After a year of rotator cuff injury...... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
I gots famous friends

After a year of rotator cuff injury......

I pushed up 225 on the flat bench today. I have laid off of any kind of barbell type benching and stuck with dumbells, but I was pushing up 90 lbs pretty comfortably on the dumbells and tried 100 lbs a few times and it felt OK so I went ahead and worked out on the barbell today.

I did 2x6 on the 225 and it went OK... so I think I'll see how that goes for awhile.

I'm also down to 168 lbs @ 5'6, trying to stick right around there and continue to lose that last inch or so around the middle.

It's hard when you're old.... LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
I gots famous friends

....... and then today I was feeling even better so I went for it and pushed up 315 a couple of times.

If I continue to feel injury free, on Wed I will attempt my old workout weight of 405.....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Foxaholic

Why?

One of the hardest exercises on your RC.

No reason to go back to BP, but if you must...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Foxaholic

Here is an example from another post right off of this website...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by can'tdrive55
Be careful with that shoulder. I have had 2 rotator cuff surgeries and it still bugs me sometimes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tore my rotator cuff a long time ago. and then in jan, i was making a comeback at the gym.. got up to benchign 365 for sets of 15.. decided to get brave and put on 405.. it felt light. but i was doing adeep strechs and i guess wasnt warm enough.. it popped again.
i have recouped and and am real carefull. i bench real slowly now so my repps suffer.. im sticking to 405 for sets of 5-6 per set.. but i can do some more reps on inline with the dumbells as it doesnt seem to hurt it as much..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that I learned from my biomechanics studies is that there are several exercises that do more harm than good and should have been scratched a long time ago. Just use your head and listen to your body.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad89stang
Here is an example from another post right off of this website...

quote:
Originally posted by can'tdrive55
Be careful with that shoulder. I have had 2 rotator cuff surgeries and it still bugs me sometimes.

i tore my rotator cuff a long time ago. and then in jan, i was making a comeback at the gym.. got up to benchign 365 for sets of 15.. decided to get brave and put on 405.. it felt light. but i was doing adeep strechs and i guess wasnt warm enough.. it popped again.
i have recouped and and am real carefull. i bench real slowly now so my repps suffer.. im sticking to 405 for sets of 5-6 per set.. but i can do some more reps on inline with the dumbells as it doesnt seem to hurt it as much..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that I learned from my biomechanics studies is that there are several exercises that do more harm than good and should have been scratched a long time ago. Just use your head and listen to your body.
What he said. Listen to the body.. take it VERY slow after an injury. Congrats on getting back in there...a lot never make it back.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
I gots famous friends

Well truth be told I was fudging a little on the weight.. LOL. I don't think I will ever bench 315 in a lifetime... ha ha.

The most I have ever worked out with was 245 with a max of 265.

I think I will stick mostly with barbell weights and maybe a couple of times a month try out the bench but not go too crazy. I am not trying to win a prize or anything, just stay in good shape and what not.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Foxaholic

You'll be fine then...

Good luck and stay with it!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
I gots famous friends

Whoops I meant I will stick with DUMBELLS... yeah that's what I meant.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Banned

Damn, good for you. If I remember right, you looked like you weighed quite a bit more then 170 when I picked up Beej's cam.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
I gots famous friends

I think the most I have ever weighed is 178

You should have seen me 5 years ago when I weighed 128
I was just about dead back then.

Man was I ripped, though......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement