Having no will power SUCKS!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Having no will power SUCKS!!!

Just got done working out during my lunch hour, came back to eat the other half of my chicken sandwich on wheat and an hour later.....I eat 2 freaking cupcakes. Not only that, every Friday we have donut day and what happens?......I'll usually eat like 4-5 donut holes through out the day.

I'm usually pretty good about eating a light breakfast, like oatmeal or 1 b-fast taco or a muffin and at lunch I can get a chicken sandwich or something, eat half at 12 and the other half at 2:45, drink water, cut out the sodas and then go home and ruin it with dinner. And on top of that, due to a busy schedule, usually eat around 7:45 or so. Don't get me wrong, dinner is good and not junk food but I can't keep from serving more that I should eat.

I also drink a protein shake around 10:30 and at 3:30. So I know I'm not hungry.

Anybody else lack will power?

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Lifer

Me, me, me!! I have absolutely no willpower. I have a busy schedule too and I Wednesday nights when I don't get out of school until 10:00 pm, it's usually easier and faster for me to stop somewhere on the way home then to eat at 11:00 when I get home.
No only that, I can smell something sweet a mile away.

I wish I could buy will power!!!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Other half of bitter

i am bad about cravings with will power.....

if you aren't hungry, why are you eating? i know sometimes it is just because. i do that too. sometimes i force myself to wait 10 more minutes, then i ask myself again, do i really want to eat that and why? usually after waiting 10 minutes, i realize i don't really need it and the craving/weak moment passes. or i try and drink a ton of water instead. of coruse sometimes you just give up and give in!

Last edited by michelle95gt; 02-13-2004 at 03:57 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 09:58 PM

It just takes time to develop the will power NOT to eat junk. I grew up on candy and junk food, but always burned it off as a kid, b/c of all the freakin sports I played, that and keeping my fingers and thumbs busy with Nintendo, and even Atari back in the day!

So yeah, just start somewhere, b/c it's really hard to quit cold turkey. I don't crave sweets anymore. I'll admit I want some when it's in front of me, or people talking about it, but that's normal. 99.9% of the time, I do not touch it. Especially now I'm going into "on" and "off" seasons.

Just try your best, and yes, drink ice water to help curb your cravings! Good luck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Yup, that's my biggest weakness too. I don't crave candy or junk food but when someone waves it in front of me...I'll cheat a little. Mainly it's meals at dinner time and on the weekend. If I think about what I'd like to eat for too long, I'll get something that's not good for me. I seem to be the type that needs to grab something healthy, eat it to satisfy my hunger and be on my way. Good thing is that I work out 3-4 times per week.

Here's todays menu

8am - Oatmeal, 2 Xenadrine
10:30 - Protein shake
12:30 - 1/2 of a grilled chicken sandwich (wheat bun, chicken breast, cheese, L,T,P)
1-2 - Workout
2:30 - other 1/2 of lunch, 2 Xenadrine
4:00 - protein shake

average about 24 ounces of water through out the day

7:30ish - dinner

forgot the second serving of Xenadrine

George

Last edited by George G.; 02-16-2004 at 09:48 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:32 AM

Man, how do you get by ONLY eating that much??? That sounds almost as bad as a pre-contest daily food intake. You're not even to a thousand calories before dinner, and that's not considering the few hundred you burn off with the day's work out!?!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Now that I see that, you're right. But somehow I seem to remain fairly full. My metabolism is real slow, always has been. If I add more to my b-fast and lunch, I'll have to skip the shakes cause I'm still full. Kinda sucks cause if I eat to much at one meal, I'll be full for HOURS...literally.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:28 AM

Wow.. I guess it is pretty slow, your metabolism. Mine is like a rocket right now. I'm eating 3900-ish calories a day, spread out through 8 meals! And I still get hungry!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:00 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I work out to sustain my eating habit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement