rapid weight loss diet - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

rapid weight loss diet

Got this off another board and there were several people posting up with some promising results.

Basic Fat Burning Soup
From Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital, Cumberland MD

4 Cloves Garlic
6 Large Green Onions
1 or 2 28oz Cans Stewed Tomatoes
1 Large Cabbage
12 Cups Water
6 Carrots
2 Green Peppers
1 Bunch Celery
3 Packs Lipton Soup, Beef or Onion
3 Packs low sodium Chicken Bullion

Cut vegetables in small to medium pieces and cover with water. Season with salt, pepper, curry, parsley if desired, or bullion or hot sauce. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, this soup can be eaten anytime you are hungry. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want; this soup will not add calories. The more you eat the more you lose. Fill the thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day, if eaten alone for indefinite periods, you will suffer malnutrition.

Day 1 – all fruits, except bananas. Cantaloupe and watermelon are lower in calories than most fruits. For drinks, unsweetened tea, water or cranberry juice.

Day 2 – all vegetables; eat until you are stuffed with all fresh raw or canned vegetables. Try to eat leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat along with the soup. At dinner time on this day, reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. Do not eat any fruits.

Day 3 – eat all the soup, fruits and veggies you want. Do not have a potato. If you have eaten for three days as above and have NOT cheated, you will find you have lost 5 to 7 pounds.

Day 4 – bananas and Skim Milk; eat as many as 3 bananas and drink as many glasses of water as you can on the day along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates and so is the mild, but on this particular day your body will need the potassium and the carbohydrates, proteins and calcium to lessen your cravings for sweets.

Day 5 – Beef and Tomatoes; you may have 10-20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes or as many as 6 fresh tomatoes on this day. Try to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water this day to wash away the uric acid in your body. Eat soup at least once this day.

Day 6 – Beef and Veggies; eat to your hearts content the beef and veggies on this day. You can have 2-3 steaks if you like with green leafy veggies, but no baked potato. Be sure and to eat the soup at least once today.

Day 7 – Brown Rice, unsweetened fruit and veggies; again stuff yourself. Be sure to have the sup at least once today.

At the end of the 7th Day, if you have NOT cheated you will have lost 10-17 pounds. If you have lose more than 15 pounds stay off of the diet 2 days before resuming.
This diet can be used as often as you like. As a matter of fact, if correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well being as never before.
This diet is fast, fat burning and the secret is that you will burn more calories than you take in. it will flush your system. This diet does not lend itself to drinking any alcoholic beverages at any time, because of the removal of fat build-up in your system. Go off the diet at least 24 hrs before you intake any alcohol.
Because everyone’s digestive system is different, this diet will affect everyone differently. After Day 3 you will have more energy that you had when you started if you DO NOT CHEAT. After being on the diet for several days, you will find your bowel movements have changed, eat a cup of bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don’t need the caffeine after the 3rd day.
Definite NO NO’s; bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks, including diet drinks. Stick with water, unsweetened juice, tea, coffee with no sugar, cranberry juice and milk.
This diet soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry. Eat as much as you want. The more you eat, the more you lose. No fried foods or bread. You can eat broiled or baked skinless chicken instead of beef.
Any prescribed medication will not hurt you on this diet. Continue this plan as long as you wish and feel the difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:32 AM

Then eat a hamburger and gain it all back in 2 days.

It's been my experience that rapid weight-loss = rapid weight gain. The best way is a lifestyle change, not a quick-fix.

$0.02
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:51 PM
STEP UP !

If I remember correctly this diet comes from a Doctor who prescribes for his really obese (sp) people....I tried this along time ago to lose some vanity weight for a martial arts tournement...It taste like crap! ! ! !

Last edited by Hankman; 05-11-2004 at 05:34 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:57 PM

Isn't that a diet that the American Heart Association recommends when an obese patient needs to lose weight quickly in order to be healthy enough to have surgery?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 10:45 PM
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashStitches
Then eat a hamburger and gain it all back in 2 days.

It's been my experience that rapid weight-loss = rapid weight gain. The best way is a lifestyle change, not a quick-fix.

$0.02
thats true, i knew a few people who did this and yes they lost the weight but if u dont watch it boom its right back on ya
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 02:59 PM
The Big Matt

I decided to try it...

being the resident fad diet tryer...

<--- lost 50 pounds on Atkins, with no exercise.

I'll try this, for a week, and see what happens. I don't think it's a good diet at all for long tem goals, but for a quick loss, to help jumpstart a good diet, i don't see a problem with it.

I did some research online about it, and i'm willing to give it a week. Hell it's just 7 days.

I'll keep you guys updated. But be known this diet is not a diet from the Mayo Clinic, the Heart Association, or any Hospital.. it is just a fad diet passed around. But there really isn't anything wierd in this diet, a good source of fruit and veggies, and protien, low fat, some decent carbs, just not much on complex carbs...

But like i said, i'll give it a shot and let you know
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 02:38 PM

Losing lots of weight rapidly triggers your body's starvation reflex, and it starts burning calories much slower. That's a big cause of the rapid weight gain after the loss.

Slow and steady, gentlemen.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashStitches
The best way is a lifestyle change, not a quick-fix.
since febuary, I started only drink water, and eat a bit healtier, and not as much.. went to a period of about a month getting used to it(Water, smaller meals, better-for-you meals, still not a blanced diet), then for about 3 weeks, I was just never hungry.. damn metoblism.. now im getting back to a healty dite, lost about 40lbs, and starting to eat apples and oranges and other crap like that (when I never wanted to eat these before) insted of candy and cokes.

life is crazy.

skrew quick weight loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement