Anyone work at a 24hr Fitness - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Question Anyone work at a 24hr Fitness

Just wanted to see if anyone here works at a 24hr Fitness, the lady and a friend are thinking about getting a membership and wouldn't want them to get stiffed on fees and membership. Would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Lifer

I work out there, but i have had my memebership since 96, so the prices have definatly gone way up since then.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Time Served

I have a membership there. I pay 28 bucks a month. This is for mon., wed., fri., and sund. Which works out good because I know I wont go lift everyday.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

I know that one of my boys had gotten hooked up awhile back. He is paying something like $25/month and no sign up fees. Hopefully someone can help me out.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 11:05 PM

I work at one, but in the Houston area. And if you had asked this last week, I had two (2) "Friends & Family" passes. Basically, the best membership, but for like $25 (or $35 for SuperSport if you have any in the area) a month, any club any day. I could have mailed them off, b/c I didn't use them. The couple that I had planned on giving it to, weren't ready for that monthly finance, since they JUST closed on their house.

Other than that, I can't do much for you. I'm a trainer, so I have nothing to do with the fees and what not.

Good luck, though.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackandBlueLX
I work at one, but in the Houston area. And if you had asked this last week, I had two (2) "Friends & Family" passes. Basically, the best membership, but for like $25 (or $35 for SuperSport if you have any in the area) a month, any club any day. I could have mailed them off, b/c I didn't use them. The couple that I had planned on giving it to, weren't ready for that monthly finance, since they JUST closed on their house.

Other than that, I can't do much for you. I'm a trainer, so I have nothing to do with the fees and what not.

Good luck, though.
BlackandBlueLX, if you come across something similar anytime soon please let me know as that was exactly what I was looking for or if you can ask your co-workers I would greatly appreciate it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:30 AM
P.I.M.P.

Friend of mine paid up front for a 1yr membership, and got 2yrs for free, so essentially he got a 3yr membership for 1/3rd the price... and every year after that he pays $28/yr
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
Friend of mine paid up front for a 1yr membership, and got 2yrs for free, so essentially he got a 3yr membership for 1/3rd the price... and every year after that he pays $28/yr
How much was that?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
and every year after that he pays $28/yr
Are you sure about that MaddHatter? Only $28/yr after? Please do give more details.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 10:34 AM
P.I.M.P.

I'll call him up later and find out - probably some promotion they are running
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 10:38 AM

<---- works out to the fitness channel-it's free. lol
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 10:48 AM

00GTR1 -- I'll keep my eyes and ears open!!

As for that other deal, about paying 1 year and getting 2 years free, that's the deal we're always running. It just changes on the cost of the initial year, and how much "each year after" will cost. I've seen that deal go from a few hundred $$$ to over a grand. Usually, you end up with 4 to 6 Personal Training Sessions, too. So, that's one reason it's so expensive. I've aslo seen it go for the "each year after" for about $167-ish, so your monthly dues comes out to be around $13 a month, if you divide the amounts.

Also, look online at the website, and see what deals are running on there. Probably not as good as the one the employees get with those passes, but still worth looking into. You can also just go in there, and sometimes try to work a deal. Especially if you go in on the last day of the month. But shhhh, you didn't hear that from me. Probably, they won't do anything for you, but you can certainly try.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ponyprincess
<---- works out to the fitness channel-it's free. lol
Do feel us in.

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackandBlueLX
00GTR1 -- I'll keep my eyes and ears open!!

As for that other deal, about paying 1 year and getting 2 years free, that's the deal we're always running. It just changes on the cost of the initial year, and how much "each year after" will cost. I've seen that deal go from a few hundred $$$ to over a grand. Usually, you end up with 4 to 6 Personal Training Sessions, too. So, that's one reason it's so expensive. I've aslo seen it go for the "each year after" for about $167-ish, so your monthly dues comes out to be around $13 a month, if you divide the amounts.

Also, look online at the website, and see what deals are running on there. Probably not as good as the one the employees get with those passes, but still worth looking into. You can also just go in there, and sometimes try to work a deal. Especially if you go in on the last day of the month. But shhhh, you didn't hear that from me. Probably, they won't do anything for you, but you can certainly try.
Good looking out BlackandBlueLX, appreciate the feedback.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 00GTR1
Do feel us in.
haha NICE !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement