Question about weight loss/conditioning program - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Question about weight loss/conditioning program

So, I need to drop some weight, and I'm taking a multi prong approach to it:

1. Lap Swimming 3 x week @ 45 min
2. Walking 5-6 x a week @ 30 min, increasing to 1 hr after 2 weeks
3. Weight program, as specified by trainer thru 24hr fitness, which will also mix in some cardio (bike work), as well as 3 30 minute areboic workout sessions thru the club a week.

From the diet side, I've decided to take a sensible portion, lower carb under 50 a day)/high protien approach. I'll do a low carb salad for lunch, a protien shake around 3, a protien bar around 5, and a light , protien dense dinner around 8. The shake and bar count for about 25 and 22 grams of protien respectively.

Also using a Nutrilite Double X multivitamin, possibly.

I've gone on an alcohol hiatus, at least until I "kick start" this, and have dropped cigarettes, and switched to an occasional dip or cigar.

Any comments, suggestions, what to do, what not to do, aminoes to include, or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 07-29-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Time Served

Looks good except the lower carb thing. It is important to not take in too many carbs but not to limit a normal diets worth. You should be more concerned about lowering your calorie intake than carbs. Honestly I don't understand this nation-wide low carb thing. People pass-out cold when they don't get enough carbs in them. Shure it will make you lose weight but you will always be feeling weak. Bodybuilders pretty much take in that many carbs a day(for a few weeks before a competion), and most will say that they are about to pass-out after workouts and such. The reason, good carbs give us energy to get through the day. Kick the bad carbs(beer, sugars, etc..) but don't take them out of your diet completely. Get your carbs in side dishes like rice, pasta, and patatos to your meals.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Time Served

Are you trying to gain muscle and lose fat, or just lose fat?

If you are only trying to lose, just keep your calories down.. its simple. A friend of mine and I both lost quite a bit of wait going to a 300 calorie ish lean cuisine type lunch, diet cokes only and a foot long subway (or similar) for dinner. Few odds and end snacks through out the day (apples mostly). I also started running 2-3 miles 3 times a week. (first 2 weeks were only 1-1.5miles).

When I ate out with friends, etc, I would just skip the little stuff. IE, if I was craving a hamburger from Bennigans, I would get one.. but get steamed veggies instead of fries.

I cant stand to drink sports drinks/cokes anymore.. Its like wasted calories. I drink water and diet cokes.

Now, I am trying to gain muscle and eat a shitload of protien and carbs. break it up into 6 meals or so. few protien shakes, etc. (just started this, see how it works.. so far so good)

-2010 TTCamaro SS
-2006 Vortech C6 Z06
-1993 RX7, LS1 powered (sold)
-1994 1000+hp Turbo Camaro (sold)
www.momentumautosports.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement