Can you have a really deep bruise? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
GTChick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Who gives a fuck?
Posts: 10,174
Can you have a really deep bruise?

I'm not going to give the full story because I've been laughed at enough over it, but 2 weekends ago I had a bicycle accident and hurt my leg. It's not broken but it's extremely sore to the touch and you can see a bruise on my leg. It's gotten a LOT better since it happened but it still hurts to put a lot of pressure on it and move it certain ways. If I do something that it doesn't like I'll get a really sharp pain from my knee down to my ankle. Do you think it's just bruised really deep? I don't think I tore anything because when I walk normal it's not that painful.
GTChick01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
Re: Can you have a really deep bruise?

Quote:
Originally posted by GTChick01
I'm not going to give the full story because I've been laughed at enough over it, but 2 weekends ago I had a bicycle accident and hurt my leg. It's not broken but it's extremely sore to the touch and you can see a bruise on my leg. It's gotten a LOT better since it happened but it still hurts to put a lot of pressure on it and move it certain ways. If I do something that it doesn't like I'll get a really sharp pain from my knee down to my ankle. Do you think it's just bruised really deep? I don't think I tore anything because when I walk normal it's not that painful.
I dont know the physiology behind it.. but when i was doing martial arts. a few times i got hit hard enough for deep bruising. I had a bruise, but once it went away there was still pain and sensitivty. There was no muscle damage IE tearing but it was DEFINATLY hurt..
so.. spill the beans?? did you fall off the bike?
White_lightning is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
GTChick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Who gives a fuck?
Posts: 10,174
Re: Re: Can you have a really deep bruise?

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
I dont know the physiology behind it.. but when i was doing martial arts. a few times i got hit hard enough for deep bruising. I had a bruise, but once it went away there was still pain and sensitivty. There was no muscle damage IE tearing but it was DEFINATLY hurt..
so.. spill the beans?? did you fall off the bike?
LOL, yes. We were riding a trail and I went off of a little bridge and over my handle bars.
GTChick01 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Honda God
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Taintville,USA
Posts: 1,941
Re: Can you have a really deep bruise?

Not if you have a small man.

"If its going to be that type of party, I'm sticking my dick in the mashed potatoes."

Lover of Mustangs and Master of Hondas
Grim Reaper is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Timmay
 
Tiny Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,898
yes you can have a really deep bruise. aka bone contusion. They hurt like a bitch! You'll notice if you have one due to the swelling and wonderful purple color your skin turns. I would get it checked out if it doesn't get better in the next few weeks.
Tiny Tim is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
GTChick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Who gives a fuck?
Posts: 10,174
Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Tim
yes you can have a really deep bruise. aka bone contusion. They hurt like a bitch! You'll notice if you have one due to the swelling and wonderful purple color your skin turns. I would get it checked out if it doesn't get better in the next few weeks.
Yeah, I'm going to give it another week or so. My skin isn't THAT bruised. I mean, you can see a bruise but it doesn't look like anything big. It just sucks because I can't do the treadmill right now. It starts hurting if I stand on it for a long time.
GTChick01 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 04:28 AM
Target Practice
 
JackFlash19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sittin on 3 stacks of high society
Posts: 3,005
Re: Re: Can you have a really deep bruise?

Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Not if you have a small man.
lol

White Hot Media
VENUECITY.com
Carmod.net
The Standard Issue <-RIP
SJB 3.29.85-1.24.08
JackFlash19 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 05:47 AM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 19,494
DON'T RUB IT!!!!!!!
You could have a deep blood clot or CAUSE one by rubbing it or cause one that you already have to move!
Mach1Marauder is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
GTChick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Who gives a fuck?
Posts: 10,174
Quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Marauder
DON'T RUB IT!!!!!!!
You could have a deep blood clot or CAUSE one by rubbing it or cause one that you already have to move!
Thanks for scaring the shit out of me!!! I have rubbed it a little. How the hell do I tell if I have a clot? Great... now I'm going to paranoid all day.
GTChick01 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 08:45 AM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 19,494
Quote:
Originally posted by GTChick01
Thanks for scaring the shit out of me!!! I have rubbed it a little. How the hell do I tell if I have a clot? Great... now I'm going to paranoid all day.
A deep clot is VERY hard to detect visually.........they usually have to use other means.
Is it hot to the touch? DAMN!....That's a loaded question!
Mach1Marauder is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Irving
Posts: 13,034
i found a picture of the bike ride

.
Ted is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
GTChick01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Who gives a fuck?
Posts: 10,174
Quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Marauder
Is it hot to the touch? DAMN!....That's a loaded question!
No it feels normal.




FUCK YOU TEDDY!
GTChick01 is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 01:51 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Re: Re: Can you have a really deep bruise?

Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Not if you have a small man.
Yep, I heard he's a shrimp with a tiny package!
jluv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome