Legpress guys.. i guess i have week legs.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Legpress guys.. i guess i have week legs..

well. after looking at the thread with people legpressing 1900lbs and stuff. i guess my legs are pathetic.
they are right at 30".
i hit legs last night..
4 plates x20 ( as close to knees to chest as i can with my big gut)
5 x15
6x12
7x10
7x8
7x8
5x12 super slow narrow stangs
3x10 narrow
3x10 narrow..
granted.. this is my 2nd leg work out in 6 months.. but it busted my ass....

i guess i would love one of the 20plate leg press guys to show me what i am doing wrong...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 12:45 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Thumbs up

Not bad...

if you were doing one legged presses.

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Not bad...

if you were doing one legged presses.

lol
i wish i guess i have weak legs.. but im still waiting for someont to step up and school me

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 12:48 PM
The Big Matt

that sounds extremely weak feldman
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Hired Hand

Your numbers are per side right? Either way that's quite a few sets, kep it up, you'll get those wheels back into shape. As for the heavy leg sledders, I wanted to fifure out my own capabilities last week so I did 3 sets of 8 with 11 plates per side (18 on the sled and 4 on a bar across the top) and that absolutely tore my ass up. Anyone doing 30+ plates for reps is either a monster or a straight up liar...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

yeah.. thats plates per side
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 01:07 PM
The Big Matt

it could be your height

those short widdle wegs may not be able to get a lot of weight up...

hahahah
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Matt
it could be your height

those short widdle wegs may not be able to get a lot of weight up...

hahahah

LOL

George
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Lifer

for how much you've been able to lift with your upper body (before the injury) I'm kinda surprised by those numbers. That's a shitload of sets, but that's about the same as my workout. I was blessed with strong legs for my size, but I guess I'm weak compared to all these guys throwing up 1000+ lbs.

How did that 3rd set with 7 plates/side feel? If you weren't feeling like you were about to push your stomach out of your ass then you are doing too light of weight.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by stangcrazy
for how much you've been able to lift with your upper body (before the injury) I'm kinda surprised by those numbers. That's a shitload of sets, but that's about the same as my workout. I was blessed with strong legs for my size, but I guess I'm weak compared to all these guys throwing up 1000+ lbs.

How did that 3rd set with 7 plates/side feel? If you weren't feeling like you were about to push your stomach out of your ass then you are doing too light of weight.

by the way.. im still waiting for one of the 1000+ lbs leg press guys to come and do legs with me.. i want to see how deep they go.. i was squatting 600lbs for reps. and still legpressing 9 plates Clean for reps...

like i said.. in 6 or so weeks once i am back into legs.. i invite some of teh 1000+ lbs leg presses to come lift with me
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 06:57 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning

by the way.. im still waiting for one of the 1000+ lbs leg press guys to come and do legs with me.. i want to see how deep they go.. i was squatting 600lbs for reps. and still legpressing 9 plates Clean for reps...

like i said.. in 6 or so weeks once i am back into legs.. i invite some of teh 1000+ lbs leg presses to come lift with me
I'LL BE THERE!

I might be able to get 7 or 8 plates up at least one by then.

I'm like you. I can kiss my knees when I'm leg pressing.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Do Work Son!!!!!

i play baseball and we max out legs at the middle of the fall, and after not doing legs for 3 or 4 months i did 585lbs 24 times and they said i leg pressed 900lbs. That figure is off ome chart or something.

But no i can do 4 sets of 12 reps with 8 then 9 then 10 and then 11 plates per side the last set is pretty hard. My main question is is the chart the used right.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
I'LL BE THERE!

I might be able to get 7 or 8 plates up at least one by then.

I'm like you. I can kiss my knees when I'm leg pressing.
yeah.. once i start getting into the heavier weights.. i go at least to/past 90*.. mostly because if i try to go knees to chest my fat gut would get in the way
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by ls1eater
i play baseball and we max out legs at the middle of the fall, and after not doing legs for 3 or 4 months i did 585lbs 24 times and they said i leg pressed 900lbs. That figure is off ome chart or something.

But no i can do 4 sets of 12 reps with 8 then 9 then 10 and then 11 plates per side the last set is pretty hard. My main question is is the chart the used right.
Robbie, you're a bastard anyways. I still want to see you do that though
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Lifer

thats ok, I am weak, I only do 5 per side, what thats 450 lb's. I used to do 1k but that was back in the day, and my legs were like tree trunks. I dont think I ever want my legs that big again. It was uncomfortable.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 12:40 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Bet Earl would have warmed up with 1000lbs

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:52 AM
My Boy!

last time I was working out in the gym (about 4 years ago) I was doing sets with 630 lbs. I thought I was doing good for my little skinny legs, but you guys are making me want to run down there and check to see what I can do now.

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Do Work Son!!!!!

stangcrazy come down anytime to the ol womacks only on the weekends though. besides when you pitch in baseball from the abs down is a huge part in velosity off the mound.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

just to check how you guys are doing it.. our gym has the legpress machines and the place you put your legs have 2 angles to them.. where are you guys putting your legs? mine are on the lower part.. my toes are right on the point where the metal changes angles...this makes it more of a squat.. where do you guys put your feet?
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 03:31 PM

White L, yeah I've seen and used those before. The lower IS more for a squat-type "press" and the higher will make the hamstrings do a little more work, compared to the lower. Our gym doesn't have that version, but when I did use it, I was exactly where your feet are!
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackandBlueLX
White L, yeah I've seen and used those before. The lower IS more for a squat-type "press" and the higher will make the hamstrings do a little more work, compared to the lower. Our gym doesn't have that version, but when I did use it, I was exactly where your feet are!
and you did how much weight to at leat 90* ??
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:47 PM

Quote:
and you did how much weight to at leat 90* ??
Are you mocking me? ... or doubting me?

I will reiterate my point, I KNOW what MY body can and can not do. I don't have a protractor sitting up in my gym, to tell me if I'm exactly 90 degrees!!!!!! And besides, let me ask you this, do YOU think it's 90* at the patellofemoral joint, or 90* at the hip joint??? I go as deep as I can and need to go, before my sacrum comes off the pads. If I get a client, or friend, that can touch their knees to their chest, and still maintain PERFECT posture with their spine, then I let them go that far. Otherwise, negative on that one!

Now, catch me on Hack Squats, and I'm going deeper than what you would call 90* at the knees. My butt almost hits the bottom, or the slide hits bottom, and then up I go.

BTW, on our Cybex 45* Leg Press Machine, which is not a sled-style, I've done a total of 1440, which is 13 plates on each side, and 6 plates on the top.... 32 in total, and that was for my 12 reps that set, on the 6th set!
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:47 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Re: Legpress guys.. i guess i have week legs..

Quote:
well. after looking at the thread with people legpressing 1900lbs and stuff. i guess my legs are pathetic.
they are right at 30".
i hit legs last night..
4 plates x20 ( as close to knees to chest as i can with my big gut)
5 x15
6x12
7x10
7x8
7x8
5x12 super slow narrow stangs
3x10 narrow
3x10 narrow..
granted.. this is my 2nd leg work out in 6 months.. but it busted my ass....

i guess i would love one of the 20plate leg press guys to show me what i am doing wrong...
damn that is alot of sets. I only do 3 sets of 14. what else are you doing on leg day? Sunday I am going for the 30 plates can't wait to see if I lift it or get crushed under the weight. I took all last week off from the gym and went back this week and I got stronger on my chest and arms, but weaker on my back, so legs will be the true test.

I start out with 10 total plates for 14 to 16 reps feet are high on the press, it is only one angle type the other one has the two angle type. then 22 total plates for 14 to 16 reps then I am shooting for 30 plates at least 8 reps but am shooting for 14. we shall see what happens.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackandBlueLX
Are you mocking me? ... or doubting me?

I will reiterate my point, I KNOW what MY body can and can not do. I don't have a protractor sitting up in my gym, to tell me if I'm exactly 90 degrees!!!!!! And besides, let me ask you this, do YOU think it's 90* at the patellofemoral joint, or 90* at the hip joint??? I go as deep as I can and need to go, before my sacrum comes off the pads. If I get a client, or friend, that can touch their knees to their chest, and still maintain PERFECT posture with their spine, then I let them go that far. Otherwise, negative on that one!

Now, catch me on Hack Squats, and I'm going deeper than what you would call 90* at the knees. My butt almost hits the bottom, or the slide hits bottom, and then up I go.

BTW, on our Cybex 45* Leg Press Machine, which is not a sled-style, I've done a total of 1440, which is 13 plates on each side, and 6 plates on the top.... 32 in total, and that was for my 12 reps that set, on the 6th set!

90* at the hip...
cartman..
leg press is 7-9 sets. as i posted...
3-4 sets leg extensions..

3-4 hamstring curls..

4 sets donkeys.. adn then 40 min cardio..
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
90* at the hip...
cartman..
leg press is 7-9 sets. as i posted...
3-4 sets leg extensions..

3-4 hamstring curls..

4 sets donkeys.. adn then 40 min cardio..
what are donkeys? Haven't heard of em'
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by stangcrazy
what are donkeys? Haven't heard of em'
Donkey calf raisers..

donkeys
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Question.. who here does legpress like this? IE taking it this deep or close to it..

legpress
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:00 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Question.. who here does legpress like this? IE taking it this deep or close to it..

legpress
I bring my legs as far as my stomach lets them go but I don't go up that far, that shows a lock out position and that is dangerous.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
I bring my legs as far as my stomach lets them go but I don't go up that far, that shows a lock out position and that is dangerous.
dangerous? every pro i have spoken to has advocated going to lockout on most sets. and Near lock out on super heavy sets.. IE 2000ish lbs..
I guess they are wrong..

oh well. to each his own.. you guys do your way.. i guess that means no one will take me up on my call out..

i havent trained legs in a long times.. so in about 2-3 months i should be ready to rock and roll if anyone wants to come do my leg work out with me..
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Lifer

I don't keep my legs that narrow, but that would be about as far as I go
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:27 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
i havent trained legs in a long times.. so in about 2-3 months i should be ready to rock and roll if anyone wants to come do my leg work out with me..
I said I'll be there in 3 months, beatch! April 18th, 2004! BE READY!
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 05:38 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
dangerous? every pro i have spoken to has advocated going to lockout on most sets. and Near lock out on super heavy sets.. IE 2000ish lbs..
I guess they are wrong..

oh well. to each his own.. you guys do your way.. i guess that means no one will take me up on my call out..

well, from what my trainer told me locking out is bad no matter how much weight you use. so I go almost to lock out. I did my 30 plates today 12 times as soon as I figure out how to get the pic from my phone to the pc I will post the machine with the weight on it.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:26 PM

Quote:

I would, but I live too far away!!!!!

<--- Not skeered!
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:05 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

WL, fug it. Let's see if we can get something done this week. Nothing like working out with someone better than you to bring your game up.

PM the gym location and time, also, what the guest fee is. I'm open anytime after Monday this week. I usually do legs on Tuesday, but I'll shift it to whenever.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
WL, fug it. Let's see if we can get something done this week. Nothing like working out with someone better than you to bring your game up.

PM the gym location and time, also, what the guest fee is. I'm open anytime after Monday this week. I usually do legs on Tuesday, but I'll shift it to whenever.
ROCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement