I feel so much better, and I've lost quite a bit... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
How you doin'

I feel so much better, and I've lost quite a bit...

i'm down to 230lbs, now, and i've been sticking to my diet and exercise routine. soon, it will be time to step it up a notch and try to build some more muscle. i haven't been doing much lifting, because i haven't been having a lot of time, in the evenings, but i'm going to start and change my diet, a little, to accomodate muscle building. i really don't plan on going crazy, but i need to build some muscle to keep my metabolism high...so maybe i can cheat every now and then. i still have a lot of weight and size to lose, though...i really want to be in the 215lbs range with muscle and a somewhat decent body fat percentage. i also want to get back into 34 waist pants. hopefully, this will happen soon! i'm looking forward to it. i should've taken some before, during, and after pictures, but i didn't think ahead, i guess. they would've deffinitely kept my drive going, since all that i see now, is that i still have a lot to lose. since i see myself, every day, all i can really go off of are the scale and how my clothes fit...but some people, that haven't seen me in a few weeks, told me that they could tell that i've lost some weight, especially in the face...so that gives me some hope! anyway, sorry for the long post...

brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
i should've taken some before, during, and after pictures, but i didn't think ahead, i guess. they would've deffinitely kept my drive going, since all that i see now, is that i still have a lot to lose. since i see myself, every day, all i can really go off of are the scale and how my clothes fit...but some people, that haven't seen me in a few weeks, told me that they could tell that i've lost some weight, especially in the face...so that gives me some hope!d

Go ahead and take some pics today, they may not be true "before" shots, but progress pics are a great motivator. Like you are saying, it's hard to notice progress on a day to day basis, but weekly pics is a great way to quantify and re-evaluate your program.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 10:52 AM
The Big Matt

yes, pictures are your friend. Also take measurements. Chest, arms, legs, waist, neck, etc.

Then compare as you progress. You'll see the areas you are building muscle, and others where you are losing fat.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
yes, pictures are your friend. Also take measurements. Chest, arms, legs, waist, neck, etc.

Then compare as you progress. You'll see the areas you are building muscle, and others where you are losing fat.
how is your progress coming along?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Lifer

Congrats Brad! You seem a lil tall for 215lbs and a size 34 waist though.. but good luck with all that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement