questions on good suppliments - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

questions on good suppliments

i just took about three weeks off of lifting after being on for 2.5 months of straight. i pulled a back muscle moving two people in less than a week.

so this leads me to thinking. i have lost 12 lbs in that time and put on muscle...some. im one that tends to be slow to gain. for the last 3 or 4 weeks i was lifting i was using muscle milk. so i am now looking for some more protein and maybe some creatine. any good suggestions? i was looking at bsn NO-Xplode

should i just stack up on more protein (thou i know i should be taking in more then the 80-100 grams i get a day) and just take some straight creatine? and if so how much should you be getting a day? im only 5'11, 165 lbs, do i really need twice my weight in protein?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 01:05 AM
We lost one.....

I've did 1gm per pound of lean muscle mass. I would stay away from the NO-Xplode. Very overpriced. Why not change your weight lifting routine, that is free and you will get noticiable results faster.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Hired Hand

1-1.5 grams per pound of body weight is plenty at your level. Save your money on any supps other than proein powder, and spend it on veggies, whole grains, and lean meats. A solid diet will be far more beneficial at this point, than anything you can pick up in GNC. Take advantage of your "green" status.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Lifer

its all a waste of time just use gear

www.FRPsupplements.com
Nutritional Supplements for Military, Police, and Fire
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

i have enough veggies, meat, and whole grains.
i have switched up my lifting, im now lifting more heavy and less reps.
i dont use gnc, they are just expensive, there are much better places and way way way cheaper to get supps.

so im going to add pro complex, thats another 55g of protein.

so whats a good creatine to go with.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Lifer

I take pro-complex and pro-complex PM and MRI No2.
It's all you need...you get plenty of creatine from your red meats.
Trust me, it works!
See my post about GNC if you want the hookup.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

yeah i saw that post. plus i also use vitamin world and just the internet, thou it might take some time to get your products, you can save alot of money even with the shipping.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Lifer

go to discountanabolics.com ...everything there is cheap!!!!

NoXplode is great for someone of your size use some good quality protein and eat healthy...chicken tuna mixed nuts i would even go with cell mass made by bsn it is a post workout creatine...and seems to do the job as well.....keep in mind that different supps work differently on everyone....so someone may say ..i grew 15 lbs in one bottle of noxplode ...you may only put on 2-5 lbs...dont get discouraged....just lift heavier and harder each workout....its all about genetics.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

yeah my genetics are not that great. my 167 lbs isnt all muscle... by far.

and from what i have done i know i have grown, but i need all the help i can get. im not trying to be some big bad ass mf'er thats going to win competions, but i would like to be able to take off my shirt and have all the ladies drop their jaw. espel. the g/f.

i've never really been big or had muscles to flex so i am taking this all very serious. an no, roids are out of the question.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky_55amg
yeah my genetics are not that great. my 167 lbs isnt all muscle... by far.

and from what i have done i know i have grown, but i need all the help i can get. im not trying to be some big bad ass mf'er thats going to win competions, but i would like to be able to take off my shirt and have all the ladies drop their jaw. espel. the g/f.

i've never really been big or had muscles to flex so i am taking this all very serious. an no, roids are out of the question.

Your goals are 99% diet related, focus on solid nutrition, and bust your ass in the gym.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 05:03 PM
blank

Ever tried a Testosterone booster like AndroTest. It worked great from me and im about you size. I also mixed it with a anti estrogen.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM
We lost one.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0LiterRiceEater
Ever tried a Testosterone booster like AndroTest. It worked great from me and im about you size. I also mixed it with a anti estrogen.
Is that the stuff that Prosource puts out? I've been using Vitrix from Nutrex since it already has the estrogen blockers in it. I'm always trying out new stuff so maybe I look into it a bit more.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
Is that the stuff that Prosource puts out? I've been using Vitrix from Nutrex since it already has the estrogen blockers in it. I'm always trying out new stuff so maybe I look into it a bit more.

FYI, you still need an anti-E to take after you stop taking the test booster. The effects on test production are minimal when compared to true anabolics, so it's not completely necessary, but every little bit helps.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
We lost one.....

I still have 11 days left of the Vitrix, so what product do you recommend strictly for the anti E since it is not included with the Androtest?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
I still have 11 days left of the Vitrix, so what product do you recommend strictly for the anti E since it is not included with the Androtest?

6-OXO will do the trick. I'd get on it asap, you don't want to wait till your last day on the test booster to kick your nuts back in action.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
6-OXO will do the trick. I'd get on it asap, you don't want to wait till your last day on the test booster to kick your nuts back in action.
X2 on the 6-OXO
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 03:44 PM

It takes time

You want to get bigger...all you have to do is up your calorie intake alot, but not with bad food! sounds like your eating pretty healthy which is def. gonna be about 70% of the results that you will see. When your in the gym make sure your isolating each muscle group and not just doing a full body every other time you go in. as for testosterone booster, unless your over about 30 or so its a fuckin waste of time and money. Being young you don't need a testosterone booster you already produce a shit ton. if you were taking one you would have to take about 3 times the recommended amount to see results. If you use creatine i would suggest using regular creatine monohydrate, and if you decide to use NO-Xplode you don't need creatine, its got plenty in it! No xplode is pretty good, you will def see results and have alot more energy! Make sure your taking protein before and after your workout or atleast eat something afterwards! also make sure that you do so w/ in 15 mins from the time you finished working out because your body needs protein to help with recovery and it will get it from anywher it can find it( your muscles)! Also stay away from doing alot of cardio, don't do anymore than 20 mins a day! Good luck man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement