carb intake? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
I'm your huckleberry...

carb intake?

To promote weight loss, what should one try to limit the carbo's to? I know proteins up, carbo's down, but how much? I think that atkins dude says 20g, but thats a way extreme. ESP, after looking at fruit, they are loaded with sugars. Can somebody shed some light on this subject. Thanks...

WestCoastMustangs
Eddie Plana reppin the FMC
'95 White Mustang GTS, currently being put together, JYTT and a 357W...
Visit the new www.westcoastmustangs.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:18 AM
P.I.M.P.

It's not as much how many carbs as what kind of carbs ...

Shoot for the Low Glycemic carbs (fruit, non-processed breads, vegetables, etc) and avoid the High Glycemic which spike your insulin and promote fat gain and slow your metabolism

Just my .02

Also try to take in most of your carbs in the morning-to-mid afternoon and avoid them at night to try and prevent them from being used as fat and keep them being burned as fuel like they're meant to be
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
I'm your huckleberry...

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
It's not as much how many carbs as what kind of carbs ...

Shoot for the Low Glycemic carbs (fruit, non-processed breads, vegetables, etc) and avoid the High Glycemic which spike your insulin and promote fat gain and slow your metabolism

Just my .02

Also try to take in most of your carbs in the morning-to-mid afternoon and avoid them at night to try and prevent them from being used as fat and keep them being burned as fuel like they're meant to be
hmm... so cutting back on breads, pastas stuff like that? or what?
fruits, veggies, are cool

WestCoastMustangs
Eddie Plana reppin the FMC
'95 White Mustang GTS, currently being put together, JYTT and a 357W...
Visit the new www.westcoastmustangs.net

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 01:20 PM

There are fruits that are actually very high on the glycemic index. Such as Bananas, Raisins, Dates, etc. But here's a little secret, when you eat a meal containing foods high on the GI, and other foods high in Protein, they even each other out. The protein and fat in a meal will bring down the GI affect of the fruit, or whatever you're eating.

I would stay away from processed foods (starch) in the carb department. The time thing, eating most of your carbs in the morning and afternoon, is a good idea, unless your work outs are in the evenings, then you'll need to eat carbs after your workout. Doesn't matter what time of the day it is.

I would try to limit your carbs to about 50-60 % of your total intake, spreading them out evenly over how ever many meals you're eating in one day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement