Body Fat - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Body Fat

Ok guys I am stumped here. In a bout six moths I am going to a police academy and will be measured for my body fat composition. I am running and working out to get ready for this, the only down side if I am not losing body fat. I am lean in my arms and legs and have the "beer belly". Are there any supplements I can take to help combat this or extra exercises I could maybe do? Thanks for any help in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Lifer

Cardio!!!!!

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 12:30 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Well, if you are doing cardio then you are probably not doing enough to burn off the amount of daily calories you take in. Either up the amount of cardio, reduce the amount of calories you take in each day, and/or both.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:30 AM
We lost one.....

Liquid clenbuterol added to Lipoderm Ultra and a little capzacin HP rub onto abs worked wonders for me. In addition to lots of cardio and weight training, but just note that the capzacin burns like a mofo!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Baller

Well, you can burn calories multiple ways. Running bleachers works just as well as weights. If you're wanting to get an estimate on how many calories you burn here's a formula: First- decide how much weight you're using. If you're running bleachers it would be your bodyweight in kg's. If its weightlifting it will just be the weight in kg's.

Next- determine the distance the weight travels. If you're running bleachers-it will be the verticle distance from bottom to top. If its weights its the extension length.

Then - put it into the formula w=f(d)k w= work; f = force = (weight x 9.81); k=1.8

Next - Divide the answer by 4186 (the number of joules per kcal)

Finally - The answer should be the number of food calories you burn per rep or distance traveled.

For example = You use about .22 Kcal per rep of 220lbs on flat bench neglecting arm weight and not including deviation for extension length.

A 60kg person would have to run 700m upwards to burn 500Kcal. The body only converts energy at about 20% effeciency which works out to our advantage.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor98T/A
Ok guys I am stumped here. In a bout six moths I am going to a police academy and will be measured for my body fat composition. I am running and working out to get ready for this, the only down side if I am not losing body fat. I am lean in my arms and legs and have the "beer belly". Are there any supplements I can take to help combat this or extra exercises I could maybe do? Thanks for any help in advance
If it were Dallas PD, I think there is a requirement that you have a beer belly. or is that a donut belly?

key to losing it like they are sayng is use up more than you are taking in. stay off the fatty foods. No donut eating contests!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 04:40 PM
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
Liquid clenbuterol added to Lipoderm Ultra and a little capzacin HP rub onto abs worked wonders for me. In addition to lots of cardio and weight training, but just note that the capzacin burns like a mofo!
clenbuterol, do you really want to tell that to a pig.

If you dont care clenbuterol and T3 works great too.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 12:19 AM
We lost one.....

Funny that he has to lose the fat to become a pig.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

I am thinking about taking the T3 and just hitting the running and weights hard. Also have any of yall taken the MASS cycle at GNC?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Texan

Quote:
I am thinking about taking the T3 and just hitting the running and weights hard. Also have any of yall taken the MASS cycle at GNC?

the mass is a weight gainer, its loaded with carbs protein and fats. that wouldnt help you lean out at all.

also, theres something that helps fight water retension, im not sure of the name but any GNC or vitamin shoppe employee would know what it is.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 11:31 PM

Diet
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 11:54 PM
We lost one.....

I'm taking the Nutrex Ultimate Cutting Cycle now. I'll let you know how it does halfway thru at 21 days.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Musician for the deaf

Beer has leaned me out considerably.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
JPS

What helped me the most was a workout session using a video called "Slim in 6". I didn't do what they said about eating right, but I did do the workout daily....and it was hard. But after one week, I could tell that my abs were more defined. After a month, I dropped 3 pant sizes...and as you guys know, it's harder to lose it when you're older than dirt!!

I still do the video along with my weights and cardio but I only do it once or twice a week for a change in my routine.

Good luck to you!

JPS
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:

Wonderful example to set there buddy.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement