whats your diet? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 02:14 AM
blue5olsvo

whats your diet?

What is the best kind of diet for breakfast, lunch, dinner....that has really worked for you ? I want to gain muscle and lose a little fat. What you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 02:22 AM

Talking

Heh yeah I need to know that too lol
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 05:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLuE5oLsVo
What is the best kind of diet for breakfast, lunch, dinner....that has really worked for you ? I want to gain muscle and lose a little fat. What you guys think?

Just work out HARD. I dont worry about what i eat at all. I do however workout hard at least 5 days a week. Thats what works for me.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 10:34 AM
duh...duh....duh

I usually skimp (I like food, so the below is "skimping" for me) for 6 days and work out 4-6 days a week, depending how lazy I am. I've lost 70 pounds over the last year (yeah, I was a fat ass), eating basically...

Breakfast - Grits with salsa, swiss cheese, jalapenos and tabasco sauce. Muffin with whites from hard boiled egg on it w/ ketchup or something.

Lunch - Salad with tuna or a little meat in it - prefer chicken. 1 serving of dressing.

Dinner - A serving of meat, rice/potato/noodle serving (one or the other). Maybe a salad or a serving of just about anything else.

On the 7th day I pig out and eat whatever the hell I want. It is my little reward and probably negates 2-3 days of the regular eating. Plus, I don't stick 100% with this all the time, but I try to as a guideline. Additionally, I don't count fruits and veggies in with this. Cooked, or fresh I eat them as I like. I also put down some sort of granola bar before bed.

I think the key is that if you eat 3 meals a day, you should try to avoid snacking too much - ESPECIALLY on junk food. Otherwise, you can try to do that eating 5-6 times a day, but small portions. I simply don't have the means to do that.

The other important factor is to work out. I do a lot of cardio and light weights.

Take care

My '03 Sold.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
blue5olsvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarStang
Heh yeah I need to know that too lol
lol...I think that diet is 50% of bulking up. I have just never tried to eat right. I was thinking this time around i would try and eat right
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 05:12 PM

second that greyhorse. Although its been said that diet is 60% of results, all I do is workout and run, and don't worry about food unless I dont have time. Then its skipping breakfast, soup for lunch and taco bell at night. I gain a little weight when I stop working out, but it comes off really quick at the end of the semester when I turn it up again.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runstang22
second that greyhorse. Although its been said that diet is 60% of results, all I do is workout and run, and don't worry about food unless I dont have time. Then its skipping breakfast, soup for lunch and taco bell at night. I gain a little weight when I stop working out, but it comes off really quick at the end of the semester when I turn it up again.

ya, all these ppl worry more about what they eat, rather than how hard they push themselves.

I always thought that if your overweight you should run a LOT while working out hard.
If your skinny like me, your lucky and just have to work out hard, although i do run some. I dont try and get big and massive, i just want to get stronger and stay ripped!

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
duh...duh....duh

GRAYHORSE, trust me, some people do have to watch what they eat. Not everyone is the same and the definition of "lots of food" can vary from person to person. My workouts are intense enough, and I am still losing weight. However, if I were ever to slack off a little and pick back up on all the junk food I'd be big (big = fat) again.

Either way, it is good to have a decent diet, even if you get a lot of workout time.

My '03 Sold.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Rookie

ya, some ppl have to watch what they eat more than others, however how many fat fuckers do see everyday bitching about being fat while doing nothing to help themselves?
You see all these fat ppl trying all these diets and they wont even think about running down the damn street and back. I'm not calling anyone here a fatass, i'm just talking about the population in general.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 07:10 PM
duh...duh....duh

Yeah, I used to be one of those guys. Fact is, that no diet will work right or long-term without working out...at least a little. I see your point a little better now. You can workout and not diet, and be fine. However, you can't really JUST diet and not workout. light goes on.

My '03 Sold.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
You can workout and not diet, and be fine. However, you can't really JUST diet and not workout. light goes on.
i couldnt have said it better.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Time Served

there is no way to gain muscle and loose fat at the same time.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:36 AM
blue5olsvo

Im a skinny mofo i just wanted to lose a little of my body fat %. I have been working out since i was 15(now im 18) and i could never really get big...so this time i was just going to try a better diet(have never watch what i ate, just ate)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLuE5oLsVo
Im a skinny mofo i just wanted to lose a little of my body fat %. I have been working out since i was 15(now im 18) and i could never really get big...so this time i was just going to try a better diet(have never watch what i ate, just ate)
you best bet would be to go on a clean bulking diet. do a search on google for clean bulks.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
ya, all these ppl worry more about what they eat, rather I always thought that if your overweight you should run a LOT while working out hard.
Those will work against each other.

If you are trying to lose weight you need to do low intensity cardio. Otherwise your body will try and burn muscle. If you are lifting hard AND doing high-intensity cardio you are burning up your gains right there.

The best exercise option for someone that wants to lose fat and gain muscle is to do low intensity cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and then lift in the afternoon/evening with enough food in your stomach to give you energy to lift enough to do good.

But diet is probably the just as important as exercising if not more. Some people are naturally blessed with the right type of metabolism, but most are not.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Time Served

general tso's chicken, fried rice, and eggroll
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:25 PM
blue5olsvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstripe5.0
general tso's chicken, fried rice, and eggroll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement