge losses and big gains in energy.. Good luck MILKS..

thats what im looking for. I want to feel healthy, have a stronger immune system. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement