Your opinion:do these things work - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
tired

Your opinion:do these things work

Do any of you take any of the pills like TrimSpa, or Stacker 2 or anything like that. I am wondering if anyone has success or disappointment stories. I am starting to work out again, and trying to eat better. I am just trying to see if these work in boosting your metabolism. Any opinions welcome. Thanks

~Laura~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

I use the Hydroxycut and it seems to help a little. If you are eating clean and getting plenty of cardio, you will lean up.... just be patient.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 05:28 PM
CFH

Xenadrine is some good stuff. I lost some weight with that. As long as you work out while using any of these things you'll see results.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 11:58 PM
IGOSLO

they are suppost to work, look at Anna Nicole Smith
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 12:06 AM

I've taken Stacker 3's because I drive at night and they give you a LOT of energy. I dont really recomend pills though because if you do too strenuous of a work out your heart can fail. Just as long as you eat healthy and do daily exercise you can trim up. Eating alot of fish and shrimp is good for you too.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Lifer

I took Xenedrine once and did see decent results, but I was also busting my ass in the gym and watching what I ate. The thing that I liked most about Xenedrine was that it really did suppress the appetite.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 10:37 AM

I still pop stackers 2's with ephedra in them occasionaly before a workout. Gives me some extra energy on days I haven't gotten proper sleep or have been on my feet all day at work.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
tired

Thanx for all the replies, keep 'em coming. I am thinking about just trying by myself for a while, then if I haven't noticed anything yet, maybe try the pills.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Lifer

If you're active and eat well, why take an appetite suppressant? There's a reason you're hungry and as long as you eat clean you're good to go.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll5.0
If you're active and eat well, why take an appetite suppressant? There's a reason you're hungry and as long as you eat clean you're good to go.
Because I am a fat pig!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Hired Hand

They all work as good as the diet you are on while taking them. Theese kind of suppliments will help you lose bodyfat a little faster, but you have to be losing it through diet and exercise to begin with. If you aren't already seeing progress naturally don't waste your money.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Boost?
They all work as good as the diet you are on while taking them. Theese kind of suppliments will help you lose bodyfat a little faster, but you have to be losing it through diet and exercise to begin with. If you aren't already seeing progress naturally don't waste your money.
Absolutely. I don't think that there is such a thing as a pill that will do it all. They just facilitate the fat loss WHILE you are busting your ass. (Most of them don't work either).
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Baller

You're not gonna get real noticable results with a supplement. Id reccomned not spending money on them at all. If you take anything take protein powder. Creatine helps mass alittle, but it doesn't increase strength. Just diet...its cheaper and ig you have discipline, easier than trying to remember to take pills at this time or that.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
You're not gonna get real noticable results with a supplement. Id reccomned not spending money on them at all. If you take anything take protein powder. Creatine helps mass alittle, but it doesn't increase strength. Just diet...its cheaper and ig you have discipline, easier than trying to remember to take pills at this time or that.

Not true. I'm not sure about the new stuff, but the old ECA stacks worked great for helping to burn a few extra calories. My point was that you have to be able to get into a caloric deficit on your own before taking any suppliments will help.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 02:47 PM

pills are great for those of us that dont like cardio ive done zero cardio and lost 22 pounds recently
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternu
pills are great for those of us that dont like cardio ive done zero cardio and lost 22 pounds recently
You didn't eat a bunch of crap top do that though. You have to be dieting effectively without suppliments to see any long-term benefits of any fat-burners or metabolic enhancers.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
tired

Another question: How long will it take for my body to get used to eating significantly less. I am cutting all my meals in half, at least, and I eat a few snacks during the day such as fruits or yogurt. But I feel like I am starving all the time.

~Laura~
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura07
Another question: How long will it take for my body to get used to eating significantly less. I am cutting all my meals in half, at least, and I eat a few snacks during the day such as fruits or yogurt. But I feel like I am starving all the time.

~Laura~
Eat when you're hungry, but don't eat crap and don't stuff yourself. If possible, get your schedule together where you can eat a light meal every few hours.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Baller

mary kate told me its best not to eat at all.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
mary kate told me its best not to eat at all.

That's just wrong dude.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 06:58 AM

Quote:
You didn't eat a bunch of crap top do that though. You have to be dieting effectively without suppliments to see any long-term benefits of any fat-burners or metabolic enhancers.
true. i dont eat like crap every day.. but if i want something im gonna eat it. now beer, thats the hard one to give up
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Lifer

A lot of times cutting back the total amount of calories is not as important as when you take them in. If you can spread them out during the day you will burn them better than if you eat almost nothing all day and then eat a big dinner. Unfortunately that is what happens to most of us during the work week.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:

~Laura~

You'll adjust in a few days, but make sure that you haven't made your caloric intake too low or your metabolism will slow down to make of for the lack in calories. The key is to eat about 500 calories less than you burn in a day, and to eat those calories as often through the day as possible. Throw the old school "three meals a day" mentaity out the window, it is best to graze all day long. A "meal" can be as little as a cup of yogurt and some carrot sticks, then wait an hour or two and eat another "meal". Snacking is your friend as long as you do it all day lond instead of sitting down to one big meal.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Time Served

Quote:

~Laura~
I wouldnt take any stacker 3 if you can still find em or other ephedra products while not eating, the point of those pills where caffeine for energy, ephedra for hunger suppression, and willow bark as a blood thinner. ull make urself sick, most of the companys now removed it and they still work u just have to get into a good eating pattern. if your gonna be doing tons of cardio hell u could eat 6 times a day or if you are just going to take the pills 3 meals a day should work.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
tired

Quote:
You'll adjust in a few days, but make sure that you haven't made your caloric intake too low or your metabolism will slow down to make of for the lack in calories. The key is to eat about 500 calories less than you burn in a day, and to eat those calories as often through the day as possible. Throw the old school "three meals a day" mentaity out the window, it is best to graze all day long. A "meal" can be as little as a cup of yogurt and some carrot sticks, then wait an hour or two and eat another "meal". Snacking is your friend as long as you do it all day lond instead of sitting down to one big meal.
Yeah, that's what I do is eat a few snacks throughout the day. I bring yogurt and carrot sticks, and banana's, etc. to work for snacks. It's working out ok. Just sometimes I feel like I'm starving, even after I eat a snack.

~Laura~
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsLs1
I wouldnt take any stacker 3 if you can still find em or other ephedra products while not eating, the point of those pills where caffeine for energy, ephedra for hunger suppression, and willow bark as a blood thinner. ull make urself sick, most of the companys now removed it and they still work u just have to get into a good eating pattern. if your gonna be doing tons of cardio hell u could eat 6 times a day or if you are just going to take the pills 3 meals a day should work.

The benefits of an ECA stack go well beyond their appetite suppressing effects. The primary function of Epedra (E) is to speed up the metabolism while preserving lean mass. The caffiene (C) is added for a higher effect on the metabolism and is a diuretic for additional weight loss, and the Aspirin (A) thins the blood so that the other two assimilate more efficiently, and waste (burned fat) is carried away more effectively.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The benefits of an ECA stack go well beyond their appetite suppressing effects. The primary function of Epedra (E) is to speed up the metabolism while preserving lean mass. The caffiene (C) is added for a higher effect on the metabolism and is a diuretic for additional weight loss, and the Aspirin (A) thins the blood so that the other two assimilate more efficiently, and waste (burned fat) is carried away more effectively.
Wow, thanks Got Boost?! I always wondered what ECA stood for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement