Looosing the Fat around my Stomach - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Looosing the Fat around my Stomach

Right now in my routine i have zero Cardio in my workout. If I start running 20 minutes 3 times a week, do you think I could lose the fat around my waistline, without taking away from me gaining muscle? I plan to up my protien,and change my routine around to get out of the platue I'm in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 03:13 PM

cardio is part of it.. eating habits is the rest.. what are your habits with alcohol, starchy carbs, sugars.. and you eat once a day, twice, six times? so many things to factor in..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 09:28 PM

I've been curious about the same thing.

What are some things to stay away from as far starchy carbs, and sugars?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 08:59 AM

im sure everyone is a little different... but guys i know that have competed.. stay away from pastas, breads, alot of rice, potatos.. and as far as sugars they stay away from as much as they can.. including fruits, dairy, soda, candy..cant remember it all.. it sucks for the first 2-3 weeks but you get used to it eventually..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 03:57 AM

Lots of regular cardio mixed with a good high protein, low fat diet. That's a start. It's all about eating the right foods at the right time. Try eating smaller portions 5-6 times per day rather than bombard your stomach with three HUGE meals that take forever to absorb and digest.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 11:50 AM
The Franchise

whats a good diet to be on to lose weight to get more toned but not big and stocky
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 01:46 AM

you will have to have carbs or you will loose mass. Maybe cutting total carbs and sugars would be good for a competition. Not sure what your goals are. Carb intake in the morning is best and get lighter during the day. Thats a good cardio routine for keeping mass too. Running for only 30 (and nothing over) minutes on your cardio day, 2-3 times a week. Rice is a clean carb and sweet potatoes are excellent. Stay completely away from regular potatoes. They are not needed even for bulking. yams are alot cleaner and have far more benefits. Remember that fat loss is overall. You cannot lose it in sections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement