Ab/Lower Back Workout - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
OC
Lifer

Ab/Lower Back Workout

I am trying to develop my Abs/Lower back basically my core. I have a lower back injury so I am trying to strengthen this up. Does anyone have a good Ab/Lower Back workout/part of their workout.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 03:04 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

supermans. lay on your stomach with legs straight behind you and arms out in front. lift your upper body and legs off the ground, so only your abs are on the ground. Hold then lower. rinse and repeat.
you can do lots with a medicine ball also.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
OC
Lifer

Thanks Shorty,

Does anyone know anything good for the lower abs? most of the excersises I've seen tend to work the upper abs and not the lower.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 02:08 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

lay flat on your back, arms to your sides. keeping your legs straight, lift and hold your feet 6" off the ground. hold for 2 or 3 seconds. kinda like crunchs with your legs instead of upper body. You can also do flutter kicks, kicking like you're swimming while holding your feet 6" off the ground. Or holding them 6" up, opening and closing your legs laterally.

edit just thought of another one but you'd need a partner. laying on your back, you have the partner stand right behind your head. you hold onto their ankles, then keeping your legs straight lift them 90* up in the air. your partner pushes your legs back towards the floor, and you hold them before they hit. Those will kill your lower abs.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
edit just thought of another one but you'd need a partner. laying on your back, you have the partner stand right behind your head. you hold onto their ankles, then keeping your legs straight lift them 90* up in the air. your partner pushes your legs back towards the floor, and you hold them before they hit. Those will kill your lower abs.
these are what kill my lower abs. You can have your partner throw them side to side also.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
lay flat on your back, arms to your sides. keeping your legs straight, lift and hold your feet 6" off the ground. hold for 2 or 3 seconds. kinda like crunchs with your legs instead of upper body. You can also do flutter kicks, kicking like you're swimming while holding your feet 6" off the ground. Or holding them 6" up, opening and closing your legs laterally.

I think Shorty was in the military..?

Back hyperextensions are good too. If you work out at a gym, they usually have a "platform" for this...It sits at an angle, has a place to lock your heals in and it supports you at the waist. You simply go below vertical and come back up to "straight" body posture. This is one of my favs. Here is a cool link that shows you how to do all kinds of exercises Yes, actual moving images of the exercises! For lower abs I like leg extensions. No, not those. The ones where you support yourself with your arms. Most gyms have a dip/leg extension platform. It supports the back area and you lift your legs out in front of you. Another good one for lower abs is another form of leg extension where you sit on one end of a flat bench, put your palms down on each corner of the bench beside your legs and extend your legs forward, pause, and bring them back in. When that gets easy, grip a 5 pound weight between your feet.. Hope this helps.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef93gt
I am trying to develop my Abs/Lower back basically my core. I have a lower back injury so I am trying to strengthen this up. Does anyone have a good Ab/Lower Back workout/part of their workout.

Thanks
Oh, BTW, I have a lower back injury too. I was injured in an ATV accident when I was 11..I'm 30 now. Didn't really bother me at first, but as the years came on, I found out just how important it is to keep those muscles and the opposing muscles(abs) strong and in shape. I really feel it if I slack at the gym.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 11:46 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked5_01
I think Shorty was in the military..?
highschool football...but close enough at times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement