How Can I Lose Some Weight??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

How Can I Lose Some Weight???

Wake Up Around 6, Go To School Then Around 1 Go To Work I Do Everything Walk, Wash The Cars, Up And Down On The Road, Getting Parts, You Know... The Whole Shop Thing....... Im At 186. I Got A Big O Gut, I Dont Eat A Lot And I Watch What Eat... Does Anybody Know What I Can Do, I Dont Have Much Weights And I Cant Sign Up For The Gym... Cause Of Homework.....etc...probably Got Like About An Hr. Before I Get To Get Things Ready For The Next Day, But I Have Fri. Night Free, And Sun... What Can I Start Doing???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:01 AM

Without knowing you it's kinda hard but I'd suggest small meals throughout the day. Eat a piece of fruit first thing to kickstart the metabolism. Takes about 2 minutes to stop and do 10 pushups and 20 Hindu squats. Do that several times a day. If there's a bar close stop and do as many pullups as you can before moving on. Since you don't have time for cardio try to put on some muscle as it burns calories constantly.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Fruit wont kickstart his metabolism unless its like a grapefruit that has thermogenic properties owing to the citric acid.. have your body fat tested.. work out how many calories it takes to maintain your weight.. then work out a meal plan and cardio to run at a slight deficit.. say 300-500 calories ( Depending on how much weight you want to lose) and go from there. Do a real work out.. 10 pushups and 20 hindu squats a few times a day wont even get you warmed up right..

if you are 186, big gut and " watch what you eat".. you HAVE to start doing some cardio.. MAKE time.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:19 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Reduce the portions that you're eating. Just because you 'eat right,' doesn't mean you're not still eating too much. Also eat slower, allow your stomach time to realize the food is down there so it doesn't seem like you're still hungry when in fact you could stop eating already. I've lost 65 pounds using this method with NO working out.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

I am know expert but just as the other guy says eat fruits and small meals. Do sit ups, push ups, chine ups, or anything else you can think of when ever you have a minute at work school or where ever. Hell I have a friend that when we are out doing what ever, and there is a minute he's not doing something, he will do push ups or sit ups and it dont matter where or when.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:23 AM

Millions of advertising dollars, fad diets, gimmicks, weight-loss experts, etc. can be summed up in four words:

Eat less, exercise more.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Fruit wont kickstart his metabolism
I've found that any food first thing makes me hungrier sooner. I suggested fruit as it's much healthier than pop tarts or equivalent. Having your body fat tested will serve best to lighten your wallet, looking in the mirror is fine for most people.

Quote:
10 pushups and 20 hindu squats a few times a day wont even get you warmed up right..
It worked for me. You don't have to spend an hour in the gym 5 days a week to see good results, start with your spare time and if that doesn't work and it's important enough to you... make time!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Time Served

cardio. go run. start off with say 1/2 mile run. 1/2 walk. until you can run the mile. then keep steppin git up until you can run 3miles or so and do it everyday. At first it will suck and you will be sore the next day, but you will lose weight in a few weeks it will stop hurting and be fun (i listen to music when I run)

-2010 TTCamaro SS
-2006 Vortech C6 Z06
-1993 RX7, LS1 powered (sold)
-1994 1000+hp Turbo Camaro (sold)
www.momentumautosports.com
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 10:53 AM

Here is my weightloss tips

Ok I am 5' 10" and being in college with all the drinking and latenight eating is what put me to 250. I have a few tips that I live with religously and I was all the way down to 206.

I did all of this without any cardio just eating in a timely manner, eat what you want but there is timing that you have to work with.

Stop drinking sodas and sugar drinks (only Orange Juice in the morning) cut all the sugar drinks out and drink water and learn to love it. I havent had a soda in over a year and a half.

Do not eat after 9:00pm I did this and started to lose weight really quick after you adjust and you stop eating after 9:00 bump it down a half an hour to 8:30 a month to two months at the most all the way until you get down to 7:30.

If you drink beer and you cant quit drink a lighter beer and do not eat after a night of drinking, it will make you fat quick. Ever since I started this I have really turned down the beer drinking and I might go out and drink a beer once a week.

Try to make it to the gym, and dont let your pride not allow you to go. I have been going to the gym for almost 2 years and I just started cardio because I in desperate need of a six pack.

I understand that you do not have time but you can easily make time for an hour at the gym if you really want it. It will help you physically but it can have a better affect mentally. It helps me forget about what is going on through the day and what I need to get done and just lift weights or do what you like but also go to the gym with your purpose and be focused on what you need to get done. You will be on your way.

Sorry about the long post but I have done this and I am proud and I get comments from family and friends.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Time Served

fruit is no good for loosing weight. loaded with sugar.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

THANKS A LOT... WHAT ARE THOSE HINDUE SQUATS????
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 05:02 PM

It's not refined sugar. There's a big difference. You could say carbs are bad for losing weight thus you should only do Atkins... all things in moderation is my personal belief.

From a man who knows of what he speaks... Hindu squats
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

WEIGHTED MYSELF THIS MORNING, AND ITS READ 181.... JUST STOPPED MY SUGARS AND FOR SOME REASON MY METABOLISM INCREASED WITH VERY NOTICEABLE RESULTS... AND DRINKING LOTS OF WATER....HAS HELPED ME LOSING 5lbs. IN 5 DAYS....

I HAVENT DONE ANY EXERCISE, JUST EAT A CEREAL IN THE MORNING....
NOTHING BUT WATER ALL DAY WHENEVER I FEEL HUNGRY AND AN APPLE....
AND 1 GOOD WHOLE MEAL FOR DINNER NOTHING BUT WATER...AFTER 7:00
ITS BEEN WORKING FOR ME....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement