Looking for General Help: Nutrition, Excersize tips, etc. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Looking for General Help: Nutrition, Excersize tips, etc.

Basically i havent touched a weight since xmas, before that i had been working out for about 4 months and i made really good progress by myself. Once xmas hit i lost all motivation and just never went back to the gym. Here is a couple questions for you knowledgable people, thanks in advance for the time and help.

Info About Me:
Senior in high school
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 159
Activity level: from 1-10(10 being best), its a 6(motivational issue)
Main goals:
1. Loose the pudge in my stomach, would like a nice lean stomach doesnt need to be a complete washboard but i want to be able to see my abs and a six pack shadow.
2. work on arm definition, i already have decent arms by build but i want to improve some. Basically gain some bicept and tricept mass to get a more rounded look, also increase the ball look of my bicept.
3. To go with my stomach i want a decently defined chest, whatever works not picky just good looking.
4. I want a butt, i currently am not even aware of the fact that i have one.
5. My leggs are decent since i played football, ran track, played soccer my entire life..
6. Get my endurance back, i used to be able to run run run, now i cant even sprint a full 100 meters without bogging down, i used to be able to go around the track for two miles(8 times around) walking the curves and sprinting the straights
-My main focus is upper body definition and mass and then some overall fat loss.

My Questions:
1. How do i stay motivated to work out on a regular basis, also how to stay motivated on eating the right foods. how do YOU stay motivated?

2. I need a general nutrition plan or i would like to find a place that can develope one for me. I also need some recipes on good tasting foods that are good for me, also tips on how to cook the the food. Anyone have a book with this type of information?

3. I need some excersizes that i can do without weights. Stuff that i can do at home when i wake up. EX: different situps, crunches, pushups, sitting dips. I would also like a couple excersizes that i can do with a medicine ball, any books you might know of?

4. I need a Weekly plan of workout target groups and some excersizes that acompany them, like back and whatever this day, whatever that. I am the kind of person that will do bicepts/tricepts/bench every other day and think its fine. MANY people tell me this is not a good way to do it and i will gain much more if i do a variety of workouts less times a week.

5. Anything else i need to know.......things i missed, good sources/books for workout tips/nutrition, good sources/books for excersizes.

I know i have asked a workout bible from you but i thought it would be good to start here.
Again, thank you for any input you have for me, and if you have any questions about me, my goals, or my questions. ask away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Your Real DAD

Location: Prowlin the streets,with my FUNNY friend. In good ol Checkaho,TX AKA GARLAND BITCH
In weight lifting or training there are few answers and alot of opinions.I will give some of my opinions.

Q1:I get my motivation from my need to get in shape.Two months ago My Dr. told me I was diabetic.That was all the motivation I needed, because my dad is diabetic and never did much to improve his health.I do not want to end up in his position.

Q2,3&4: Join a gym. Most larger gyms will offer you a personal trainer for short time at a discount.They will be able to help you with a meal plan and give you some exesizes to do . And in my opinion you must use weight training if you want to make any improvments to your body in a relitively short period of time.

Q5:The internet is a great scource of info and www.google.com is your friend.

As stated before these are not ansewers only opinions.
Good luck !!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

thank you

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Time Served

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...583493-1953616

-2010 TTCamaro SS
-2006 Vortech C6 Z06
-1993 RX7, LS1 powered (sold)
-1994 1000+hp Turbo Camaro (sold)
www.momentumautosports.com
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 10:07 AM
My Boy!

Motivation

My absolute best motivation is when people tell me that they can see a difference. When people I have not seen in a while see me and step back and say "You've been working out!". Or when a chick at the club or a party wants to touch my chest and makes a comment. Or the other day when somone told me that a girl was refering to me as "the dark haired guy with the big chest muscles from the other night". Hell, I'm not even a big guy (6-0 , 185ish).

Next would be knowing I am doing something that is healthy and will benefit my physical health. Part of that is from the fact that I realize that I am not the young guy I once was, so health is becoming more important to me.

Along the same lines as above, is that everyone I meet lately thinks I am younger than I really am. 27 - 28 is the norm for what most people will guess me as. One girl the other night guessed me at 29 and I gave her a look and said "ouch" and she reguessed 27. lol They all get a strange look when I tell them I am 36.

I look and feel younger than my age, I am in the very best shape of my life now, and I get comments and attention from my hard work. That is some pretty good motivation for me! If I could just get paid to do this I'd be hooked up!

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement