Need to lose 50lbs! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Tuna

Need to lose 50lbs!

Had surgery yesterday to repair my hearing aid. Doc said if I dont lose about 50lbs I will have to have my hearing aid removed. (To make a long story short, my hearing aid is a Bone Anchored Hearing Aid= BAHA for short) So I really dont want to lose it. I would much rather the weight. I am about 250 right now and need to shed some pounds. Any suggestions? Supplements anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Lifer

TRIM SPA
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:13 AM

Why do you need to lose weight? Is the 50lbs in your ears? I dont get it.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Lifer

Try to change your eating habits, and go out for some type of activity. Get rid of sugars/carbs that are excessive, and drop the sodas. Drink plenty of water to help flush your body out, and try to eat several small healthy meals a day.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Tuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendel
Why do you need to lose weight? Is the 50lbs in your ears? I dont get it.
The implant in my head is basically a screw that acts like an anchor into my skull. Then an external hearing device snaps into it. The fatty tissue under my skin is pushing the skin up around the device causing infection. I have to lose some weight and keep it maintained so the fatty tissue will subside.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Lifer

That's very cool stuff, and losing your ability to hear should be plenty incentive to lose the weight.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:24 AM

Have you thought about that stomach reduction surgury? This guy at work had it done about 9 or 10 months ago and he has gone from over 300 to under 200. I thought it was a bit extreme but the results speak for them selves. I am not too much over weight but I cant seem to lose. After seeing that guy lose so fast, if the doctor said it was a health issue being over weight I would get that surgury asap.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Tuna

Well it is. I lost it when I was 12 during a baseball game. Up until last year I was told there was NOTHING I could have done or do to get my hearing back. Then I found this Dr. how changed it. But now I am in risk of losing it agian. Cant do that. Thanks guys.

Wilson
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Tuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendel
Have you thought about that stomach reduction surgury? This guy at work had it done about 9 or 10 months ago and he has gone from over 300 to under 200. I thought it was a bit extreme but the results speak for them selves. I am not too much over weight but I cant seem to lose. After seeing that guy lose so fast, if the doctor said it was a health issue being over weight I would get that surgury asap.
I am not in much of a health risk, just risk of losing my hearing aid implant.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Time Served

What Vertnut said, activity and diet change. Minimize processed carbs (white bread, white rice etc.) and replace them with food that is high in fiber (whole wheat or rye bread, whole rice, potatoes).

While counting calories isn't the most convinient way of doing things, it would help to do it for a while to get to know approximately how much you're taking in. When grocery shopping, always look at the nutritional value label for at least 5 things: calories, fat, protein, carbs and fiber. The simplified rule is that if it has a lot of calories but offers little nutritional value (protein or fiber), it isn't good for you.

Forget about diet pills, losing 50lbs out of 250lbs shouldn't be hard if you have the determination and are willing to change your diet.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Worship me

If you will get up and run or walk about 3 miles every morning it will melt right off of you. Running isn't easy but you won't have to drastically alter your diet. You might think that there is no way you can run that far, but if you build up to it over time you will suprise yourself. And it only takes about 40 minutes every day, including stretching, warm up and cool down.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Lifer

Maybe I'm being nosey, but how did you lose it during a basketball game? That must have been very frightening for you!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Tuna

Quote:
Originally posted by Marisa
Maybe I'm being nosey, but how did you lose it during a basketball game? That must have been very frightening for you!
It was baseball. I was lidding into second base, my helmet came off and the ball hit me in the back of the head. Nerve deafness.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Wilson
It was baseball. I was lidding into second base, my helmet came off and the ball hit me in the back of the head. Nerve deafness.
wow! That's really scary! I'm glad technology has helped you. That's amazing.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Tuna

Thanks.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 11:21 PM
byc
The Beer Man

I have lost about 20lbs in the last 4 months, (give or take a few) and I ditched the sodas, and run about 1.5 miles 4 nights a week. I am down to where you are now. Now what I need is to really concentrate on getting off the fried food, (man there good), and I am a big time bread eater. I was around 275 before i started, and now i am down to 255. My goal is 230.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by byc
Now what I need is to really concentrate on getting off the fried food, (man there good), and I am a big time bread eater.
I've never liked fried food, have to be greatful of that. Bread is good for you if you just eat the right kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement