I'm Hungry!!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Out

I'm Hungry!!!!

Here's the deal...

I'm hitting the gym everyday now from about 4-5 days a week like before. I do 15 minutes of hard cardio, crunches and other ab excersizes until I can't do anymore, rotating weight lifting (all pulls one night and all pushes the next) which usually lasts about 45 minutes, and finally another 15 minutes of moderate cardio. My problem now is that I'm eating like a freaking horse, but after my work-out I'm really hungry. Some people said my body is starving for more protien, so I tried a couple different shakes, but I can't choke those nasty things down. I'm on my second week of taking Amino Fuel 100 (3 pills with each meal), but I'm still getting hungry after the work-out. Is there any way to avoid all this hunger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 12:52 PM

ON's 100% protein ... tastes great even in water and no extra crap just protein
but since ur more loosing weight then gaining it, id suggest muscle milk
and eat smart foods like oatmeal,rice, and apples!...

but you do need to eat, as much as possiable
gotta keep your metabolism up just make it small snacks not junkfood though
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispy_malik
ON's 100% protein ... tastes great even in water and no extra crap just protein
but since ur more loosing weight then gaining it, id suggest muscle milk
and eat smart foods like oatmeal,rice, and apples!...

but you do need to eat, as much as possiable
gotta keep your metabolism up just make it small snacks not junkfood though
See, I've got a problem with that... I'm in the middle of a desert during a war, so I don't have much to choose from as far as food. I'll have my wife look into ON's 100% protein, but I just don't wanna get stuck with something else I can't drink. I can probably pawn it off to someone who wants it if I don't. Anything to stop me from being hungry all the time.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:04 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Had the same problem, and it was confusing the hell out of me. Started working more after sugrey and doing alot of lifting, etc. Been just eating small amounts while I was lounging around, and couldn't figure out why I was suddenly ravenous. Was eating more just to settle my stomach down, but still losing weight when I thought I'd be gaining from eating so much. Amazing how much moving my lazy ass around can help. Here soon I'm going to work on dropping another 8 pounds, but my heart just isn't in it right now. Gotta take a break every now and then.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Out

Dammit! I have the metabolism of a 16 year old with a constant hard on!!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
See, I've got a problem with that... I'm in the middle of a desert during a war, so I don't have much to choose from as far as food. I'll have my wife look into ON's 100% protein, but I just don't wanna get stuck with something else I can't drink. I can probably pawn it off to someone who wants it if I don't. Anything to stop me from being hungry all the time.
starwberry is what ive had for about 2 months now, and its like dessert.
+ on the on's 100% one scoop goes into 1 cup of water or milk no need for like 5 coops.. the shit is good man + its instanazied (sp) so u can mix it with a spoon and have NO clumps... lol i sound like a salesman

muscle milk is good too , but in water it tasted like shit (to me anyways)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
starwberry is what ive had for about 2 months now, and its like dessert.
+ on the on's 100% one scoop goes into 1 cup of water or milk no need for like 5 coops.. the shit is good man + its instanazied (sp) so u can mix it with a spoon and have NO clumps... lol i sound like a salesman

muscle milk is good too , but in water it tasted like shit (to me anyways)
I'll have to give the on's a chance then because I don't trust the milk out here.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I'll have to give the on's a chance then because I don't trust the milk out here.
yep, if it dosnt taste decent in water than i wont take it
but ive been drinking protein drinks since i was in 7th grade so im kind of used to bad taste now.
last time i check GNC had the stuff for like 33 bucks on sale but u can find it online for like 29 for 5 lbs. has 24 grams of protein a scoop.. but thats in 1 cup
so 8 cups a day x 24g... u get the point

i doubt itll help u not be hungry ( i drink it while i eat, lol) but it will help u grow for sure.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Time Served

just plain old 100% whey protien from like walmart tastest great mixed with water (chocolate flavor)

-2010 TTCamaro SS
-2006 Vortech C6 Z06
-1993 RX7, LS1 powered (sold)
-1994 1000+hp Turbo Camaro (sold)
www.momentumautosports.com
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Rookie

Muscle Mike taste great! I drink it for dessert. I like the Banana Cream.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Time Served

This post was not started to decide which protein shake he should take. He asked about the hunger after a workout. This is a common thing. Your body is craving carbs not protein. It will use up all of its available energy and you need to "re-fuel" in a sense. You can't expect your car to run without gas. Try eating something, preferably something not to heavy with a good amount of carbs, about an hour before working out. You should still be craving something after your workout, the sooner you satisfy this craving the better. You should not rely on protein shakes they should only be taken as suppliments not replacements. If your body is hungry, feed it with food, expecially when you're working out. You have to eat the right foods not junk or you will be constantly hungry all day long.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Lifer

Yep, within 20 minutes of doing cardio you need to take in some carbs. A pre- and post-workout shake is great, but other than that you should try and eat real foods. Too many people think that you should drink those shakes all day long, but it is not necessary and can actually cause you to get fat. Just before and after working out.

Oh yeah, ON's Vanilla with milk or water is great!

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90redlx
This post was not started to decide which protein shake he should take. He asked about the hunger after a workout.
Denny, up your overall daily caloric intake if possible, and also look into a high calorie weight gainer for your post-workout meal. I've always like the way MetRx tastes (even mixed with water), but you may look into something a little denser like those 1000 calorie shakes that are out there.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Time Served

Quote:
its instanazied (sp)
Is that like, 'Instant Nazi, just add water'?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Hero in a half shell

screw putting water in your shakes, use skim milk! it makes it taste a lot better I wish I could afford protein shakes on a consistant basis, but I can't, so I just eat about 4-6 times a day depending on the amount of homework and other activities I may have. I know the feeling of being hungry all the time. Meat can only satisfy that hunger to a certain extent, you need the complex carbs to really help give you that "full" feeling. Also, don't neglect the simple carbs like fruits and vegetables, I'll usually eat an orange or some other fruit to give me the quick energy I need. I usually eat about 2 oranges prior to my hockey games so I can last longer in them, I find that the complex carbs like pasta, bread, potatoes etc don't help me out at all for cardio, they only help me gain weight and look bigger

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Boost?
Denny, up your overall daily caloric intake if possible, and also look into a high calorie weight gainer for your post-workout meal. I've always like the way MetRx tastes (even mixed with water), but you may look into something a little denser like those 1000 calorie shakes that are out there.
That's the thing... I'm around 4500 calories as it is. You've seen me, I'm not big at all. Like I said earlier, where I'm at, I really don't have a choice of what I eat.

Also, I will not trust any of the milk out here, so I guess I'll have to settle for water. I just hate the texture of those shakes, that's why I've been using the Twinlab Amino Fuel 1000, but it just doesn't seem to help and definately no mass, but I am seeing an increase of the weight that I'm lifting.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 06:53 PM
My Boy!

I read somewhere that you should be feeding yourself during that time after a workout when you feel like you could eat a horse. I read that you want to make that your highest Carb meal of the day also. Have your post workout shake then within an hour you want to get to eating. I wish I could remember where I read that. If I can find it I'll post it here.

I"ve tried several different powders and I always go back to the ON 100% Whey. and the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor is the one I stick with. It isn't wonderful in water but it will do. I found that if you get some of that lipton smoothie mix and drop a small spoon full of that in there with the powder and water that it really tastes great. It will add a few more calories/carbs but I don't think it is that bad.

BTW, if you are taking creatine also, you can grab a container of the Optimum Nutrition Pre Load Creatine (I like the Wild Grape flavor) and mix a scoop of that with the water/Protein mix and that tastes awesome too! Plus you will get your creatine at the same time. That is what I go with for my post workout shake ( 2 scoops of ON whey, 1 scoop ON Pre load creatine, and about 8 - 10 OZ water).

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement