Did legs with the feldmonster tonight - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Did legs with the feldmonster tonight

what a crook. He throws ten plates on each side, and gets ready, start grunting, and the slead only moved about 2 inches, wow watch out now.Hope you got a good calve workout.
893 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Re: Did legs with the feldmonster tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by Beej
what a crook. He throws ten plates on each side, and gets ready, start grunting, and the slead only moved about 2 inches, wow watch out now.Hope you got a good calve workout.
yeah;(
beej.. i think i have a minor tear in my quad now.. no well no heavy legs for a long time .. cant win ...
White_lightning is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Re: Re: Did legs with the feldmonster tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
i think i have a minor tear in my quad now.. no well no heavy legs for a long time .. cant win ...
why are you putting so much weight on if you can't do it?
Philip is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Re: Re: Re: Did legs with the feldmonster tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
why are you putting so much weight on if you can't do it?
please tell me you are REALLY this ignorant..

9 out of 10 Muscle tears AREN'T caused by to much weight.. but rather over extension of fibers weakend by other methods or failing to warm up the muscle enough.. in my case i had 9 plates on each side on my 3rd set.. and dont feel i had warmed up enough for as deep as i take my legpress.. and the fiber let go.. NOT being able to do the weight wasnt an issue.it wasnt even THAT heavy.
White_lightning is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Re: Re: Re: Re: Did legs with the feldmonster tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
please tell me you are REALLY this ignorant..

9 out of 10 Muscle tears AREN'T caused by to much weight.. but rather over extension of fibers weakend by other methods or failing to warm up the muscle enough.. in my case i had 9 plates on each side on my 3rd set.. and dont feel i had warmed up enough for as deep as i take my legpress.. and the fiber let go.. NOT being able to do the weight wasnt an issue.it wasnt even THAT heavy.
thanks for the lesson on how muscles work

You’re getting sensitive since you starting working out.

If you're muscles are not warmed up by your 3rd set on the leg press you might want to try another leg exercise before you do the leg press or you might want to take a few of the 5lb weights off.
Philip is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
He was working good, had good form, came down far, It just wasnt his day.

I make sure to stretch real good on leg days because I have done the same exact thing before, and it sucks.
893 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Did legs with the feldmonster tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
thanks for the lesson on how muscles work

You’re getting sensitive since you starting working out.

If you're muscles are not warmed up by your 3rd set on the leg press you might want to try another leg exercise before you do the leg press or you might want to take a few of the 5lb weights off.
yup.. normaly i do 4 for 20.. 6 for 16 and then 8. and then go up.. but i decided to go heavier sooner.. i wtn 4x20, 6x12 and then 9.. also. normaly i do cardio the night before. and stretch more before doing legpress.. i just took it to deep to early.. oh well.. maybe i will drop form 18 5lbs plates to 8 for a few weeks and recoup. and then work up.
White_lightning is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by Beej
He was working good, had good form, came down far, It just wasnt his day.

I make sure to stretch real good on leg days because I have done the same exact thing before, and it sucks.
What I'm saying is if you can't do 9 plates drop to 8 so you at least get some more reps in.
Philip is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Did legs with the feldmonster tonight

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
. normaly i do cardio the night before. and stretch more before doing legpress..
You might also try doing squats. You don't even have to do a lot of weight, just doing the motion would help warm up the muscles.(I would not recommend this if you have a bad back though)
Philip is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
What I'm saying is if you can't do 9 plates drop to 8 so you at least get some more reps in.
lol
you are funny..
i was on DEEP rep 5 when my quad tore.. the week before i did 8 and a 25 for 4 sets of 8-12 DEEP reps.. so why would 9 plates be a stretch???? you have no idea about me or my size/strength.. so why do you keep making assonine comments??
White_lightning is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
lol
you are funny..
i was on DEEP rep 5 when my quad tore.. the week before i did 8 and a 25 for 4 sets of 8-12 DEEP reps.. so why would 9 plates be a stretch???? you have no idea about me or my size/strength.. so why do you keep making assonine comments??
It was a example dumbass. I was not saying what you could or could not do. Never do I say I know how much weight you can do or what your limits are or that I care.

So you tore your quad(or a minor tear how ever you want to word it) muscle recently and your still doing the leg press..now that's smart.
Philip is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
It was a example dumbass. I was not saying what you could or could not do. Never do I say I know how much weight you can do or what your limits are or that I care.

So you tore your quad(or a minor tear how ever you want to word it) muscle recently and your still doing the leg press..now that's smart.
do you have problems reading?? what part of " i was doing 9 plates and on rep 5 i tore it" didnt you understand.. i did this LAST NIGHT brainiac... does this logic evade you?? do i need to make gif walking you through me going to the gym, doing legpress, and hurting it?????? what part didnt you understand????
White_lightning is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
do i need to make gif walking you through me going to the gym, doing legpress, and hurting it?????? what part didnt you understand????
No don't bother..your going to quit in a few weeks anyway.
Philip is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
No don't bother..your going to quit in a few weeks anyway.
WTF does that mean??? quit what???
i could take 4 years off and still be twice as strong as you.. what are the amazing weights you move??? i took 2 years off and could still rep 315 on the bench.. what do you bench??? this is my 4th leg work out after 2 years off. and i STILL moved more weight then you could..

you are so much talk. lets hear what you do???besides talk alot of shit for q 160lbs bitch.
White_lightning is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
WTF does that mean??? quit what???
i could take 4 years off and still be twice as strong as you.. what are the amazing weights you move??? i took 2 years off and could still rep 315 on the bench.. what do you bench??? this is my 4th leg work out after 2 years off. and i STILL moved more weight then you could..
I believe you. I never said what I thought you could bench, leg press, etc...
Philip is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
I believe you. I never said what I thought you could bench, leg press, etc...
so why are you on my fuckin case/?? i posted saying i was dumb. and fucked up my leg... not from going heavy. but by not warming up well enough.. i wasnt talking shit about what i can move.. i made a statement.. so why the fuck are you on my case?? i havent seen a single constructive post or piece of advice from you on this forum YET.. so till then. back up off my nuts
White_lightning is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
so why are you on my fuckin case/?? i posted saying i was dumb. and fucked up my leg... not from going heavy. but by not warming up well enough.. i wasnt talking shit about what i can move.. i made a statement.. so why the fuck are you on my case?? i havent seen a single constructive post or piece of advice from you on this forum YET.. so till then. back up off my nuts
I'm not on your case or stepping on your nuts. I tried making a constructive posts a few posts up about warming up your quads before you do leg press by doing squats or lunges(sp). I was really asking a serious question in my first post about the weight you had on, not realizing at the time you pulled your quad while doing that amount of weight.
Philip is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Quote:
Originally posted by Philip
I'm not on your case or stepping on your nuts. I tried making a constructive posts a few posts up about warming up your quads before you do leg press by doing squats or lunges(sp). I was really asking a serious question in my first post about the weight you had on, not realizing at the time you pulled your quad while doing that amount of weight.
o.k..
fair enough
trust me.. im not dumb enough to try get under 9 plates knowing i have an injury like that.. i started getting back into lifting jan 1 and really had no desire to take more time off...

issue resolved
White_lightning is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
o.k..
fair enough
trust me.. im not dumb enough to try get under 9 plates knowing i have an injury like that.. i started getting back into lifting jan 1 and really had no desire to take more time off...

issue resolved
Cool.

I'll work on trying to be more postitive influence on the board


Now this is resolved I guess I have to go to work.
Philip is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 01:34 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 8,717
Phillip you still drunk?
P.O.S._Dubyuharex is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by P.O.S._Dubyuharex
Phillip you still drunk?
YES!
Philip is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally posted by P.O.S._Dubyuharex
Phillip you still drunk?
Drunk and workin' on an ass-whoopin'.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 03:46 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 8,717
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
Drunk and workin' on an ass-whoopin'.
I don't think I have ever seen him differently.
P.O.S._Dubyuharex is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: carrollton
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally posted by P.O.S._Dubyuharex
I don't think I have ever seen him differently.
what are you really try to say?
Philip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome