Toning and Losing Baby Weight?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Toning and Losing Baby Weight??

Hey guys. I need some advice on how to tone up and lose a little weight from having three kids. I'm doing okay on the weight loss by watching what I eat, but its hard for me to get out of the house and go to the gym very often. Any suggestions on some ways to work out at home without a ton of equipment that will be effective in speeding up my weight loss, and helping me tone at the same time? Or, is there a piece of equipment any of you recommend that is not extremely costly that would be beneficial?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Keep watching what you eat. Cut down on the calories and on the simple carbs. Eat your complex carbs in the morning and around lunch. Try not to eat carbs for dinner and eat 2-3 hours before you go to sleep at night. Don't eat and then go to sleep. That's like filling up with energy and not using it. So your body just stores it.

Get a simple excercise bike or treadmill and if you can, try to use it in the morning before you've eaten. Your body burns more fat then because you haven't eaten all night so your body is forced to eat your fat for energy.

I'm sure others have more suggestions.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Monsoon. Definitely some good input.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
I'm sure others have more suggestions.

Puking after each meal always works for me.*shrugs*

Seriously though like JC said, count your calories. Weightloss can be achieved without exercise, but it takes a very strict calorie count to do so. Calories consumed must be less than calories burned so lack of exercise just means that you've got a smaller margin to work with. Any kind of cheating will negate the weeks progress so stay strict or find a way to get some cardio in a couple times a week.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Lifer

I have some 5 lb. hand weights and try to do arm and leg exercises with them at night when I watch TV... It's not a lot, but it's cheap and it works!

I can't ever seem to stay consistent w/ it, but if you can make it a habit I am sure you'd be surprised to see how big of a difference it will make!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redheadintx
I have some 5 lb. hand weights and try to do arm and leg exercises with them at night when I watch TV... It's not a lot, but it's cheap and it works!

I can't ever seem to stay consistent w/ it, but if you can make it a habit I am sure you'd be surprised to see how big of a difference it will make!
Resistance training is good.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by redheadintx

It's impossible for me to work out at home. The couch is too close.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Someone told me about the resistance bands that are really good for working out your arms and legs. I forget what they are called, but evidently they are not very expensive, and if used correctly, they can give you good results. Anyone use them?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperMsLopez
Someone told me about the resistance bands that are really good for working out your arms and legs. I forget what they are called, but evidently they are not very expensive, and if used correctly, they can give you good results. Anyone use them?
Save money and use your body as a weight. Pushups, knee bends, arm raises, jumping jacks, sit ups and what not.

Sometimes when I want to break out of the monotony of the same routine I do a modified Military regime that is strictly calisthenics. No weights involved but will get you tired and pumped. Sore even! If you're not used to it.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperMsLopez
We used to use those in a step class I took... we incorporated the cardio of the step w/ the bands for toning... I really liked them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement