Home workout system - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
the green kind

Home workout system

Would something like this be worth my money?

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00615983000

We have a workout room at my apartment complex but the place is always packed.

Is this a decent looking setup? if not, what would you recommend?

Thank you!
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:07 PM

in the past no.. i wouldnt waste my money on that.. honestly.. im not sure if they have changed since... but what you need to look at is warranty... a company only willing to warranty their stuff for 90 days is obviously not sure their product will last that long.. these wont be as smooth.. or as comfortable... or have as good as warranty as some of the others.. but they get quite pricey.. alot also depends on how much room you have.. tuff stuff, parabody, pacific fitness and vectra are usually the big guys in home equipment.. local company called multisports isnt the best.. but will be better than weider... and quite a bit less expensive than the others listed... if you watch.. most people that are selling used equipment are selling weider stuff... people ususally dont keep it... check with fitness unlimited.. they have several stores in houston and sell both used and new equipment..good luck
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
the green kind

thanks! I'll make sure the things gonna last, if not make sure they'll fix/replace it for free..

I'm gonna check into the places you have listed.

Thanks again!

Nick

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Time Served

just get a membership to a gym

best thing you can get for the money
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 08:08 AM

i see the benefits of both a gym membership and a home gym.. its hard for alot of people to go to the gym after work.. alot of people want to go home after a hard day.. but those that can force themselves to go have the benefits of having every piece of equipment there and available for them, they dont have to worry about the mess or the maintenance.. but...with a home gym.. you can do it whenever you want..your temperature... your tv or radio stations.. and you dont have to wait in line behind people that use the equipment for an arm rest and tell you they are using it

anyways.. i go to a gym.. it works best for me at this time.. eventually when i buy a house i will have a home gym there as well
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
the green kind

I really think a home gym system will work better for me.

Looking into all options.. so maybe I'll check out the gym thing also.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

Next home gym I buy will be a bowflex. I just don't like how movement is really restricted with normal home gyms and it just doesn't feel like it's working as much.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
the green kind

That would be nice. Thing is, if I had $1000+ to spend... the Mustang would get it.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Banned

Bottom of the line models are only about $500 new and you can sometimes find them used(people buying, never using) for about $350-450. You just have to look. Someone on the board is selling a top of the line $1500 XTLU for $800. I know that's still high but never-the-less a good deal.

I have a total gym 1500 that I bought for $200. Works great. I just don't like having to set it up. My place is kinda small so I store it in a closet when not in use. Only takes a few minutes to set up but I'm lazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement