Creatine???? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Creatine????

Anybody use this stuff??? I was thinking about getting some. Any comments on it???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 02:44 PM

besides anabolic steroids, it is some of the best stuff you can use....pm me for some more questions..

Kelly
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Hired Hand

On a cutting phase you'll retain a little water, but it will help you keep your lean mass. On a bulking phase you'll gains tons of water, but it's great for strenth too. Just be prepared to see your weight drop a little after the cycle as the extra water leaves you body.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 07:29 PM
dispatching aero planes

the best creatine I have used is cell tech...it works pretty good, but following the loading stage actually showed the best result. But I agree with what Playahatta said also.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I just picked up some of the liquid stuff. It says it doesnt require a loading period. Im gonna try this stuff and see how it works
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 07:16 PM
dispatching aero planes

that stuff works okay but I had a lot better results with cell tech, there is a place on rufe snow that sells celltech for $10 cheaper than you can get it at GNC for a 5lb container. The place is next to whataburger in the old JTMcCords shopping center, just tell them that you work out at a gym nearby and you can get a discount.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 01:56 AM
Back To Normal

it tastes like crap!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 11:31 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001 GT
it tastes like crap!!!
Mix it in with Apple Sauce
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 02:56 AM

cell tech has a shitload of sugar in it. Any creatine will do just as good, it will just not hit the wallet as hard. The pure creatine mono powder is the best. No loading phase nessasary.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Lifer

Try animal stak its pretty good. I think its better than creatine.

<=====Lost faith in Creatine. Has taken way too much creatine liquid or micronized.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 05:21 PM

liquid or powder?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Lifer

i ve taken both. animal stak is an anabolic stak. ill post up the supplemental facts but you can check out the web page
www.universalnutrition.com

I think the liquid is supposed to be crap because from what ive read creatine isnt stable as a liquid. It turns to creatinine which is useless. but don't quote me!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2002, 03:06 PM
mannish boy

any quality powder will work, but you really need some sugar to help absorb it...

I usually buy it from MassQuanities... haven't bought it in a while... it's like $40 for 1000g... I always have that on hand, but I also get lazy and buy "Creatine Surge" from Whole Foods... it's already got dextrose and L-glutamine in it so it's quick and easy mix with water...

the other stuff you wanna mix with grape juice or something (apple sauce is a good idea, but I always wanna slam it)

also, you can't take too much... your body can only absorb so much, and you'll just shit out the rest (it can give you the runs, but I've never really had them and I take a lot some times)

take more than it says...

generally you load with like 3-4 servings a day for 5 days and then 1-2 servings a day...

I load with 5-6 servings a day and then have 1-3 servings a day after that (depending on how hard I work out, etc)

one time you DEFINATELY want to take it is right after a work out... insulin is spiking, and you hit yourself with that creatine and sugar and you're in business... I generally take it before and after workout...

it's good stuff, and if you shop around and buy online, you can get it cheap enough that you don't really have to worry about the cost of taking a bunch of it...

because your body gets rid of excess, I err to the side of excess in case you don't absorb all of it for some reason...

Forrest
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 02:07 PM
Hired Hand

I just started with some Phosphagen and I must say it's alot more convenient than straight up powder. I personally don't drink anything but skim milk and water (weekend alcohol consumption not included ) so I'd always have to take the powder in water, not at all optimal. I'd suggest a premix like that or cell tech. Maybe even the sublingual stuff, it works well and tastes great, but can get a bit expensive for my taste (pun intended).

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement