six pack - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Texan

six pack

i have been working my abs hard for about 2 weeks every night and i cant tell much of a difference, i know it takes a lot more time than that but i was just wondering, what is the best work out routine to get a six pack, is more of it in eating than the work out, any help would be great, right now im 6'3"/187lbs. thanks.

steven

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Lifer

I'm no expert, but the biggest part of getting that six pack is dropping the fat. Building the muscles sure helps, but your abs are very resilient and very hard to work. Easy to do situps and what not, but much harder to build than say your biceps. It's like they say, "Everyone has a six pack...the trick is getting down there to it."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Swoll5.0
I'm no expert, but the biggest part of getting that six pack is dropping the fat. Building the muscles sure helps, but your abs are very resilient and very hard to work. Easy to do situps and what not, but much harder to build than say your biceps. It's like they say, "Everyone has a six pack...the trick is getting down there to it."
I'll let that ride!!!!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 07:13 AM
Lifer

Re: six pack

Quote:
Originally posted by 0 GT 2
i have been working my abs hard for about 2 weeks every night and i cant tell much of a difference, i know it takes a lot more time than that but i was just wondering, what is the best work out routine to get a six pack, is more of it in eating than the work out, any help would be great, right now im 6'3"/187lbs. thanks.

steven
6 pack? I've got a pony keg now and am working on a full sized keg!

<---------------6'3" 265lbs
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Crash Test Dummy

It's all in the diet.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
It's all in the diet.
Exacty. Even a 120 twig has a six-pack, it's the way the human body is made, regardless of muscle size. Granted, a trained set of abs will be a bit more defined and overall apealing than just a bone-thin waif with paper-thin skin, so don't give up on the crunches. Even the strongest, best conditioned set of ab muscles can be shrouded under a layer of fat though. Picture power lifters, they are quite large and muscular, but most of them have round bellies because of the extra fat they are carrying to support their strength training.

In short terms, rid your body of fat and wok your abs every other day for the best results.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
It's all in the diet.
What kind of "diet" do you recommend? I have the same problem w/ my stomach and legs. I can't seem to shed the extra fat on my tummy after having my daughter... and my thighs have always been bigger than I'd like.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by redheadintx
What kind of "diet" do you recommend?
A low-fat calorie-specific mix of complex carbs, protein, and a little un-saturated fat. A girl your size would probably need about 1500 calories a day to see a reduction in bodyfat, maybe as low as 100 a day depending on your activity level and lean mass. If you burn 300-500 calories with cardio a day up it to 1500-1800 calories per day. Stay away from breads, starches, refined sugars, and saturayed fats. Good carb sources are whole-grain rice, yams, veggies, whole-grain pasta, and an occasional potato. Keep your protein sources as lean as possible, good choices are fish, chicken, tukey, and an occasional lean red meat for iron/creatine.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
A low-fat calorie-specific mix of complex carbs, protein, and a little un-saturated fat. A girl your size would probably need about 1500 calories a day to see a reduction in bodyfat, maybe as low as 100 a day depending on your activity level and lean mass. If you burn 300-500 calories with cardio a day up it to 1500-1800 calories per day. Stay away from breads, starches, refined sugars, and saturayed fats. Good carb sources are whole-grain rice, yams, veggies, whole-grain pasta, and an occasional potato. Keep your protein sources as lean as possible, good choices are fish, chicken, tukey, and an occasional lean red meat for iron/creatine.
Good advice. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement