any current Boxers? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

any current Boxers?

anybody on this website currently training to Box or has had any fight's? where do you train? I'm looking to get some different sparring partners for two fighters I currently train,they have some now but I need some new sparring partners for each of them. They are both turning pro by the way,one is a 5 time Golden gloves champion and the other is a 2time golden gloves champion and I need some good fighters for them to train with! I usually just stay with the Boxing gyms only but I wanted to see if any members would would give us what we were lookin' for??? if you are interested just reply with your background and fight experience! thank's Roy Lopez! alsoI will get back with whoever as soon as possible!!!!oh shit almost forgot one is a lightheavyweight( 175lbs) and the other is a welterweight(147lbs) so you would have to be close to those weight's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Re: any current Boxers?

Quote:
Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM
anybody on this website currently training to Box or has had any fight's? where do you train? I'm looking to get some different sparring partners for two fighters I currently train,they have some now but I need some new sparring partners for each of them. They are both turning pro by the way,one is a 5 time Golden gloves champion and the other is a 2time golden gloves champion and I need some good fighters for them to train with! I usually just stay with the Boxing gyms only but I wanted to see if any members would would give us what we were lookin' for??? if you are interested just reply with your background and fight experience! thank's Roy Lopez! alsoI will get back with whoever as soon as possible!!!!oh shit almost forgot one is a lightheavyweight( 175lbs) and the other is a welterweight(147lbs) so you would have to be close to those weight's!
i think a few ppl here do/did martial arts.. but i dont think any are striaght boxes.. i used to to martial arts in my lighter days.. but havent in years! plus.. i would be in the Chunkyweight catagory.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Re: Re: any current Boxers?

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
i think a few ppl here do/did martial arts.. but i dont think any are striaght boxes.. i used to to martial arts in my lighter days.. but havent in years! plus.. i would be in the Chunkyweight catagory.
yea me too!! I think you have a great IDEA!!! the chunkyweight division!!! I also train in martial arts for 15 years and was a Pro Boxer and Kickboxer and had a few Thai style kickboxing fight's also! but now like you said it's chunk ola time!!!!!! I just train folks now-a-days!!!! it's easier!!!!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Yeah.. im very out of fighting shape.. i didnt a combo of styles over a 3 year period.. but havent done anything in years.. i watned to pick it back up... but its either to expensive.. or junk.. so i jsut went into lifting wegihts...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Yeah.. im very out of fighting shape.. i didnt a combo of styles over a 3 year period.. but havent done anything in years.. i watned to pick it back up... but its either to expensive.. or junk.. so i jsut went into lifting wegihts...
cool!!!where and who did you train with??

2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
cool!!!where and who did you train with??
doubt you ahve ever heard of him. because i trained in South Africa.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
doubt you ahve ever heard of him. because i trained in South Africa.
probably not!!! I can't remember the nam e of the K-1 fighter from south africa?? maybe Sam Greco? or ??? have you ever watched the K-1 tourney's???

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
probably not!!! I can't remember the nam e of the K-1 fighter from south africa?? maybe Sam Greco? or ??? have you ever watched the K-1 tourney's???
dont remeber that name. but i Mike Bernardo lifted weights atthe same gym i did..

bascially i started out just doing "self defense" but then progressed on to a mix of mauy thai, kick boxing and street fighting... but i was 135lbs back then
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
dont remeber that name. but i Mike Bernardo lifted weights atthe same gym i did..

bascially i started out just doing "self defense" but then progressed on to a mix of mauy thai, kick boxing and street fighting... but i was 135lbs back then
yea thats who it is!!!! I fought at 160,168,175 in my short career of about 12 years and won more than I lost so in the THAI way of thinking your a good fighter!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 06:58 PM

boxing

i box at the garland police boxing gym
im 2 time golden gloves
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Re: boxing

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang dude347
i box at the garland police boxing gym
im 2 time golden gloves
your a two time ??? champion or particepant??? what weight? do you know Doyle gaylor? I know him well! how many fight's have you had???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement