Creatine - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Creatine

I've never taken it before. Can I take it while cutting to try and keep as much mass as possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

I'm getting some real mixed info on creatine on the net. Do you loose the mass you gained after you are cycling off of it?

Seems pointless.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:56 AM
MVP

lose.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by MVP
lose.
Thank you oh master of the spell check.

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Hey, post count boy. How about I delete this thread so you don't get that post.

Fucking newbies are over running this place.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:01 AM
MVP

newbies that know more about lifting then you.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

No don't delete Nic, I want to see more responses about creatine. I'm getting back into working out after a 2 year laziness fest.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MVP
newbies that know more about lifting then you.
Then why don't you use those posts to help me out instead of being a dipshit.

You still get your posts ,and I get the help I need. It's kind of the point.

So super workout newbie. Enlighten me about creatine.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cool cat
No don't delete Nic, I want to see more responses about creatine. I'm getting back into working out after a 2 year laziness fest.

I'm not, These guys are just annoying me.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:16 AM
MVP

I didn't do shit. Just repsonded to your statement. You said do you lose weight or gain it after cycling. I said lose.

What else do you need to know ? PM me.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:18 AM
tex
Lifer

LOL at you guys bitching at the newbie. He was saying that you'll lose some when you're not on a cycle. HAHA!
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MVP
I didn't do shit. Just repsonded to your statement. You said do you lose weight or gain it after cycling. I said lose.

What else do you need to know ? PM me.
lol! Nice try.

I need to know if it is a good idea to try and take while cutting to help keep mass.

I also asked if you loose all of your results. So no matter what I do I can't keep the mass I gain on creatine.

No need for a PM. There are others who are interested in the subject. If you just want to seem like a bad-ass. I'll be at pappas on thursday if you want to stop by and discuss whatever in private.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by tex
LOL at you guys bitching at the newbie. He was saying that you'll lose some when you're not on a cycle. HAHA!
[email protected] for believing the newbie.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:24 AM
P.I.M.P.

From my experience with creatine, the only real mass you'll get is from water. Creatine is better used to help repair muscles with amino acids, give you more energy during your workout with ATP and ADP, and expand the muscles by pushing water into them so they can build faster. If you're cutting down using hydroxycut or another diuretic, I wouldn't suggest using creatine as it would negate the benefits (hydroxy gets water out, creatine puts it in)

This is just my experience though, I'm no CSCS so I could be wrong.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
From my experience with creatine, the only real mass you'll get is from water. Creatine is better used to help repair muscles with amino acids, give you more energy during your workout with ATP and ADP, and expand the muscles by pushing water into them so they can build faster. If you're cutting down using hydroxycut or another diuretic, I wouldn't suggest using creatine as it would negate the benefits (hydroxy gets water out, creatine puts it in)

This is just my experience though, I'm no CSCS so I could be wrong.

But if I use it after my cut down. Would I see permanent results?
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Crackalack!

Man Nic, you need to get off that 'roid cycle......gettin' kinda bitchy!! hahaha! I've got some creatine at the house if you wanna try it....I always thought it was a pre-workout energy thing, but I get all of the "-mines" mixed up!
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:27 AM
MVP

Creatine gives you some muscle mass. Most of the mass gained is water weight. Once you stop taking creatine, you will lose the water weight. To get serious gains, I would go on a bulking diet, then cut. But if you think you are a good size now and want to start cutting. Go ahead. To answer your question, I would still take creatine. It will help keep your muscles hydrated and healthy while cutting. You wont lose muscle mass if you are lifting still. Cutting is mostly diet though.

Check out the forum on
www.bodybuilding.com

You will get answers to your questions in seconds.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MVP
Creatine gives you some muscle mass. Most of the mass gained is water weight. Once you stop taking creatine, you will lose the water weight. To get serious gains, I would go on a bulking diet, then cut. But if you think you are a good size now and want to start cutting. Go ahead. To answer your question, I would still take creatine. It will help keep your muscles hydrated and healthy while cutting. You wont lose muscle mass if you are lifting still. Cutting is mostly diet though.

Check out the forum on
www.bodybuilding.com

You will get answers to your questions in seconds.
Thanks you very much. Very good info. I appreciate it. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I've always been good sized. I'm just thinking about really starting to bulk up. I allready started cutting so I'm gonna stick with it. For another week or two. Should be done by then.

Last edited by P.O.S._Dubyuharex; 02-17-2004 at 09:32 AM.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 AM
P.I.M.P.

Nothing's permanent Nic... if you stop working out, you'll lose everything... I took a 2 week break while I was sick and only getting sicker, went back yesterday and I've lost about 30lbs on my max. If you do creatine during your cutting stage, you'll slow down the cutting process or even get bigger due to water weight... I would cycle off one then on the other.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by P.O.S._Dubyuharex
[email protected] for believing the newbie.
LOL @ Nic for being on the rag!

If you're going to be finished cutting in a week or two, go ahead and start a cycle. You'll gain some weight, but don't pay attention to the scale, that's the problem most people have. You might notice that your larger muscles look a little fuller, just don't mistake it as fat. You should also be able to gain some mass without worrying about fat. Keep your diet clean, and get enough protein and you'll be fine.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:42 AM

be careful on that creatine. i took like 2500 to 3000 grams a day during the loading phase and then 2200 for the rest of the time. now my doctor tells me that my brain is permantly affected. he said that this is probably where my real short temper comes from. just thought that i would share that.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 AM
P.I.M.P.

WTF... 3000 grams?!? Brain Damage? LMMFAO!
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:36 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by dbarker89
be careful on that creatine. i took like 2500 to 3000 grams a day during the loading phase and then 2200 for the rest of the time.
What the fuck possessed you to take that much??!
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Lifer

you realize that your body is only gonna absorb so much, and i know it is alot lot less then that.

You should only really be taking about 3 spoonfulls a day. Thats it. Any more is waisted.

Id hate to see what your shit looks like
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Lifer

here is a quote from a website. Interesting for those that dont know

Various supplementation strategies have been used in attempts to increase total creatine concentration, particularly phosphocreatine. The most commonly used protocol is to ingest a daily total of 20 to 30 g of creatine, usually creatine monohydrate, if four equal doses of 5 to 7 g dissolved in fluids over the course of a day, for 5 to 7 days.3

sooooooo 2000-3000, is imposible, you would have to take a hole jug of creatine every day, and it would be a waist.

stop posting stupid shit.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

What would be the best fluid to ingest creatine with, grapejuice?
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Hired Hand

Creatine is good when dieting to keep your strentght levels from plummeting, but if your calorie intake gets too low nothing is going to preserve your lean mass. I have found creatine to be good for staying motivated at the beginning of a diet (you won't get as weak as fast and freak out), but for the final stages you'll need to bite the bullet and cycle off to get rid of all your excess water weight.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by cool cat
What would be the best fluid to ingest creatine with, grapejuice?
I used to just take a spoonfull and down it with 8-12 oz. of water. It may not have been the best way, but the easiest.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Beej
I used to just take a spoonfull and down it with 8-12 oz. of water. It may not have been the best way, but the easiest.
Taking it with a simple sugar provides for a much better absorbtion into the body, water has no effect on your insulin levels.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Baller

creatine summed up,

good while you're taking it, once you get off you lose MOST the mass. I've taken several different creatine products, the most effective being the creastack from GNC. When you're on creatine drink a shit load of water.

From personal experience with creatine its a good investment if taken right.
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej
here is a quote from a website. Interesting for those that dont know

Various supplementation strategies have been used in attempts to increase total creatine concentration, particularly phosphocreatine. The most commonly used protocol is to ingest a daily total of 20 to 30 g of creatine, usually creatine monohydrate, if four equal doses of 5 to 7 g dissolved in fluids over the course of a day, for 5 to 7 days.3

sooooooo 2000-3000, is imposible, you would have to take a hole jug of creatine every day, and it would be a waist.

stop posting stupid shit.

Hey guys I'm looking on the back of this bottle of Creatine Fuel Stack by TwinLab and it recommends to take six pills daily.

So I check out the amount of creatine per serving of six on the label and it reads:
Creatine Monohydrate 5000mg

My question is that, is six pills of this stuff a day to much or to little. I weigh in at 175, 5'10, and workout four times a week. I'm also taking a whey protein shake couple times a day and also NO2.

Thanks
Rob1
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Racist....that means you!

My question is.......Do you get bad diarhea(sp) while taking Creatine? I have noticed that since I got on it....I have some gnarly squirts. What gives?
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 11:32 PM
not the country singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Boost?
Taking it with a simple sugar provides for a much better absorbtion into the body, water has no effect on your insulin levels.
This is what I've heard too. For my loading phase, I mix in 20g of creatine and about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar to a gallon of water and drink the gallon during the course of the day. (I look goofy haulin around a gallon jug to my classes, but o well) That way I get the required water at the same time, and the creatine intake is constant. I've also read that caffene counteracts some of the effects, so I've cut out all caffene while I'm on it.
Can't Drive 55--I haven't noticed any side-effects w/ my dumps, but I did when I was taking excess protein, so that might be it.

-Brent-

Rockin the East Coast (again)...Dreamin of Texas!

Semper Fidelis
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox
(I look goofy haulin around a gallon jug to my classes, but o well)
Creatine aside, I know a few people that do that as well to make sure they get enough water during the day.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:48 AM

your gonna need more then creatine
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Rookie

Its ok Nic, im no longer swooping so you dont have to get bigger than me.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 04:33 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrmilperf
Hey guys I'm looking on the back of this bottle of Creatine Fuel Stack by TwinLab and it recommends to take six pills daily.

So I check out the amount of creatine per serving of six on the label and it reads:
Creatine Monohydrate 5000mg

My question is that, is six pills of this stuff a day to much or to little. I weigh in at 175, 5'10, and workout four times a week. I'm also taking a whey protein shake couple times a day and also NO2.

Thanks
Rob1
5000 mg=5 g. 5 x 6= 30

And from Beej's message:
Quote:
The most commonly used protocol is to ingest a daily total of 20 to 30 g of creatine, usually creatine monohydrate,
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 05:02 PM
CFH

back from the dead

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement