Best Suppliments to take? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Timmay

Best Suppliments to take?

What are the suppliments that you take? I am not looking to gain weight.. rather lose it yet tone up at the same time. I have a very good grasp on my diet... Is there anything out there that will aid in toning up/gaining muscle?

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 12:50 PM
African Booty Scratcher

Exclamation winny!!

all your friends are doing it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Timmay

winny?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Tim
winny?
Short for Winstrol. It is an anabolic steroid, not an OTC supplement.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Hired Hand

I'd recommend a high calorie weight gainer shake. Especially with your size, that would be a good way to get more relatively low-fat calories in your diet. Beyond that and protein I'd say lay of spending any more money untill you've made solid progress for a month or two. Supplements help existing progress, they don't create it.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 10:43 PM
P.I.M.P.

So far I love my SAN v12 - Don't know if it's doing nething other then being a placebo, but I get great pumps and love working out now rather then looking at it like a chore. It also has creatine monohydrate, amino acids, and l'guitarine (sp) in it which in my past experiences have usually been pretty nice
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I'd recommend a high calorie weight gainer shake. Especially with your size, that would be a good way to get more relatively low-fat calories in your diet. Beyond that and protein I'd say lay of spending any more money untill you've made solid progress for a month or two. Supplements help existing progress, they don't create it.
Agreed.
Most of the time, the best way is the hardest way!
I've taking just about everything But steriods when i was younger
to no avail.
finally, results came from mere whey,weight gainer and countless hours in the gym.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Timmay

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
Yeah, I have been lifting for 7 months straight.. so the progress is already showing. Quite a bit actually. I think I will just concentrate on losing weight.. get to the point where I want to be and then worry about majorly bulking up.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I have been lifting for 7 months straight.. so the progress is already showing. Quite a bit actually. I think I will just concentrate on losing weight.. get to the point where I want to be and then worry about majorly bulking up.
It's best if you Bulk up first.
Due to the fact that you will need to take huge amounts of protein and calories to allow your progress. You will and i mean WILL get bigger fat wise. Unless that is your on a extremely tight eating diet.
The point is, its better to bulk up first and gain your extra weight and fat. Then when your happy with your strength and size.
Take all the L-Glutamine you can and do cardio, cardio, cardio!
Just dont forget while your sliming down to give your newly earned muscle a workout. What you dont use , you loose!

hell what do i know? just some advice i've been wrong before
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Timmay

Well I have lost ~40 pounds since June from lifting and running. I have also noticed a gain in strength and body definition. I have a very strict diet and my body can handle a lot of calories (being 6'11", 265).
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Well I have lost ~40 pounds since June from lifting and running. I have also noticed a gain in strength and body definition. I have a very strict diet and my body can handle a lot of calories (being 6'11", 265).
You need to come over and do the squat deadlift workout I got going. Its for fucking animals!!! My legs are getting bigger weekly...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Lifer

if you want something simple to start now to help muscle recovery, and energy, get a multi vitamin, a branch chain amino acid, and glutamine, those will help with energy, and muscle recovery, then we wont feel so drained after a hard week of workouts. Plus you will feel like your muscles arent as sore.

With that, keep up the diet, and you will be good. I have put back on 5 pounds since november, and have not gained any noticable body fat, mostly lean muscle mass. I am happy, my diet is preaty good, but not perfect. christmas, and new years fucked that up. Now that we are back in line, and running, I should see some good body fat loss.

I am not in any hurry, if we just keep it up like we have been, we will both be sitting preaty when spring comes around.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Timmay

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
You need to come over and do the squat deadlift workout I got going. Its for fucking animals!!! My legs are getting bigger weekly...
What exactly do you do?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Miss_Mustang_94

Thumbs up

Quote:
YUMMY!!! How YOU doin?

I use 'PURE' supps. They are the best that I've found so far as far as joint support and whey support. I've gained nearly 6lbs and lost a lil' over 3% bf in the last 4 weeks! but then again that's training 6 days/week.

AL - I'd love to try that! Where/when do you guys go?
**Tried fast-twitch? Wanna puke? It's insane!

Kimmay!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement