who is benching what nowadays?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

who is benching what nowadays??

what is your bench, and squatt. I know you won't lie..(yeah right). I heard that Mr. Evil is pretty big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 08:27 PM
dispatching aero planes

bench---shitty
squat----real shitty
thats a good question I need to find out
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 07:17 AM
Time Served

Bench what, squat what?

Best bench so for 445lb with out bench shirt . Never max on squat just work with 405lb. So where does everyone workout.

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-03-2001, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Best bench so for 445lb
That's pretty good. How much do you weigh? I workout at 24hr fitness in Lewisville. How about you?
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 07:42 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

Mr. Evil is a pussy! HAHAHAHAH!!!! Somebody lied to you!
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 01:16 PM
Time Served

I weigh 280lb. I workout at school in the mornings and in the even at my home town gym. I am trying hard to get 495 -500 by summer. Best dead lift is 635lb.
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-06-2001, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Since you think he is a puss, how about your lifts??

Zack, those are some great numbers. Here are my stats:

Weight - 215-220 and increasing as we speak I want to weigh in at 245lbs by next April.
Height - 6.0ft
Bench - Did 385lbs after my workout (probably could have done 405lbs)

Squatt - guessing 475lbs (I rep 405lbs 6-8)
Legpress - 1200lbs for 6 reps (low foot grip with wraps)
Deadlift - unsure

Plan on competing in a NPC bodybuilding show next year around July. Hopefully weigh in at a shredded 215lbs.

Thanks for the numbers, its good to know what other people are doing.

-Brandon
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 06:40 AM
Worship me

I'm good for about a 340 at the moment. I've lost 24 lbs. of flab in the past couple of months and haven't been working out like I should. I would love to get to 400 lbs. I guess we will see.
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2001, 01:56 PM
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by AnotherRedHead
Mr. Evil is a pussy! HAHAHAHAH!!!! Somebody lied to you!
<--- Im a scrawny little mofo. I can't even bench Nic's weight.
I often am confused for LacedDayQuill and Supercharged2K.
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2001, 03:09 PM
XL

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil

how the fuck did i know you were gonna post something like that in here, the only reason i looked was to check if you said anything..
post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2001, 06:00 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil

LMAO
post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-11-2001, 11:33 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Bench = 135lbs

squat = 185lbs

Doubt I could repeat those numbers now though.

Karen
post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Sorry to hear that Mr. Evil. I heard wrong I guess.

Al, I bet you could do 400lbs by the end of the year if you start eating right and hitting the gym more often. Good luck!

Frogger I have seen you before. You look strong!! 135lbs on the bench press is good for someone your size. The squatt is good too. Get back into the gym and I bet you could easily beat those numbers.

-Brandon
post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 07:42 AM
dispatching aero planes

Bench 245x6...so somewhere around 290-295
Squat 365x6...so somewhere around 400
post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Stop your lying Ryan! You know you can only do the bar.
post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 10:04 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

Yesterday I benched a whopping 155 lbs....after supersets of dumbells incline press and incline flyes and decline press and cable crossovers. Hit the bench for killer exhaustion and could only do 155 6 times! Thats when I know Ive had a GOOD workout!
post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like you had a great workout. I love those days when I can actually say, "That was a great workout". I try to every day. Keep it up. How often do you superset on chest? Do you know what you 1 rep max is?

-Brandon
post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 11:07 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by Bkennim
Frogger I have seen you before. You look strong!! 135lbs on the bench press is good for someone your size. The squatt is good too. Get back into the gym and I bet you could easily beat those numbers.

-Brandon
Thanks for the encouragement, Brandon.

Now if I could just cut out that 10:30pm snack break, I would have time to lift. J/K...

Karen
post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Anytime Karen.
post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 02:05 PM
Lifer

Re: Bench what, squat what?

Quote:
Originally posted by zach
Best bench so for 445lb with out bench shirt . Never max on squat just work with 405lb. So where does everyone workout.
Damn, those are some impressive #'s. My max on bench is 380...would love to get 400 by the end of the year but that probably won't happen realisitically. Squats aren't my strong suit....haven't maxed in forever. Maybe 375-380?
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 04:21 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Nothing big probably like 300, but I never do 1 rep max. Muscle growth is never stimulated by one rep maxes....
post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Muscle growth is never stimulated by one rep maxes....
ARH, How do you figure this? How many reps do you think powerlifters do? Answer - Normally 1-6 reps, ever. The reason being is, the heavier weights you lift the stronger you will be. This makes your muscles adapt to the heavier weight. Once they have adapted to that weight then they will go heavier. This is to build mass. Bodybuilders follow this same rule on the off season to put on weight and build more muscle. If you havn't ever tried doing the low rep routine then maybe you should try it and see how it does.

To cleryfy this, I'm not saying that you should do the low rep routine year round. If you want to be more cut for the summertime, then I would recommend staring the higher reps around March.

-Brandon
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 08:38 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:

ARH, How do you figure this? How many reps do you think powerlifters do? Answer - Normally 1-6 reps, ever. The reason being is, the heavier weights you lift the stronger you will be. This makes your muscles adapt to the heavier weight. Once they have adapted to that weight then they will go heavier. This is to build mass. Bodybuilders follow this same rule on the off season to put on weight and build more muscle. If you havn't ever tried doing the low rep routine then maybe you should try it and see how it does.

To cleryfy this, I'm not saying that you should do the low rep routine year round. If you want to be more cut for the summertime, then I would recommend staring the higher reps around March.

-Brandon

Powerlifters can lift alot and weigh little because of that routine. Their goal is to lift the most at the least possible bodyweight. BBers do 8-10 because this has proven time and time again to be the best for muscle growth....
post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-19-2001, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

When have you EVER seen a skinny Powerlifter???????????
post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 04:28 PM
Hired Hand

Guess I'll chime in on this one. I'm 5'10 weigh in at around 200 (ask me on Friday, it'll be more mmmm tuuuurkeeeey) with a max bench of 375. I tore up my lower back some time ago and vowed never to do super heavy squats or deadlifts again so I haven't a clue what those would max out at. I'm gonna put on weight until Jan. 2 and then the goal is 8% bodyfat without losing too much strength. I'd love to weigh in at 225 someday, but going natural it's gonna be a long road...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 07:24 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
When have you EVER seen a skinny Powerlifter???????????

I have seen many....one at my gym wieghs around 190 and deadlifts 611 lbs.

You just think powerlifters are fat because they hold water. Water weight on your body gives more room for strength. YOu are never your strongest when ripped and not holding water. If you are holding water you will lift more, period. I dont know what powerlifters you have seen but Ive seen 330 lb bodybuilders and Ed Coan can squat over 1000 and he weighs in at 240 lbs....
post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Damn, playa!! Those are awsome numbers. Keep eating and I'm sure 225 will not be that far away. Dieting without losing any muscle takes a long time, so that's good that you are starting so early for the summer. Good Luck..

-Brandon
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 10:12 PM
Worship me

Quote:

I have seen many....one at my gym wieghs around 190 and deadlifts 611 lbs.

You just think powerlifters are fat because they hold water. Water weight on your body gives more room for strength. YOu are never your strongest when ripped and not holding water. If you are holding water you will lift more, period. I dont know what powerlifters you have seen but Ive seen 330 lb bodybuilders and Ed Coan can squat over 1000 and he weighs in at 240 lbs....
LOL....I saw Ed Coan at the 1991 USPF Senior Nationals here in Dallas. He weighed in at 217, benched 545, squatted 989 lbs. (if I remember correctly) and deadlifted around 880 lbs. I remember the lifts because I was helping spot that fool and got my picture in Muscle and Fitness!

I traveled the country for 2 years with my dad doing powerlifting and bodybuilding competitions. Met a TON of those guys that you see on the World's Strongest man on ESPN at night! It was fun to watch them all in person...STRONG AS HELL!

Its all in the low reps. A lot of those told me personally that they would never do more than about 6 reps when getting ready for a show and a lot of them would use a 10 week power routine that slowly increased weight and decreased reps. That stuff works great for single reps and pure strength, you can't beat it.

And ARH is correct, body weight PERIOD...means strength...doesn't mean if its fat or water or WHATEVER, you will be stronger if you weigh more up to a reasonable point. The hard part is shedding that weight and keeping your strength up...THAT is pretty tough!
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

First of all I didn't say powerlifters were fat. You said in the beginning of this that low reps does not cause muscle stimulation. Which is not correct. I am simply disagreeing with you. I believe it does. Most bodybuilders in their growth stage will stick to low rep sets to build more muscle. Closer to a show they will raise the reps to get the burn so they can get the ripped look they are looking for. It is for the conditioning. If you want to grow then stick with low reps. If you want condition then stick with higher reps. Right now I am in my growth stage, therefore I am doing 6-8 reps. Along with food intake I have gained 22lbs in the past 3 months. I weigh 222 right now. That is weighing myself in the morning. I am 6ft and now bench 405lbs.
post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
And ARH is correct, body weight PERIOD...means strength...doesn't mean if its fat or water or WHATEVER, you will be stronger if you weigh more up to a reasonable point. The hard part is shedding that weight and keeping your strength up...THAT is pretty tough!
I am the one who is saying this point. Not ARH!
post #31 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If you are holding water you will lift more, period.
So you are saying that water gives you strength? Water is in the muscle tissue to help growth, not for strength. This is why when you see someone on roids they are ussually retaining ALOT of water. This is to promote muscle growth. Water is obviously different than muscle.

Quote:
I dont know what powerlifters you have seen but Ive seen 330 lb bodybuilders and Ed Coan can squat over 1000 and he weighs in at 240 lbs....
You cannot compare these two. One is obviously not natural. He's had anabolics to get that heavy. I can't speak for how people train that are using.

Last edited by Bkennim; 11-20-2001 at 11:27 PM.
post #32 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 08:51 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

When you hold water, you are stronger. Water in the muscles promotes growth and strength. Why do you think you are stronger when you are all bloated up on creatine?

And if you think Ed Coan doesn't roid you are crazy too. Powerlifters use roids all the time but they use different types of drugs than the person going for the most amount of muscle. Powerlifters take drugs like halo, tren, and suspension that are in and out of their systems quick for testing and for quick strength gains without gaining weight. When you are going for the most lift, aggression and adrenaline and strength are the keys. What do you think caused mike tysons ear biting incident? CHequedrops and some halo right before the fight to increase aggression. Think about it. DOn't be oblivious and think you are gonna be a monster by taking andro or some shit like that....
post #33 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 07:46 PM
get8ch

Quote:
When you hold water, you are stronger. Water in the muscles promotes growth and strength. Why do you think you are stronger when you are all bloated up on creatine?

And if you think Ed Coan doesn't roid you are crazy too. Powerlifters use roids all the time but they use different types of drugs than the person going for the most amount of muscle. Powerlifters take drugs like halo, tren, and suspension that are in and out of their systems quick for testing and for quick strength gains without gaining weight. When you are going for the most lift, aggression and adrenaline and strength are the keys. What do you think caused mike tysons ear biting incident? CHequedrops and some halo right before the fight to increase aggression. Think about it. DOn't be oblivious and think you are gonna be a monster by taking andro or some shit like that....
All this is true, and to add another point...when the muscles are holding more water than normal, it gives you more levarage so you can lift more.
post #34 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

THE WHOLE DISCUSSION STARTED WHEN YOU SAID THAT ONE MAX SET ALONG WITH THE REST OF YOUR WORKOUT DOESN'T PROMOTE MUSCLE GROWTH. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M REALLY NOT INTO USING DRUGS RIGHT NOW SO I CAN'T COMMENT ON WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

LATER
post #35 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 04:42 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
THE WHOLE DISCUSSION STARTED WHEN YOU SAID THAT ONE MAX SET ALONG WITH THE REST OF YOUR WORKOUT DOESN'T PROMOTE MUSCLE GROWTH. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M REALLY NOT INTO USING DRUGS RIGHT NOW SO I CAN'T COMMENT ON WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

LATER
Don't get mad, I have lots more knowledge on the subject than you. Its ok....

And it DOES NOT promote muscle growth to the degree the other form of working out does, plain and simple. Thats why powerlifters and bodybuilders do two different types of workouts....
post #36 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 10:40 AM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:

Don't get mad, I have lots more knowledge on the subject than you. Its ok....

I have seen Bkennim in person and have worked out with him, and I have also seen pictures of you on this web site, I would take his suggestions before I would take yours.
post #37 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 12:07 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
Originally posted by RCobracon94

I have seen Bkennim in person and have worked out with him, and I have also seen pictures of you on this web site, I would take his suggestions before I would take yours.
That is why you will never succeed in anything you do, you are judging a book by its cover. Just because someone is bigger than another, doesn't by any means say that they have more knowledge about the subject. Ask Mr. Evil or AL P or alot of people that I have given sound anabolic and diet advice to, they will tell you, I know what Im talking about. It really doesn't matter to me what you think....but ever think about something....I race a motorcycle. I am very tall so I am at a weight disadvantage already, so I have to be very low body fat, and not overly muscular to compete next year in the streetbikeshootout. Maybe, just maybe there are reasons why Im 5 % body fat. Maybe there is a reason I can be 6 ft 5 and still weigh 182 and still bench almost 300 pounds....maybe, just maybe I know what Im talking about you fucking idiot
post #38 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 12:57 PM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:

Maybe there is a reason I can be 6 ft 5 and still weigh 182 and still bench almost 300 pounds....maybe, just maybe I know what Im talking about you fucking idiot

ethiopian body building championships coming up, you might want to enter. You are doing good on your cycles too, weighing in at a buck 82...you don't sound too impressive so I still won't listen to you..and it does bother you what I or anyone else says or you wouldn't have replied.
post #39 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 02:27 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Thumbs down

LOL, you're one of those guys my mom says to ignore and it will make them go away I didn't ask you to listen to me in the first place, in fact, I wasn't even talking to you if I remember correctly. And, I know Im doing pretty good on the bikes, you don't have to tell me. I may be skinny, but I can still whoop your ass, and thats a fact.

If you would like to try me, go ahead on drop by my house...

735 Madrid Rd,
Duncanville tx

You can call me at 469 767 7978 if you think you can run your mouth in person like you can type. Lets see just how "skinny" I am.....
post #40 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 02:36 PM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:
LOL, you're one of those guys my mom says to ignore and it will make them go away I didn't ask you to listen to me in the first place, in fact, I wasn't even talking to you if I remember correctly. And, I know Im doing pretty good on the bikes, you don't have to tell me. I may be skinny, but I can still whoop your ass, and thats a fact.

If you would like to try me, go ahead on drop by my house...

735 Madrid Rd,
Duncanville tx

You can call me at 469 767 7978 if you think you can run your mouth in person like you can type. Lets see just how "skinny" I am.....
okay let me go to your house, maybe we can have a pissing contest or something or how about we go and throw up some weight, pound for pound I will beat you and that is a fact...you can tell those roids are doing something for your attitude...not just the bitch tits that you have.
post #41 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 02:40 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

I don't take steroids....never have, probably never will. Well, Ive already put down the paper, but you're obviously not biting like you do always on that dick....call me when you get some balls.....
post #42 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 02:46 PM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:
I don't take steroids....never have, probably never will. Well, Ive already put down the paper, but you're obviously not biting like you do always on that dick....call me when you get some balls.....
I told you that I don't need any of your advise, I know that upsets you but live with it.
post #43 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 03:17 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
Originally posted by RCobracon94

I told you that I don't need any of your advise, I know that upsets you but live with it.
Its spelled advice.....bahahahaha
post #44 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-24-2001, 02:10 PM
dispatching aero planes

Quote:

Its spelled advice.....bahahahaha
you got me....thanks for the lesson...everybody praise the palm tree, and if you got any questions he will give you the correct answer everytime, and sound spelling advice for those who need it. Shit he even gave his home address and phone number for those of you who cannot get a hold of him on this site.
post #45 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-24-2001, 02:27 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Thumbs up

damn right, now thats customer service! HAHA!
post #46 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
6 ft 5 and still weigh 182 and still bench almost 300 pounds
I call BULLSHIT on that!!! I would love to see you push up anything even near 300lbs.
post #47 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I may be skinny, but I can still whoop your ass, and thats a fact.
Let me get t his right.. You are calling out Ryan??
post #48 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 06:52 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

This has gotten off topic, but I will chime in about the original topic...I just started working out again. I hadn't worked out in almost 3 years. I lift so little now it's pathetic. I worked out with more weight at the end of my sophomore year....
post #49 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-10-2001, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

thought I erased this thread?
post #50 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 08:37 AM
Time Served

Did a certain someone say that they are 6'5" 182 pounds and can bench 300lb. I would like to see this. Reminds me of the time Ghandi benched 300lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement