Got ques about my Diet?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Got ques about my Diet??

I was wondering what everyone thought of my diet, and is it hurting my gains.

I usaully eat 2 eggs in the morning for breakfast with a glass of milk. About 3 hours later I'll go out to eat at like Subway. I'll have a grilled chicken sandwich with wheat bread no cheese. Sometimes it's a foot long and other times it's just a 6 inch. If I go to Chipolte I'll eat a Fijita burrito which is filled with white rice, green peppers and onions, chicken and cheese and lettuce. During the dya I try to drink at least 32 ounces of gatorade an a few glasses of water a day. For dinner I try to eat some sort of chicken or steak. I know I need to eat more for one, But is the lunch time meals and going out to eat often killing my diet?

Thanks for your comments

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 03:03 PM
None

What is your definition of "Gains"? Are you looking to lose body fat, gain mass or gain strength?

Each one is going to require a different approach to your diet.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

I want to gain mass and strength. I'm not looking to compete just bulk up a bit

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:34 PM

First thing I'd do is kill the Gatoraid...that's too much salt. I'd only drink that if you're working out really hard and then only after...just makes me thursty durring. Too much of that stuff makes you retain water.

I'd throw in a protien shake or a protien bar for a couple of meals. I love Nitro-Tech by Muscle-Tech...tastes good it's one of the best on the market. For a protien bar, just look for something with low carbs...

If you're not worried about weight gain, penut butter helps put on bulk and make sure you're eating with in about 30min of your work outs.

What rutien you're doing also plays a part...make sure you're getting at least 6 sets in with a super set at the end. That along put muscle on me fast!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice, Johnny

I'll cut make on Gatorade and drink more water. plus add in a protein drink also.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkHrse99
Thanks for the advice, Johnny

I'll cut make on Gatorade and drink more water. plus add in a protein drink also.
Skim milk is great too, it has protein and carbs that plain water doesn't.

The only way your current diet is hurting progress is because you either aren't eating enough, or you aren't getting enough protein, or both. Try to write down your entire intake for a week. Break it down per day by macronutrient (carb, protein, fat) as well as overall calories. Without knowing where you are at you can't evaluate what changes need to be made.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 05:47 PM

I agree. Throw some protein shakes in there and I would eat a bigger breakfast. You should start looking at how many calories and protein your taking in a day. I don't know how much you weigh , but the ol' rule of thumb is around 2 grams of protein per lb of lean body mass. I try to intake between 500 - 600 grams of protein a day. remember to keep your calories up to. Don't be afraid of dat fryed chacken every once in awhile!. You gain by eating more than you burn.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

I'll keep the food grams in mind, I'm kinda affraid if I eat alot all the gains are going to go to my stomach area first before it goes to my muscle.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkHrse99
I'll keep the food grams in mind, I'm kinda affraid if I eat alot all the gains are going to go to my stomach area first before it goes to my muscle.
That's why you count your calories, eating alot and eating too much are too different things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement