Recipe thread - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Recipe thread

With all the talk about supplements, I thought it would be good to start one about nutrition. If you have any easy, quick recipes that fit in the healthy category, please share. Oh, should be tasty as well...

This is what I had today.

Ingredients:

cold smoked salmon
cottage cheese
dark, fiber rich bread

Slice the salmon file into smaller bits, mix with cottage cheese. Put on top of bread. That's it. Good, healthy and fast. Add chopped onions and/or drops of lemon juice (straight from the lemon of course) if you like. Goes down well with a bowl of clam chowder soup and a glass of milk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 10:53 PM
XL

For a "clean" high protein meal:
-2 chicken breasts (~4 oz each) (50g protein before cooking)
-Iceberg Romaine salad
-Shreded parmesan cheese
-Italian or balsamic vinaigrette

Cook the breats on a grill on in a pan. Cook them until you think they are ready to eat. Put salad in a shallow bowl or plate, cover with dressing. Slice chicken breasts and put them on the salad. Sprinkle on cheese liberally.

For a "dirty" high protein meal:
-7oz 94% lean hamburger meat
-Slice of cheddar cheese
-2 slices bacon (turkey if you prefer)
-BBQ sauce
-Chopped/shredded lettuce
-Large whole wheat hamburger buns

Form the hamburger meat into a patty, then cook on a stove until you feel it is ready to eat. When the patty is close to finished, put the slice of chedder on it. Microwave the bacon according to instructions. When the patty is finished, put the patty on the bun. Take the bacon, and put it on the patty. Sprinkle some lettuce on it, then pour some BBQ sauce on top. Put the top of the bun on, and eat.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 09:30 PM
byc
The Beer Man

I was about to make a post very similar to this, as i am looking for some good foods to eat to lose some more weight. I have been running, and have lost about 17-20 lbs. But it seems like it has slowed down. I dont drink soda, I usually dont have time for anything in the a.m. What are some quick things to eat for breakfast? And at work, i usually just snack on stuff, like crackers or chips (chips bad- I know). I get up at 4:30 am to go to work, and really dont feel like cooking anything. Also my job is physical, so its not like I'm sitting on my ass all day or anything. I'm down to 250, but would like to get to 230. Any help is appreciated.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

For breakfast, I would get some snack bars that are high on fiber and carbs. Quaker Oats make them and then I have some "Nature Valley" I bought from Sam's Club. 1 bar has 4g of fat, 25g of carbs (2g of fiber, 13g of sugar) and 3g of protein. That, a banana, maybe a protein shake (I would get something that is higher on carbs than the usual shake, you need carbs in the morning).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 11:46 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quick and easy chicken:
Take a thawed chicken breast and season it to your liking. I use some garlic salt and onion powder, and maybe some Lawry's and some light italian dressing.
Wrap it in foil, and toss it in the oven or toaster oven on 350 for ~20 min.
Then if you want, you can cut it up and put it on a salad or some brown rice.

If I'm in a hurry, i'll throw some turkey on 2 slices of whole wheat with a little mustard. It holds me over quite well.

- Matt
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 02:28 AM
dispatching aero planes

I like to eat a plain bagel with peanut butter in the morning, I am pretty sure it has like 48grams of carbs and 12 grams of protein in the bagel and then the extra protein from the peanut butter.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by RCobracon94
I like to eat a plain bagel with peanut butter in the morning, I am pretty sure it has like 48grams of carbs and 12 grams of protein in the bagel and then the extra protein from the peanut butter.
As long as you make sure the bagel is made from fiber rich flour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement