ideas - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

ideas

ok i got a eliptical machine a couple month ago, i like and now starting to see some results,yea! ok now i do not have money for a membership right now what are exersises that i can do start maybe getting bigger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 02:25 AM
Banned

A good workout with the elliptical is this.

Warm up at a moderate pace for 5 minutes.

Go hardcore for 30 seconds, then at a moderate pace for 90 seconds. (That's one set.)

Do that 5 times, then a five minute cool down. Lower the resistance and go at a steady pace.

That's twenty minutes and you'll definately feel it. After each week, add another set.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:51 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2

Go hardcore for 30 seconds, then at a moderate pace for 90 seconds. (That's one set.)

Do that 5 times, then a five minute cool down. Lower the resistance and go at a steady pace.

That's twenty minutes and you'll definately feel it. After each week, add another set.
Dude Josh, where the fuck have you been man?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Banned

Internetless. Until now.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

cool thanks ill do that. now what about like push ups and stuff like that i dont have room for a weight bench or anything just looking for some more stuff to do
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsastang80
cool thanks ill do that. now what about like push ups and stuff like that i dont have room for a weight bench or anything just looking for some more stuff to do
Without free-weights you can take the word "big" out of your vocabulary. You can most certainly tone and tighten everything, but without weights you aren't gonna experience much hypertrophy (muscle growth).

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

would dumbells and a exrersize ball work?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:

doing almost the same thing here. we do 30seconds on level 4 resistance and 90seconds on level 13 resistance. do this between 12 and 20 minutes depending how much time we have left after working out. down 13 lbs so far
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsastang80
would dumbells and a exrersize ball work?
Surrrrrre, grab ya some 130 lb dumbbells and do some curls or tricep extensions!!!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

hmmmmmm
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 10:45 PM

Smile

If you are unable to gain access to any kind of free weights, try some unconventional methods- weighted pull-ups, weighted push-ups, weighted sit-ups- these are awesome. There are dozens of things you can aquire cheap to do all this, sand bags are great, cinder blocks, axels, wheels, etc. If you have extra axels and a welder, weld two together and bolt on the wheels and do deadlifts and shoulder presses.Get some cheap concrete and a thick piece of rebar, fill a coffee can for one end and let dry, next day do the other side makes a great makeshift barbell. Do presses with cinder blocks or sand bags. Some of this may sound goofy or a waste of time but how do you think guys got big 2000 years ago. They lifted heavy awkward things and ate a lot of protein "meat",eggs, drank milk, ate vegetables, EAT EAT EAT. Try it, you'll be surprised the muscles you work and will do wonders for your grip.

This is a great site pricey but awesome equipment and insight, I'm a proud customer

http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/opencms/ironmind/
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM

Also forgot to add a good one, get a tow strap with a looped end, shoulder the loop and tie the other end to a small car-one to start out with- and have someone control it while you pull it. Great leg and core body work out. You might need a towel or pad for the strap!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 03:06 AM
Banned

I think I would crack my ass up if I saw someone doing that car thing on the road. I'm sure it works though.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman93
If you are unable to gain access to any kind of free weights, try some unconventional methods- weighted pull-ups, weighted push-ups, weighted sit-ups- these are awesome. There are dozens of things you can aquire cheap to do all this, sand bags are great, cinder blocks, axels, wheels, etc. If you have extra axels and a welder, weld two together and bolt on the wheels and do deadlifts and shoulder presses.Get some cheap concrete and a thick piece of rebar, fill a coffee can for one end and let dry, next day do the other side makes a great makeshift barbell. Do presses with cinder blocks or sand bags. Some of this may sound goofy or a waste of time but how do you think guys got big 2000 years ago. They lifted heavy awkward things and ate a lot of protein "meat",eggs, drank milk, ate vegetables, EAT EAT EAT. Try it, you'll be surprised the muscles you work and will do wonders for your grip.

This is a great site pricey but awesome equipment and insight, I'm a proud customer

http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/opencms/ironmind/
LMAO!!! You're not from the country are you???
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Musician for the deaf

Go get a newborn calf, and every day lift it over your head. In a couple years you should be able to lift a 1500lb bull.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 PM

Haha I watch a lot of the strongman competitions, they do all these crazy lifts and they're the stongest in the world!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Horsepower Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe
LMAO!!! You're not from the country are you???

Or he could be opening a workout club in Arkansas?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Time Served

Try it with a 2 1/2 ton military axle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement