Hang cleans... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Hang cleans...

Anyone else here do hang cleans? I swear to god it's the ultimate full body excercise. I only did 4 sets of 6 with 135lbs this morning (first time I've worked out since June) and my hamstrings, calves, forearms, and back are sore as hell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Do Work Son!!!!!

hey josh, this year at UTA was my first to do them and they are awsome, work hard and all of your other lifts will get stronger from the cleans.

It's all about the form but im not a lifting pro, but the better my form got the more weight i could do, it was really weird.

Just another day in paradise.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PM sent Robbie.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Time Served

i like power cleans better... now that really is a good workout.. 4x8 at any weight you can do, badass workout.

Living life well..
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Lifer

hang cleans are a good workout. i used to do them 3 times a week, and i went home feelin it every time. form is really important though, its real easy to hurt your back doing either hang or power cleans. dont lean back when you pull up and wear a belt if you have one.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatdowninTx
i like power cleans better... now that really is a good workout.. 4x8 at any weight you can do, badass workout.
We did powercleans in highschool, with the rubber weights, and it was just too easy to use momentum off the bounce.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Lifer

i do them and it is a great workout.....just like squats....i hate to do them ....but always see great results in all other lifts.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 11:23 PM
Sir Clavin

link me to this shit. WTF is a Hangclean exactly?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [CS]ls1haha
link me to this shit. WTF is a Hangclean exactly?
i would like to know as well
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

A hang clean is basically a power clean (if you know what a clean/power clean is) from "a hang" meaning the bar is off the ground, usually right under the knees and you complete the power clean from that position.

They are decent as a deadlift supplemental exercise. I'm a fan of anything explosive.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Sir Clavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
A hang clean is basically a power clean (if you know what a clean/power clean is) from "a hang" meaning the bar is off the ground, usually right under the knees and you complete the power clean from that position.

They are decent as a deadlift supplemental exercise. I'm a fan of anything explosive.
Hmmm, well if you had some wheels on it wouldn't it already be practically just below your knees to begin with?

I did legs today.. thought I was going to die. By the time I made it to leg extensions I could barely rep out 70lbs 10 times without my quads catching fire. Well, I was supersetn' them with the press though. Then I hit the donkey machine and jumped some rope. Jumping rope is a bitch when you can hardly walk straight.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Time Served

we do them ALL the time at north mesquite for football. they are a very good work out. def for football because they add explosion
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 02:34 AM
tex
Lifer

Gayle Hatch
Click power clean. A hang clean is starting the movement holding the bar just below your knees, instead of coming completely off the floor.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Sir Clavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Gayle Hatch
Click power clean. A hang clean is starting the movement holding the bar just below your knees, instead of coming completely off the floor.
Good stuff.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Baller

screw that shit man...too easy to get hurt. I've seen so many retards screw themselves up with power cleans...either by adding way too much weight, or by bouncing too much or using back. Its not that great of an exercise, just awkward and involving. I would much rather split it into 4 - 5 lifts and not risk injury. True explosive lifts are good for football and similar sports, but preferably in the for of power squats, leg press, and similar leg exercises. There's a few upper body machines but i cant think of the names right now.

...soreness isn't always a true indicator of a good exercise.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Horsepower Tycoon

You know I agree with ruff. I think that these are very susceptible to injury. I hurt my shoulder this last year and hated the down time, I will error on the safe side and have my back, etc safe for my old years to come.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 10:33 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
screw that shit man...too easy to get hurt. I've seen so many retards screw themselves up with power cleans...either by adding way too much weight, or by bouncing too much or using back.
Not a bad point, but the same thing can be said about the bench press, squat and dead lift. Like anything else, if you do it right and don't try to show off, you'll be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement