Calories a day - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Calories a day

How much calories does the typical human body burn a day just by acting normal?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Which one's the clutch?

i think it has alot to do with your metabolism, i doubt everyone burns the same amount even at doing the same activities.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Totally agree, was wondering about the average person, not someone like Aaron, or Tiny Tim, but more or less your average build 6' white guy ~200#

Are their any ways to determine this that one can do at home?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Hired Hand

When dieting I eat around 1700-2000 calories a day, and don't feel hungry. Being that every body and level of activity is differen't, I'd suggest starting with 2000 calories per day, and adjust from there, depending on level of hunger and intended body composition (less to diet/more to gain lean mass).

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 11:27 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
When dieting I eat around 1700-2000 calories a day, and don't feel hungry. Being that every body and level of activity is differen't, I'd suggest starting with 2000 calories per day, and adjust from there, depending on level of hunger and intended body composition (less to diet/more to gain lean mass).

Ive ben doing this and Im losing average 8 to 10 pounds a month. No exercise yet, just regular daily activities. I was 325 in Feb this year and know Im down to 270.

Are you trying to lose weight, Abex?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

this will take you a few minutes but I find it pretty damn accurate as an estimate: http://drsquat.com/articles/calorieneeds.html
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by milks93coupe
Are you trying to lose weight, Abex?
Yes, but the purpose of the question was to see if I could find a way to determine what my body burns daily in calories. I assume there is no real easy way to do this to determine the amount. I've been excercising, but I'm thinking I need more cardio because I'm just not getting any results. I'm obviously doing something wrong, it might be stress or some other factors that are keeping me from reaching my goals. At the moment, my diet is extremely hard to get straight, and has been for a while which is probably adding negatives on top of the stress.

Sweet, thanks Shorty.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
I've been excercising, but I'm thinking I need more cardio because I'm just not getting any results.
How much per meal and how often you eat is fairly important too. Eating often keeps your metabolism burning, instead of going in to "storage mode". Eat small meals 5-6 times a day. For cardio I'd recommend at least 20 minutes per session, at least 3-4 times per week. I say "at least" because more cardion will burn more calories, making for quicker progress.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Lifer

The only way I have successfully lost weight FAST is to go to about a 1500 cal diet a day, and exercise 3+ times a week for 30 min or so, not always cardio
I'm 5 6" and weigh 160-170 most of the time

I've done this a couple times, last summer i got down to 152 , and almost looked skinny, lol
now im back up to my max of 172 again. So time to start over.

Last time i tried working out more often and just eating what i want, didn't work at all. Barely lost any weight at all, and recoup didn't even seem any better. Not sure why, I get sore for long periods frequently over a week. This makes me not want to work out and get aggrevated, so I think I would be better if I just work out lighter and eat less.

Once you get in a habit of eating small meals and 1500-2000 calories a day it isn't that bad.
You have to eat the right foods though or you will feel like you starve all day.
Then again, starving is actually less painful than all the soreness of lifting heavy.
It's the mental side of starving and being persistant about eating good that is the hardest.

I think if I can stay in the gym for a year straight, id be in decent shape and not get sore for long periods of time.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement