Post work out super shake - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Post work out super shake

I mixed up a "super shake' last night and it was the SHIT!!!
can you sa 60+ g of protein???

i took a packet of betastatin WP which has
42g protein, 2.5g sugars,227 callories and Ingredients: BetaStatin-WPI2TM (Ultrafiltered/Cross Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyed Whey Peptides, L-Glutamine, Glutamine Peptides, Taurine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Arginine, Acetyl L-Carnitine), BetaStatin Precise Carbohydrate Blend (Maltodextrin, Brown Rice Complex, Oats), Whey Protein Concentrate, Vitamin and Mineral blend (Di-Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Gluconate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide, Iron Electrolytic, Zine Oxide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Ergocalciferol, Pyridoxine HCL, Copper Gluconate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotion, Potassium Iodide, GTF Chromium, Sodium Molybdate, Cyanocobolamin), Natural and Artificial Flavorings, Creatine Monohydrate, Xanthan Gum, DigezymeTM Multi-Enzyme Blend, Alpha Keto Glutarate, *Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium, Vanadyl Sulfate. *PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains Phenylalanine.

Dumped in a scoop of Sci fit Whey protein which is 22g..10 g of glutamine powder and 16oz of high protein milk.. mixed and chugged it.. tasted AWESOME!!... can you say feed the body?
d.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 12:56 PM

Sounds good.. I hope you're still eating REAL food within an hour after your work out, too!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackandBlueLX
Sounds good.. I hope you're still eating REAL food within an hour after your work out, too!!
I dont always have that luxury.. some days i get home from the gym at around 11:30-12 at night. and if i eat a REAL meal.. no sleep for me..

but i pop enough vitamins that i should be well covered.. i need to sit and calculate how much of everything i take daily its pretty scarey.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:42 PM

Man, I am the Supplement King!!!

I just went in yesterday, to stock up.... again, and spent almost $400. Sucks, but I'm doing everything I can to prepare my body for the upcoming two shows!!!!

One day, I'll count ALL the pills I pop every day, too!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Man, I am the Supplement King!!!

I just went in yesterday, to stock up.... again, and spent almost $400. Sucks, but I'm doing everything I can to prepare my body for the upcoming two shows!!!!

One day, I'll count ALL the pills I pop every day, too!
Right now im taking
Glutamine,
Vit C
Vit B12
a general Multi Vit twice a day.
Glucosamine/Chondroitin
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Time Served

Re: Post work out super shake

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
I mixed up a "super shake' last night and it was the SHIT!!!
can you sa 60+ g of protein???
Any of these side effects?

"Most people's gut can not handle more than 30-40 grams of protein per meal (higher amounts produce bloating, gas and indigestion in many)."

If not, you're lucky...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 04:16 PM
The Big Matt

Man, I'm always gassy and bloated.

Protien has nothing to do with it...

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Re: Re: Post work out super shake

Quote:
Originally posted by Sami
Any of these side effects?

"Most people's gut can not handle more than 30-40 grams of protein per meal (higher amounts produce bloating, gas and indigestion in many)."

If not, you're lucky...
keep in mind. there is a big difference between eating enough beaf to get 60g of protein.. and getting it from a concentrated shake.. none of them were side effects
im going to slowly try increase my protin intake.. maybe try 20oz mile. and 2 scoops of protein instead of 1.. which would push me to about 100g of protein for that one shake...

keep it mines its 42 from the betastatin... 22 from the whey , and about 26 from the milk.. thats about 80g right there so actualy. its a 80+g megashake not 60
im glad i thougt of this.. before i was no where NEAR the protein intake i should have been for my body weight.. im very excited
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Time Served

Re: Re: Re: Post work out super shake

Quote:
keep in mind. there is a big difference between eating enough beaf to get 60g of protein.. and getting it from a concentrated shake.. none of them were side effects
Yes, the protein shake will give you more gas than the beef.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 09:51 PM

So, WL, how much protein are you taking in per day? I'm pretty sure you do know this, but you can take in too much in one day. I'm on a very specific diet, for my goals (yes adding a little muscle mass before my first show) and I'm eating right at 211 g. of protein a day, 20% of total caloric intake. I'm weighing ~211-213 lbs right now, somewhere between 5-8 %BF. It's a science, man, I'm tellin ya!!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Re: Re: Re: Post work out super shake

Quote:
im going to slowly try increase my protin intake.. maybe try 20oz mile. and 2 scoops of protein instead of 1.. which would push me to about 100g of protein for that one shake...

keep it mines its 42 from the betastatin... 22 from the whey , and about 26 from the milk.. thats about 80g right there so actualy. its a 80+g megashake not 60
im glad i thougt of this.. before i was no where NEAR the protein intake i should have been for my body weight.. im very excited
Can your body actually consume that much or are you just going to piss it away??

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
So, WL, how much protein are you taking in per day? I'm pretty sure you do know this, but you can take in too much in one day. I'm on a very specific diet, for my goals (yes adding a little muscle mass before my first show) and I'm eating right at 211 g. of protein a day, 20% of total caloric intake. I'm weighing ~211-213 lbs right now, somewhere between 5-8 %BF. It's a science, man, I'm tellin ya!!

not enough protein.. im 282 @27ish % which means i have to take in about 220g of protein.. and before i started making this shake.. i was mabye getting 100g total per day.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Post work out super shake

Quote:
Originally posted by 8mpg
Can your body actually consume that much or are you just going to piss it away??
it depends.. if you have 100g of protein mid afternoon when you are being lazy at work.. you dont need it... But if you are just after a beat down work out.. and NEED protein.. im pretty sure it will absorb more. there is no defined limit of protein you can or cant absorb.. im sure you cant absorb 400g in one meal.. but if i absorb 60-80 out of the 100..i will be happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement