My Atkins experience Revised: - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

My Atkins experience Revised:

Keep in mind that I rarely go into third-fourth phase of the diet.

Before I ever started Atkins: (About 198lbs 34in waist/44reg suit jacket/bench 225lb 5 sets/5 reps) I got on the diet and went exactly how the website said to do the diet. I had 20g of carbs and I didn't think about the other calories or protein. I had no energy and didn't go to the gym the whole two weeks

After the two week period: (181lbs/32in waist/42reg/bench 180lbs 5 sets/5 reps) I lost weight yes, but my muscle suffered tremendously. I was lean though. Not magazine quality but when I lifted you could see the difference.

Layed off dieting. Got back up to 190 again.

For the past month I've been doing Atkins. Start195lbs/34in waist/44reg/225lbs 5 sets/5 reps) Did it the websites way again but this time I lifted. No energy but, I pushed through it. Did that for two weeks. Got down to (189lbs/34in waist/44reg/same bench)

For the past two weeks, I've just been making sure to keep my carb intake at a mininum with complex carbs, but I included lots of protein from shakes and food about 150-190 daily, plus creatine. I lift in moderation everyday. By moderation I mean i lift with 75% of my max for reps. Just yesterday I'm now (193/33waist/44reg/225lbs 3 sets of 10 reps)

I'm pretty happy. I think I've found what works for me. I keep it low carb but, when I need an energy boost or I just get sick of eggs and bacon. I grab some whole wheat toast. I make sure I get my cardio (not much at all but, I get it) Last week I did some sprints in the field, that was hard! But for the most part I like treating my workouts with Aerobic and anaerobic excercises together, that's why I do reps with 225lbs.

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Recovering Lush

The latest copy of Dr Atkins book is a vast improvement.

100s of recipes, meal planning, and it spends a lot more time on the physical side of atkins.

I started back this week, but im doing it a little different.....more chicken breast, and venison, than "Steak and eggs." When i do do eggs, ive done either yokless, or egg substitutes.

I start the work out portion of it next week, so we'll see.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement