rotator cuff issues - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Chassis Service
 
JamesB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: in my shop
Posts: 3,328
rotator cuff issues

I have a reaccurring rotator problem that is acting up again. Can anybody tell me the exercises to stay away from, to help not to do anymore damage? I noticed that when I flat bench, if I bring the bar all the way to my chest, I can feel the rotator cuff pulling. So what are the others that I need not to do?
JamesB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Re: rotator cuff issues

Quote:
Originally posted by JamesB
I have a reaccurring rotator problem that is acting up again. Can anybody tell me the exercises to stay away from, to help not to do anymore damage? I noticed that when I flat bench, if I bring the bar all the way to my chest, I can feel the rotator cuff pulling. So what are the others that I need not to do?
i have an old rotator cuff injury. and honestly. unless you get it operated on. it will always bug you.. the only think i dont do is incline barbell bench.. and its normaly fine.. just have to warm it up extra.
White_lightning is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 02:07 PM
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
you could try doing some easy shoulder excercises with light wights. It may make it a little beter.

Front raises, side raises, military press, easy stuff like that with light weight, if it does not bother you, move up a little, but only if you are not having any iritation.
893 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 02:21 PM
The Big Matt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Re: rotator cuff issues

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
i have an old rotator cuff injury. and honestly. unless you get it operated on. it will always bug you.. the only think i dont do is incline barbell bench.. and its normaly fine.. just have to warm it up extra.
how many times do i have to say it??

Falling off the toilet and onto your shoulder, while whacking off is not a sports injury....

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Re: Re: Re: rotator cuff issues

Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Matt
how many times do i have to say it??

Falling off the toilet and onto your shoulder, while whacking off is not a sports injury....

are you stupid????


thats not how i hurt my shoulder...



Thats how i tore my hamstring
White_lightning is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 02:41 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 285
Stryk 3 GT is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Chassis Service
 
JamesB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: in my shop
Posts: 3,328
I actually tore mine wrestling around with my son. Damn 3 year old punked me out. LOL

I had a shot injected into it last year and the problem went away for a long time, but now I am getting back into working out and it is flaring up again.
JamesB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome