Anybody use nitric oxide? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
CFH

Anybody use nitric oxide?

What did you use and do you think it worked?

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Large Member

I wouldn't take that stuff if it was free. It is a hemodilator which causes your blood vessels to open up to allow more blood flow. This intern lowers your blood pressure. Your brain tries to even this out by constricting the blood vessels in your brain. The lowered amount of bloodflow to the brain causes many people to become dizzy or even faint. This is a very dangerous product . I was going to start taking it until I did some research on it. If you dont beleive me then look it up. There are more dangers than I listed I just can't remember all of them. I think this stuff will be banned before too long just like ephedra was.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
CFH

thanks

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 04:46 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT
I wouldn't take that stuff if it was free. It is a hemodilator which causes your blood vessels to open up to allow more blood flow. This intern lowers your blood pressure. Your brain tries to even this out by constricting the blood vessels in your brain. The lowered amount of bloodflow to the brain causes many people to become dizzy or even faint. This is a very dangerous product . I was going to start taking it until I did some research on it. If you dont beleive me then look it up. There are more dangers than I listed I just can't remember all of them. I think this stuff will be banned before too long just like ephedra was.
WOW, sounds like some good stuff.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 07:02 AM
Shakin them haters off!

Location: You've seen mine, Now lets see your's...Come with what you GOT!! No excuses!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT
I think this may be the same stuff im taking and i feel fine. Im taking NoX2. And I feel better than ever. Not sure if all your saying is true but it was recommended for ME specificly from my physician who used to body build for years. This evaluation of-course was after an intesnse physical which included, blood work, physical, EKG, stress test, heart sonograms* (spelling), varies of test. Anyway i feel fine and i think its a good product. Never feel like fainting or dizzy. But still i think before taking anything like that you should have an opinion from your doctor to see what your body is doing or what it will do.

Keep HATIN motha fucka$!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 01:31 PM

Unhappy

I've used it before. The biggest difference that I saw was that my muscles would get ROCK hard and stay pumped for a longer time after the workout. You also have to drink a shit-load of water w/ it. As far as strength or stamina benefits, I saw none. I am a little skepticle of anything that you have to drink that much water to see results. Kind of shady.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Baller

The stuff is not quite worth the money. But im not so sure about all the "dangers" involved in taking it. I've never experienced a side effect, and neither have the several friends i know that are taking it. True it is a hemodialator, but that means it OPENS blood channels. The brain will not counteract an increased blood flow in the manner described. And in the event that it did...itd basically give you a headache. NO2 actually is an anti-imflammatory, so it can prevent possible muscle damage as well.

but the product isn't too great for muscle mass.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 05:10 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT 01
I've used it before. The biggest difference that I saw was that my muscles would get ROCK hard and stay pumped for a longer time after the workout. You also have to drink a shit-load of water w/ it. As far as strength or stamina benefits, I saw none. I am a little skepticle of anything that you have to drink that much water to see results. Kind of shady.
You should be drinking half your weight in ounces everyday anyway. If your not, you aren't getting near the amount of water your body needs.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 02:56 PM

This particular product was calling for 126 ozs. per day. I don't weigh 252. I know what you are saying though. This is more than any of the other ones were saying. I don't know about ya'll, but I have a super small bladder and I spent more time in the pisser than I did working!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Time Served

I don't know what ya'll are talking about. I have taken Nitrix before and gained about 10lbs, that didn't come off after I quit taking it, and am currently on a cycle. When I take servings, about 30mins after, I will get a pump in every muscle just like I was in the gym . Also every set in my workouts is a superset or tri-set, and I feel like I can go on forever. So I definitely felt a difference in stamina.

I would definitely recomend this product to anyone. I don't know about other NO2 products but Nitrix works!!!

About the whole blood pressure thing I never heard about that. I have a heart murmur, and I have never experienced any of those symptoms. Also about drinking water, the directions say to drink 8 - 8oz glasses of water (the normal recomended daily intake). I drink more than that on a regular basis when I'm not taking it.

All of this is just the opinion(s) of me and the people I have recomended it to that have taken it. It is NOT fact so please don't think I'm saying it in that way. Just my 2cents.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Lifer

I still haven't had the chance to buy a bottle, I'm thinking of NOX2. After my research and talking to a few of my buddies at the gym in the university, they thought the stuff was great. All Nitric oxide products are supposedly just the amino acid Arginine and the enzyme that helps break it down to NO, thus water is essential to keep the Arginine from building up in your kidneys. 2K2GT, your brain blood vessels are made out a different material than your normal arteries and veins, it does not constrict any brain vessels. Lower blood pressure may speed up your heart rate, but this is only temporary, the NO is actually a secondary messenger in the nervous system and due to the dilation of blood vessels causes an increase in production of red blood cells in the blood stream. Essentially after the NO builds up in your neurons it causes the amount of blood in your body to increase dramatically. This allows more oxygen to reach the tissues of muscles, etc.

The only thing dangerous about this stuff is if you are doing a large amount of cardio (without accentuating with weight training), not eating sufficiently, or not drinking enough water.

Edit: I'm not saying it can't do anything detrimental to you, many neurological diseases affect the human nervous system due to excess specific amino acids. I'm just stating the facts that I've learned in my Human physiology and Neuroscience classes.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy
I still haven't had the chance to buy a bottle, I'm thinking of NOX2. After my research and talking to a few of my buddies at the gym in the university, they thought the stuff was great. All Nitric oxide products are supposedly just the amino acid Arginine and the enzyme that helps break it down to NO, thus water is essential to keep the Arginine from building up in your kidneys. 2K2GT, your brain blood vessels are made out a different material than your normal arteries and veins, it does not constrict any brain vessels. Lower blood pressure may speed up your heart rate, but this is only temporary, the NO is actually a secondary messenger in the nervous system and due to the dilation of blood vessels causes an increase in production of red blood cells in the blood stream. Essentially after the NO builds up in your neurons it causes the amount of blood in your body to increase dramatically. This allows more oxygen to reach the tissues of muscles, etc.

The only thing dangerous about this stuff is if you are doing a large amount of cardio (without accentuating with weight training), not eating sufficiently, or not drinking enough water.

Edit: I'm not saying it can't do anything detrimental to you, many neurological diseases affect the human nervous system due to excess specific amino acids. I'm just stating the facts that I've learned in my Human physiology and Neuroscience classes.

I can respect that. I just heard from more than one very reputable source what nitric oxide products do to your body. I read in the American Journal of Sports Medicine that it was very unsafe and dangerous. I hope those who are taking it dont have any side effects but the possibility is enough to keep me away.

Also, I didnt really mean that the vessels in your brain constrict rather some of the pathways that blood takes to your brain are constricted. This may not be true but it is something that I heard and read.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Lifer

point taken
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 08:31 PM
LTP

It's good shit. Take it.

I recommend La Brada's Super Charge Nitric Oxide ONLY IF YOU ARE AN ADVANCED LIFTER. Otherwise, it will kill your ass. Says so right on the bottle. lmao It mixes creatine and Nitric Oxide with some Testoserone Boosters. The bottle says " do not use this product if you have a history of depression, high blood pressure, headaches, seizures, problems with your testicles or urinating, etc."

Anyhow, I use it and it works wonders.

However, it's no slouch and will rock your ass in the gym if you ain't ready for it. If you are already in shape and need a good push, then take it.

If you are an Intermediate lifter, then take regular BSN Nitrix. It won't kill you and is good shit. Safe AND effective.

Good luck homie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement