B-B-B-BASS! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

B-B-B-BASS!

I finally picked up a good amp for my kicker solobaric.(DVC 4 ohm)
I had a phoenix gold xs 6600 on there that was putting out 300w
@ 2 ohms. That amp was 6 channel so it was defeating it own purpose because I didnt even powerup 4 of the channels.(2 ohm bridge) Ive known Joel and Ceril at josephs for years and years and they hooked me up with a Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1 for $XXX.XX dollas!(cheap cheap) The amp was tested at the factory to push 1053w at 2 ohms!!!!
Not to toot my own horn, but I bet that my one woofer hits as hard as some peoples 4 15's.
Just goes to show that once again quality is better than quantity.
Did I mention that I put down some more money on another 15 and 1000 more watts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 11:13 AM
I beat DAM LS1

they are cool people. I just had them put in a 12w3 JL and a memphis D series 250x1. Cyril hooked me up, and they respect your stuff there. I kept listing to see if they punched out my car when they pulled it around and they didnt. It seems like everytime that vallet or service shops drive your car they punch it out alittle. Thats why i try to do everything myself.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 07:32 AM
Lifer

I have known Joel, Ceril, and their family since 1985 and they are good people. I had even gone to the Stillwater installer school when Ceril. Man I like those Solobarics. I had four 12 Solobarics in the back of a mustang when they first came out and man it was awesome. I had a 15 solo in my SUV until someone stole it. I currently have 4 - 15 solos at my house connected to two old Carver tube amps.

Please, protect your ears!!! At only 35 years old my ears are toast!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally posted by stang46sc
they are cool people. I just had them put in a 12w3 JL and a memphis D series 250x1. Cyril hooked me up, and they respect your stuff there. I kept listing to see if they punched out my car when they pulled it around and they didnt. It seems like everytime that vallet or service shops drive your car they punch it out alittle. Thats why i try to do everything myself.

YEAH!
I let them put in an alarm when the cobra first got done with all the upgrades and I let ceril drive it to the back.
He was literally shaking in his boots.
e was cared to punchit even though told him to.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally posted by superpro
I have known Joel, Ceril, and their family since 1985 and they are good people. I had even gone to the Stillwater installer school when Ceril. Man I like those Solobarics. I had four 12 Solobarics in the back of a mustang when they first came out and man it was awesome. I had a 15 solo in my SUV until someone stole it. I currently have 4 - 15 solos at my house connected to two old Carver tube amps.

Please, protect your ears!!! At only 35 years old my ears are toast!!!

4 SOLOBARICS!
That is alot of boom in the back of a stang!
With 1 solo (old round one) 15' on 400 w I hit an 134.4 dbl.
Ive seen 4 solo 12's on 2000 watts hit 145.xx's all day long in the back of a subrubon, I can only imagine what theyd sound like in a hatchback stang! Theres a big differencebeytween an 134 and 145 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement