"The Gym" in Carrollton - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

"The Gym" in Carrollton

Anyone work out there? Since I cant go to Gold's anymore, I was thinking about checking out this place. Their website makes it seem nice...
http://www.thegymdallas.com/

I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions/experiences?

- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Lifer

I have worked out at 24 hour at trinity mills for almost 8 years now, I have always liked working out there, but I guess I am biased. They are actually building a new Liftime fitness across the street, and I went and talked to them, and they seem like they are willing to match rates just to get people to come over there from 24 hr. Lifetime is bad ass too. You might check it out, they have just started building it, but said it will be done in a few months.

I dont know if that will do you any good since you are going back to school in a few months.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 05:59 PM
The Big Matt

lifetime is like 200 down and 65 a month...

fuck all that

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Ha, I think i'll pass on the $65 a month... and I will be going back to school at the end of August. I just need a place to lift for 3-4 months.
I'm gonna go over there and check it out when I get off work tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what I find out.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

I'll update this for anyone that cares:

I went and checked it out today. I went at the time I would normally be working out to see how crowded it was. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that it was not to crowded, and that there were some big dudes in there. A plus in my book. I figure they have to be doing something right, and maybe one (or a few) or them could give me some advice. (except for that guy swinging around like a damn monkey while doing curls )

The equipment is older than the stuff I was using at Gold's or what we have at the rec at Texas Tech, but damn, weights are weights right?

There was a wide range of dumbbellsm machines, racks, etc. also.

And one of the biggest selling points; they offer a student discount. 3 months (while I'm here for summer) is only 70 something dollars.

I was pressed for time today, so I will probably go back tomorrow to join. Between having a new gym to lift at and going back to slinging tires at DT again, I'm hoping this will be a very productive summer

- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement