My Leg Work Out today - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

My Leg Work Out today

Disclaimer: This thread is not meant as bragging, or talking sh*t, nor am I full of sh*t. I'm not trying to start anything, but because I live too far away, I don't get to share work out time with you guys and gals!!

Hate to bring this back up, but one of my work out partners and I worked out at another gym today, PLEX, where a lot of pro and college athletes train. I was meeting with another trainer, regarding getting ready to compete this year. Anyways, we stuck around and did some legs.

So, first things first, Leg Press, on a TRUE sled-style press, unlike the little Cybex 45 degree press and assorted other typical leg press machines at my gym/work. I was happy to see some of the machines over there, today!

So, start'em up! For the sake of the math-challenged peeps, I'll used # of plates total here:

Plates x Reps
4 x 20
6 x 20
10 x 15
14 x 15
18 x 15
24 x 15 -- That still wasn't maxed out, but no more room on the pegs! That's 1080 Pounds.

Then, on to... damn, I can't remember what it's called right now, the Vertical Leg Press, where you lay on your back, and push the weight up, towards the ceiling. I haven't done this one in YEARS!!

So, I was stacking the 45s with little 5 lb plates between, to make it easier to get'em off.

200 lbs x 15
410 lbs x 15 Definitely burning by now!!
410 lbs x 12 BURN
460 lbs x 12 No more room on the pegs, next time no 5 lbs-ers in there, and just stack nothing but 45s... deep.

Then, we went on to do a couple more things, and what not to finish the little work out. We hit Legs regularly on Wednesdays, so just a little touch up today! I forgot I had my camera today, at the gym, otherwise I probably would have taken a picture or MPEG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 06:21 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

You and 4eyed86 need to hook up.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Time Served

great job bro

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Lifer

still think any of you that say that you do over 1000 lbs. is full of shit. I've got friends here at UT that are on the powerlifting team that don't do that much
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by stangcrazy
still think any of you that say that you do over 1000 lbs. is full of shit. I've got friends here at UT that are on the powerlifting team that don't do that much
Well, again, not talking smack, but "power lifting" and "bodybuilding" are too different things, and we build muscles differently. But if you really do doubt me, I'll try to take some pictures and/or MPEGs of me lifting that much next time. Or better yet, come down here and participate in a leg day with me.

Don't hate, man, appreciate! Why can't you just be happy, and enjoy your own lifting stats, and work to improve yourself, instead of doubting and trying to bring down someone else!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Lifer

I'm not bringing down anyone else, I just think you guys should have already put up pics, and even videos by now. I mean, that would be the easiest way of showing someone up.

And I'm not driving for 2 hours just so I can workout.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by stangcrazy
I'm not bringing down anyone else, I just think you guys should have already put up pics, and even videos by now. I mean, that would be the easiest way of showing someone up.

And I'm not driving for 2 hours just so I can workout.
LOL I wouldn't expect you too, and nor would I.

I'll work on getting some pictures sometime. I'll have to find somewhere to host a little video, though.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 08:24 AM
P.I.M.P.

Nice stats BnB - I'd be lucky to get up 400lbs with my puny lil twig legs... Congrats man
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Worship me

So, how much can you squat?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
So, how much can you squat?
The most I've ever done, for a SET is 585, which was 6 plates on each side. Now, grant it, my beat up knees and back won't let me go as low as I'd like, so it may have been more of a 1/2 squat. My normal work out weight, lately, has been around 405-465 for full sets, hitting anywhere from 8 to 12 reps per set. We do like a total of 6 or 7 sets, including warming up. Usually:
135 x 20
185 x 20
225 x 15
275 or 315 x 12-15
365 x 12
405 x 12
405 x 8-12

Nothing special.. just the beginning to a gruelling Leg Day!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 11:35 PM

BnB where do you work out at. I am at the 24hour it Atascasita. Thats some nice weight being tossed around.

Jason M
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

I work, and work out at a 24 Hour Fitness SuperSport (an old Q Club) in Sugar Land, a suburb of Houston. If I were any closer, I'd hit it with a few of you guys up there. But right now, couldn't anyway, only so many weeks out from the first of a three shows I'm trying to get ready for this spring.

Thanks, though. At least some people appreciate this stuff, and don't doubt people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement